These PTR patchnotes are a middle-finger to tanks and Brigitte

Live Reaper is not going to compare to PTR Reaper that can do 40 hps per body shot. That’s not even including what a headshot can do. All this does is not address his problems, and creates more issues. D.Va + Reaper + Mercy = he has no counters.

They said this when he got 20% lifesteal. They said it when his wraithform was cancellable and his lifesteal went to 30%. It didn’t happen. He still sucked.

Now it goes to 50% and all I can say is, I have to see it to believe it.

2 Likes

I love how EVERYONE complained about armor and now EVERYONE is complaining about something being done about it. Pathetic.

3 Likes

Against the listed counters ,it makes little to no difference.

As again :

That’s just not going to happen ,DM’s not good enough to protect you from the constant barrage of burst damage too high to heal from ,reaper is still slow and easy to hit outside of wraith form ,and if he uses that to engage he has nothing to disengage with.

Hanzo and Mercy are enough to destroy this entire strategy

I never complained about armor. Only DPS who had to deal with armor complained about it, like Tracer and Genji players (and not even all of them did). A lot of people wanted a hero like Reaper to have armor piercing rounds. There’s ways to balance it without doing it the lazy way and just making it lose it significance.

You strengthen the heroes who are supposed to be strong against armor. Like…OH REAPER AND JUNKRAT. Which both are not good. And you give them something meaningful to their kit to help them against armor.

2 Likes

Reaper is actually pretty viable on console and I’m a little afraid he is gonna get even worse. A decent Reaper can be unstoppable here. Time to learn McCree I guess…

He will. I can assure you he will be near impossible to stop on most console games, and lower ranks on both console and PC.

2 Likes

I thought you mained rein? Hes the least effected by all this hes gonna be incredibly strong if that’s what your worried about. I think this is an change for the good and was probably meant to help dps as a whole since the entire category is basically struggling in the meta

Brigitte did not need another straight nerf. I think she was already weak before this most recent nerf. I’m not saying she needed a buff, but I think she needed the power level of some of her abilities redistributed, rather than just purely nerfing her.

You can easily look at my playtime across PC and PS4. I don’t really main any single hero. I favor certain ones, yes, but I am mostly a general tank/support main.

Why not strengthen heroes on an individual level instead of an umbrella nerf that only gives a certain playerbase less incentive to want to play a certain role?

Give Reaper armor piercing rounds. Don’t mess with his life steal. Buff his Shadowstep.

Fix Junkrat’s hit registration issues with his primary, and revert the hitbox. Increase the time it takes to get RIP Tire.

There’s other options here that would have been better options. People are forgetting this just strengthens heroes like Tracer and Genji again.

I agree DPS needed to be buffed in some way, but not to the affect that eliminates one of their counters, which is armor’s effectiveness. They nerfed Pulse Bomb so that Tracer wasn’t bullying tanks, but if these changes go live, it’ll be even easier for her to return to doing that.

The issue is, players aren’t going to want to play tanks anymore. We’re completely overlooking that problem.

2 Likes

This is the greatest idea yet!

I was only thinking about having that 50% life steal apply to Tanks.

Literally pocket Reaper with zen and mercy and you cannot lose.

I dont think so. Reaper and junk were already strong against tanks and this makes them, especially reaper even better at it. And tanks have been sneak buffed alot recently with all the cc being toned down on doom and brig. They can be frustrating to play but the class as a whole has a much bigger impact on the game than any other

I think the impact to Brig relative to everyone else might be overstated. (The changes are going to stink for most players due to the side effects imho)

Granted, I’ve only been on the PTR for an hour and a half or so and the matches were a bit uneven but, I did not feel terribly useless and I had bad FPS and I’m not that good at her.

If you want to deal with Reaper when he gets up close you need a CC. Brig has a knockback and a stun. Brig also still has a monster burst heal that can potentially save someone that’s in a point blank with him if it arrives in time.

Biotic Grenade can counter that.

The PTR patchnotes just feel like the laziest attempts at balancing I’ve seen in awhile.

Yes, there’s clear issues we have, but the changes are not the changes we need. I just want more creativity and time put into the thought-process behind the choices being made for this one.

It’s just funny that the people thinking this isn’t going to really hurt tanks and Brigitte’s role as a Support, are typically DPS players that hardly put time into what tanking feels like, or how annoying it is to be Zenyatta dealing with Tracer and McCree ganging up on you.

Very true. But do you not see all the “NERF ANA” forum posts that pop up several times a week? That will just further justify those posts if she’s the only counter to that oppressive setup.

1 Like

You sound like they removed their armor health completely, they just reduced their effectiveness against specific heroes. armor was strong with heal stack that why goat exist now.
Also armor nerf will only benefit heroes with spread wean, tank busters will finally shine. Defense matrix still good.

If you don’t think this is a game-wide nerf to all the heroes that have armor, and a nerf to tanks because of the Reaper buff, then I don’t know what to tell you.

The issue is, people already are not fond of playing tanks. Do you really think that will fix that problem? People want tanks all the time, but they’re consistently the lease fun role to play sometimes, for many reasons. This just cements players’ growing irritations towards wanting to play tank.

1 Like

The tanking playerbase will diminish and be less compelled to want to tank. It now gives them even more justification for learning other roles better, such as DPS

You say this like it’s a bad thing. Tanks are already the most unwanted role in OW. They are not as fun as DPS. And it’s pretty clear Blizzard has no plans to change that. There are 16 DPS characters and 7 tanks, and yet Blizzard has added more DPS than anything. The last new character was a DPS.

It’s time to just put the class out of its misery and admit their class-based design is a failure.

I’m still going to play tanks honestly, even if these changes go live. Not the biggest deal to me, I guess.

Ok. Then no one is allowed to be angry when they’re in a comp match and no one wants to play tank.

I need to practice DPS anyways.

1 Like

Whoa slow down there, the whole point of competitive is to have 5 teammates to cover up your own inadequacies