These patch notes

I want inital thoughts.

Personally I think these are some good changes, especially to some characters that needed it like torb and soldier, especially Doom, Hammond, and Orisa. Needed nerfs to mcfanthehammer too

Probably one of my favorite patch notes of all time

Edit: this new addition to the patch note so only made it better

81 Likes

Wheres the patch notes?

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-february-26-2019/308283/2

A load of changes

18 Likes

looks good, but…I cant give anything indepth, as I dont have the game installed, but it looks what people have been asking for

1 Like

Overall I like the changes.

1 Like

New guy seems like he’s a natural fit for GOATS. Placing that field and letting tanks tank while D.Va, Rein, and non-Brig supports deal double damage?

Kinda my biggest fear with him realized. We’re gonna be stuck with GOATS for a LONG while.

Rest of the changes help mostly with DPS existing, but I don’t think it matters thanks to the current meta.

13 Likes

good patch overall. wanting to see how the orisa buff especially plays out.

5 Likes

Darn…
Now I have to call him McCree again.

But yes, these changes are pretty good.
I’m just not sure if they will affect the meta much though.

Still, nice changes.

6 Likes

Doesn’t the ultimate say double damage for projectiles? This isn’t strong for GOATS, most of the damage is from zarya.

You may see some projectile hero stacking, bastion/soldier duo.

3 Likes

I still don’t get why some heroes in the trash can haven’t been touched. Hog and Sym deserve some love too.

12 Likes

D.Va with missiles and her LMB melting anything near her while Rein gains one shot capabilities with Fire Strike.

Lucio goes from 80 DPS to 160, Moira’s orbs can both heal AND damage for double the amount, and that’s not counting New Guy’s own DPS.

Zarya’s RMB will also deal double damage, which is absolutely insane. Hell, at high energy, she may be able to melt entire teams on her own.

Think you’re vastly undervaluing the usual GOATS comp getting double damage for their projectiles. The threat of Fire Strike piercing through multiple 200 HPs alone is probably enough to dissuade many DPS picks.

4 Likes

Well, it’s massive. Should’ve just release half of it month ago.

Fat torb will wreck people now, just wait. No Shadowstep changes for Reaper. Nerf to FTH for McCree, but weird buff for ultimte, he’ll die sooner than those 2,5s. Buff for Hanzo, lol.

2 Likes

Good changes, I agree with all of them, but I don’t know if they are going to deal with goats. Heal stacking is going to get worse with the new guy.

I suppose these are for the ignore OWL crowd.

1 Like

but…they cant move from the field, and its destoryable so lob a dynamite or dive it and they are gone

I imagine a tank (Probably Rein) will be defending it.

I’m really wanting to try the PTR to see how easy it is to destroy, but with GOATS you got a lotta meatshields guarding the thing.

Thoughts:

Ana nerf - sure, ok. I mostly want the heal boost for DPS to make it’s not immediately wasted. 250 hp is plenty for that.

Damage boost change - it should always have worked that way.

Armor - this is better as it prevents tickrate from being anything but an internal calculation. It better not improve Zarya though.

Knockback - awesome, I can now boop flying Dva. This will make dealing with her a lot easier.

Doomfist buff - he needed something. I guess we’ll see?

Hanzo buff - why would you ever buff Hanzo???

McCree - the ult didn’t really need that but it’s fine. FtH was fine the way it was, it wasn’t enough to keep McCree from being terrible.

Mei - awesome. It’ll make her more of an actual DPS.

Moira - More healing? Why??? It isn’t what she needs at all. It’s like the Reaper buff, but for Moira.

Orisa and Pharah - nice but will probably not fix them.

S76 - Might fix him, but I doubt it.

Sombra - will make her less tedious to play.

Torbjorb - might really help him. Time will see.

Widow - more powerful ult but you lose it on death. I like it.

WB - huge QOL feature and significant buff… might make him OP to be honest.

4 Likes

I hate it.

Agreed. The patch looks good overall. There are couple of things I want to see how they play out, but overall I liked the notes.

6 Likes

yeah but…what if the other team has one? you got no one to go destroy it

I still wonder if the Devs have any idea about balance. There is still 0 reason to pick Orissa over Rein for almost all maps. This change does nothing major to help. One of the biggest issue is she takes too long to get back into the fight. Rein’s charge is a massive help for shaving a good 5-10 seconds getting back to your team.

His hammer is also more consistent at dealing damage. His barrier is much more helpful to the team. They should have just removed any movement slowdown while shooting.

2 Likes