These leaver penalties are ridiculous. Just go play ranked

Ok but don’t play open queue, play role queue since that’s what everyone’s talking about.

Plus, it would hurt your cause since the leavers in open queue are mostly just people who haven’t realized they’re in a game and end up getting kicked from inactivity.

That’s what i said here

I’ll do rolequeue.

If people want harsher leaver penalties they better be prepared for an increase in reports.

If someone wants a team experience and no one is grouping, counter picking, listening to plans, stacking ults, swapping when countered, not feeding/inting, or playing the comp they want then they will probably be reporting.

It’s a two way street now. The people who leave because people are not playing as a team are now going to be locked in this match and they will just report more quickly.

3 Likes

I’m not playing ranked because I am playing the original game mode

You’re literally arguing against yourself: People were allowed to leave back then, so they made ranked for people who want to be serious. People like you.

I try to win because that’s the objective of the game, but in the grand scheme of things if I don’t win that’s totally fine, maybe I’ll try a new hero next time or try a different strategy.

If other people have to accept you ruining the game by trying a new hero or strategy, then you can accept them runing the game by leaving.

I don’t have to worry about my rank decreasing if we don’t win.

You being scared of your rank decreasing is no reason to punish people for leaving a few games here and there.

If your rank descreases, then you deserve it.

But you see, if they are stopping themselves from playing and ruining the gaming experience for their teammates, well that’s on them.

They are not stopping themselves from playing, that’s the whole point…

And the experience doesn’t get ruined (most of the time), because there’s also backfill. And if they didn’t have that idiotic 5 second wait time, our backfill would arrive in seconds.

the main difference between ranked and quickplay is one gives you a ranking at the end of a game and the other does not.

The main difference is that one is casual and the other is serious. As per blizzards own words.

Blizzard themselves said they want people with kids to be able to play. Blizzard themselves said they want people with unstable connection to be able to play.

If that wasn’t the case, then why would they have softer punishment for QP compared to ranked?

The truth is, YOU want QP to be the same as ranked. YOU want to play ranked without having to get anxiety about your rank. But that’s NOT what it was intended for.

4 Likes

This was never my experience. I have been playing since May 2016 and I never saw as many leavers as I did after the first few seasons of OW2. It got to be ridiculous.

I’m not in bronze, but to be clear I’m talking about QuickPlay not comp. There actually might be fewer comp leavers in OW2 than OW1 if that’s what you were referring to.

1 Like

Oh if you want to go that route where “people were allowed to do a certain thing back in the day” so it must have been fine/good enough, there’d be plenty more problems in the world today. Things change, usually for the better, much like leaver penalties.

How am I ruining the game for them? If I’m playing a certain hero that isn’t working out or benefiting my team, why would I not change heroes? If I kept getting killed in the same spot that I normally go where I have never had a problem before, why would I not change my strategy? Those are both very relevant aspects of the game. To try something new to overcome obstacles.

If someone is being dumb in game, or perhaps they are brand new, why leave? If the other team is way better than our team, they’re just synergizing better than we are or whatever, and the likelihood of us winning is next to zero I’ll stick around and practice my aim or something which is still beneficial.

A few games here and there.

The penalty is not for people who leave a game ‘here and there’, the penalty is for people who are repeat leavers. Those who have a total meltdown and rage quit over and over because they think in their own little world that they’re a pro. Those who aren’t focused on the game and get up to grab a drink and then talk to their friend in the kitchen before coming back 5 minutes later, then queue up again and then go make a snack while the queue has popped and their teammates are already set up trying to defend the point.

Then who exactly is stopping them from playing? Why are they getting penalized if it isn’t their fault?

Ok, so since I’m not a pro player, I can go in comp and just mess around? Comp in game isn’t that serious compared to a professional tournament. Should pro players treat regular comp as just a fun playground on their alt accounts?

Developer Comments: Previously, if players left too many games, we would apply a 75% penalty to their Battle Pass XP that is gained. We found this had very little impact on those who leave deliberately and severely impacted those who don’t have much time to play but want to earn the rewards in our season Battle Pass. We’re changing this to make it more difficult for players who leave games to be disruptive while not applying too much impact to those who don’t intend on ruining the experience for others.

So there’s that. Where is your source that states that Blizzard

And those people can play! They can play any mode they want! If I want to play comp and emote without doing anything else to help my team out I can do that too!

