They aren't slaves

they are literally paid for it and no one is telling them they will kill them, the worst thing that has ever happened in this forum was some edgelord saying someone should be fired a while back and they got banned.

You however need to hop off their laps because the devs are people too and people have flaws. Flaws we are all too familiar with and are tired of dealing for months at a time. OWL favoritism, ignoring feedback, slowness to address issues in the game, poor prioritizing…that to name a few.

21 Likes

The majority of the developers actually making the calls that are annoying people are likely millionaires. I’m not going to look it up or link to it because that would be a violation of the forums rules but, the top echelon that are messing up aren’t likely suffering anything like that of being a slave.

3 Likes

If they cant handle customers being upset with their work ethics perhaps this is not the profession for them. I’m sure they are aware of the rising disappointment from their customers and knowing this while also being silent is not a good look.

We have a right to express our grievances to give them better insight as to what the issue is. They wont know what we are upset about if we just scream “we are so upset”, the forums is where feedback is given.

And so we leave feedback, some a little more passionate than others but if they CLAIM to read this feedback then its here for them to either ignore (which they do anyway) or take heed. Either way, they are not innocent little doves void of judgement.

We all are passionate about the game and dont want it to die so of course we have concerns and like I said some are just far more passionate than most. Have a good day. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

I mean I get pressured at my job

Y’know, that’s kinda how working works

If someone is asking good questions and isn’t being a jerk about it, I think it’s perfectly fine, the devs don’t need your defense

2 Likes

And Seller has the right to change things in the license after it’s been sold to you.

You agreed to that in the EULA & ToS.

Edit: It’s a license, not a final product.

3 Likes

Yes, they have that right. But that doesnt mean its a smart business practice.

Why create a forum that promotes discussion and constructivism, reaching to the point of SUSPENDING people for not beeing constructive,

Just to claim that people are critizising you too much?

Why not? LoL has this idea.

This game isn’t Mario. It’s subject to change.

The players agreed to that when they bought the game. It’s their fault if they don’t like it.

OP might just be a kid who – while having good intentions – is genuinely naive about these things.

AsianBanana, these forums are intense a lot of the time, but ultimately the developers are paid to work on this game.

3 Likes

It’s far cheaper to deal with people on a forum you control and let them vent on it to a degree with some rules rather than potentially having some of them vent elsewhere and not following any rules. This is especially true when you’ve got related parties that have skeleton’s in their closet that could be dug up to be used to hurt you.

It doesn’t make it okay to still break those rules.

Players are still calling out others and rank shaming. Players are still saying things about others that are off topic. Players are still threatening Blizzard. Players are still being uncivil (Sure, debates get heated, but namecalling and other derogatory phrases are not acceptable).

well let me explain it like this.

The reason people are complaining is because the product is now failing to meet expectations. Anyone, and I mean anyone, would be angry.
Even if they were just some employee that failed to meet quota, their boss would want to have a word with them about it.

the reason we’re angry is because people like me, honestly, have felt like they were getting screwed on the daily by how little updates happen and how lackluster this event is.

It just feels as if the game is just getting ignored all together in favor other things.

But the main point of people complaining about this is because of the summer games being under performing.
And because of this under performance, its bringing out a lot of unfixed hate that’s gathered over the years due to blizzard’s decisions.

1 Like

Not many people really demanding stuff but rather asking for stuff. The loud a-holes are a massive misrepresentation of a majority of posters.

What gets me is I come from Blizz WoW branch and they have always been way more interactive with the community then what I have seen in OW. A lot of people on these forums seem to just want to be in the loop as say Rein bug fixes that are being worked on may mean it’s ok to work on your Rein play since he will only get better when those issues are resolved.

Not knowing anything means those kinds of players remain anxious and disheartend

2 Likes

Depends on the rule.

Some perhaps have good intentions but, can go into imperfect results.

You don’t want every post to be

Blizzard pay attention to me 11111!!!

but, having Blizzard in the title when it fits and isn’t calling for special attention isn’t the end of the world.

You don’t want every post in a section to be about a single topic unless the section is design for the topic.

But, tossing posts at random into a megathread leaves a mess that’s a pain to read and significantly neuters discussion.

I’ve been working on and off on a project regarding Mercy and trying to read the various megathreads/search through them has been an utter pain.

Then we’ve got the don’t post about locked or deleted threads it’s up to you to figure out what was done wrong.

Moderators aren’t infallible and deciding that it’s up to the user in question to figure out what’s wrong can leave people not catching what they did wrong and repeating it. You might not want questions about locked threads filling the main area but, it’d make sense to allow them someplace to clear things up.

You’ve also got a ban on discussion of bans including chat logs from players and game masters. Needless to say as multiple people can hit the same issue or GM’s can ignore policy which makes rules against it somewhat less than ideal at times.

they arent slaves, correct, but they are the devs of this game which we paid for, we deserve communication. Blizzard is behaving scarily close to hi-rez during ob64 in paladins

Bobby Kotick is a businessman and doesn’t even play video games

Yet it’s against guidelines.

If players actually used the megathread, the devs would have an easier time reading it as it’s not going to be completely random and out of context what is read. Players aren’t using the tools at their disposal designed to help them, and as a result, Blizzard is putting most, if not all of their time into sorting it rather than reading and taking feedback.

Look at yesterday for example. 11 posts I found on the forums related to Mercy balance. Today? Almost every single one was moved to the megathread, deleted because it’s not constructive, or locked because fighting.

When it comes down to it, players are abusing systems put in place to help. And as a result, nobody wins.

That’s my point.

Blizzard’s rules frequently exceed what is necessary.

The megathreads frequently aren’t specific enough for it to work well even if everyone put the feedback at that location.

Blizzard could easily create a new forum section for specific issues. They choose not to do so. That’s entirely on them.

Blizzard, it’s ownership, and it’s staff have had no problems with edging up to rules/ethics, breaking them, or breaking them and covering it up with money. If people are deciding to go after people whenever they cross/flirt with Blizzard’s lines then the same should apply to Blizzard when they cross/flirt with the law.

Additionally, people have been flagging the thread and getting it locked for a while without any clear action being taken.

But they’re Blizzard’s rules. You have to abide by them, like it or not.

Then we’d have 99+ different topics for forums to choose from. Not only is there a lot to sort through, a large majority of players wouldn’t even see what’s going on in forum categories they don’t frequent.

It’s like making a dodgeball tournament with ~200 players. You decide to group them via specific physical features (ie. glasses and muscular, Asian and lanky, etc.) Eventually, you have so few people per team that they’re not even really teams. Some “teams” only have one person while others have 4+ players.

It doesn’t make sense. Not only would this further the divide in the community, but it would also create even more tension between the developers and players.

I mean, how would developers be able to look through that many specific topics, even to look at things that don’t make much sense? They can’t and neither can the community.

The megathread is a good thing tbh. It helps prevent spam. The players are abusing it. Don’t blame the false flagging on the megathread as it’s very much a player bound issue.

1.5 years is plenty of time to figure out what to do with Bastion.

Also it is their job to work for our entertainment that’s how you get people to buy the game, stay, and possibly buy lootboxes for a game they intend to keep playing.

As others have said they also make money from it so they’re not slaves but they also have to appeal to the community.

1 Like