These are some of Bastion's main issues

These are his main problems at the moment:

• His healing activates too slow.
    Usually he dies before he can use it when he needs it most.

• His healing can’t be used while reconfiguring.
    This leads to being stuck in sentry unable to shoot and just healing, waiting for your resource to run out and you die. If you go to recon in this situation you lose your healing and you die.

• It just feels like recon just isn’t enough.
    It needs something but I don’t know what. Maybe increased firerate or ammo? It needs something other than just a tiny bit of accuracy over Soldier’s gun considering he’s so much bigger without the rockets for burst and the inability to fire while healing. I find myself more often than not doing worse vs Phara even with the more accurate gun due to the slower firerate. It feels like even though Soldier’s gun is supposed to be worse in that sort of situation it’s still better.

• Tankmode takes too long to activate and is too squishy after the ironclad nerf
    He needs 35% ironclad. It was the closest equivalent to the survivability old tank had before it all got nerfed. He dies too easily in this mode now. A lot of the time it’s a good idea to not use his ultimate.

• Ironclad needs to be 25% or something. The nerf to 20% was a giant overnerf.

I think bastion would benefit from a damage increase more than a defense increase. It doesn’t even have to be a straight up damage increase. He could get a spread reduction or headshots given back or making the turret spread more consistent.

I would really enjoy a spread decrease, especially to what it was before. Still no headshots, but just the ability to hit small targets. It’s supposed to be a siege mode, not a tank killer mode. It’s supposed to be an everything killer mode but makes him very vulnerable.

Well, I don’t think they want you killing smaller targets with sentry mode. Contrary to what you were saying, I actually think the sentry mode is supposed to be good against tanks and barriers as well. We both know that that’s not the case most of the time though.
The problem is, how do you make sentry mode good vs tanks but not smaller targets?

It’s supposed to be good at killing all things, not only tanks and barriers. I don’t know why they nerfed it into the horrible niche that it is now but it’s definitely not what it’s supposed to be.

Prenerf sentry was supposed to be a fighting mode, not a “click on barriers then go back to recon” mode.