But, there are consequences. And I know this, so I don’t do any of that or else I will have to endure those consequences I have brought upon myself.

No, I want to play Quickplay with my friends and enjoy myself and my time with them.

When a game starts what exactly is there to do? Are there objectives? What are you supposed to be doing? Why are there people on my team? Am I talking about QP, Comp, or both?

A crime is still a crime. Theft is a crime, so is murder, but they have varying degrees of punishment. No one said anything about QP and Comp are equal in every regard.

What region is this?

No it’s not, Roku. Or whoever you call yourself these days.

just create your own fun if you have no more dodges left. Works for me and keeps my spirit up. Who cares about the 7% wr on the designated hero

1 Like

Actually, if you wanted to play the original mode you should play No Limits… which is in Arcade btw. :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s over tuned. I played a quick play and then had to leave to answer a phone call, then I started playing another quick play with my friend and then we left because we wanted to play with another friend, but that meant we couldn’t play the game for 25 minutes :S

Haha, what? Games had a 100% rate of leavers. It was terrible.

For those of you who are unhappy about the leaver penalties, why arent you playing arcade?? Are you scared?

I indeed play this game to have fun. Yes, me. I want to have fun, imagine that. Me :exploding_head:

If I wanted to be selfless I wouldn’t play video games.

1 Like

The reality is that games are so short, that there is never a good reason to leave a match unless you have an IRL emergency and in those cases, you are given a leave match buffer.

Before the leaver penalties, it really was a revolving door, and you’d get all kinds of backfills into defeats. The backfill into defeat is very rare now, and you at most have one leaver a match and most matches have no leavers.

Well, the original mode also had 6 players on each team. There were definitely differences between OG QP and the QP we have today. Original-original will never be a thing unfortunately. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Just so you know, to quote other comments, just highlight what you want to quote and you should see a “Quote” button popup. You might be on a phone, which makes that more difficult tho…

Just mentioning it, bc I think you mentioned in another post that you weren’t sure how to properly quote people.

On this topic, I tend to disagree with you overall, BUT, if you are trying to squeeze in game when you can for your own sanity but get interrupted bc you have kids with disabilities, or bad connections, and that causes you to genuinely have to leave matches often, I do feel for you, that truly does suck.

1 Like

This is very long and none of the stuff I read made any sense at all.

I mean literally, not trying to be glib. Your responses aren’t related to what I’m saying, so it’s very hard to figure out what you are trying to say.

I don’t know if you’re very agitated or tired or something, but look at your responses again and you’ll see. Or ask one of your friends to read it. They’ll tell you, you’re not really making sense.

1 Like

I’m fine with the ranked leaver policies it’s the qp ones that are ridiculous

ok responses like this are telling me that you guys don’t actually have any counter arguments.

For those of you who are unhappy about the leaver penalties, why arent you playing arcade?? Are you scared?

Instead of responding to why you’re not playing ranked (which confirms you have no good reason), you’re making bizarre statements like this.

Arcade is not the same game. It’s like asking me to play chess instead of OW :laughing:

There, I responded. Now can a single person in this thread actually explain why you’re so scared of ranked, instead of dodging the question??

I indeed play this game to have fun. Yes, me. I want to have fun, imagine that. Me :exploding_head:

Leavers don’t affect your ability to have fun. And if you’re so upset about it, then play ranked :exploding_head:

I’m just shocked by how many of you have such terrible counter arguments. I expected more honestly. I feel like I’m arguing with a bunch of kids.

1 Like

ahhh one of those.

I’ll shorten it then.

Lots of things were different back then, things change, deal with it.

You think I am ruining it for people when I try a new hero or strategy in a losing game. At least I think that’s what you are saying in that response.

Nope. People leave because they get all hissy because things aren’t going their way. They do it repeatedly, they get punished for it.

Again, who is stopping them from playing?

who defines what games are “serious” and which ones are not?

There is my proof direct from Blizzard, where is your proof/source?

You want QP to be some jump in and out game without any consequences for leaving mid match whenever you please while someone else who waits to join a game get put into your mess.

this one is short enough you may be able to wrap your head around.

The gist of it, finish the games you’ve started or deal with the punishment. It’s super simple hopefully (:crossed_fingers:) you can understand that.