There's only 2 reasons you're stuck in your rank

OP are you the guy that did that ‘what i lerned video’? because if not you are plagarising his content without crediting the source.

This hasn’t always been true from my experience. Those games back in mid gold had me wanting to pull my hair out and were some of the hardest games I ever played.

Perhaps you didn’t adjust your play style to fit the rank. I always have fun in Gold.

2 Likes

Yea took me some time to realize I had to basically 1v6 my way out lol

1 Like

Guys so… The real reason why you cant climb is your main. I was maining most tanks and recently switched to Zen. I have 76% winrate on Zen and climbed 250+ SR in 3 days

1 Like

Nice.

I’m wondering if I’d have done better if I swapped off Lucio to Zen in my last comp game. Maybe then 1 of the 3 dps in our team could have actually killed the enemy Pharah (not even pocketed) that owned them all. Heck, Zen’s shooting a lot better than Lucio’s. I might have had a shot at it.

1 Like

Your claim doesn’t any sense because you would have smurfs on your team as well.

I think you should accept that you are not as good as you think you are

1 Like

If stuff isn’t dying and you’re playing support, one of the ways to make stuff die is by playing zen haha.

2 Likes

Yup. For sure. I was hesitant to swap off as I was out healing our Ana/Mercy. But, of course if our team was killing stuff we wouldn’t have needed so much healing.

And getting my team to the point first was kinda moot as nothing happened from our side when we got there.

The enemy Pharah player was pretty good. 2.9k that had slipped down to 2.4k and blasting her way back up. One of our dps was a Reaper/Tracer 2 trick, another was Hanzo and another was Soldier or some such. Don’t think they killed her once.

My GM friend has managed 90+ elims in gold on his smurf and lost. No way I was carrying that game as a support at close to his skill limit.

Just part of that 30% unwinnable games Jayne talked about. I had 5 or 6 unloseable games on the way up, so c’est la vie…

Just need to put in more time and see if I can scrape that last 100 Sr. Adding Zen to my comp pool would help for sure.

1 Like

There’s literally no way you couldn’t climb up if you deserved to be the higher SR on both accounts. I watched my friend climb from low gold to low diamond (where his main is) on his second account with a 76% winrate as Ana.

3 Likes

I love that the response to saying you should accept that your rank is your own doing is just to immediately shift the blame to everyone else.

I’m also going to assume that any response to my comment here will be, “What’s your rank tho? lol garbage” or some such variation.

Edit: And to actually add something here - If you yourself are not a thrower or leaver then you AUTOMATICALLY have an advantage in climbing the ranks because that takes out the possible of 1/6th of your team being a thrower or leaver and the teams you’re up against have the possibility of having at least one more thrower/leave than your side does.

1 Like

What’s your rank tho? Lol garbage (a stupid post deserves a stupid reply)

The closer to the middle of the curve you are, the less difference there is between ranks. Tbh there’s not much difference between 1900 and 2500. If you’re constantly 50/50 in that range, then you’re just not an impact player. You have the skills to exist at those ranks, but not to tip the odds in your favor.

Part of getting better is realizing what you can do to make an impact. And I’m speaking from experience. I started 1600 season 5 and peaked this season at 3836. For a long time I was stuck in the silver-Plat range until I really focused on figuring out the plays I needed to make to win games. You can escape silver.

1 Like

He’s at your rank, at some level hes the same as you.

Between 1900-2500 not sure how much difference there is to be honest. I will say the difference between 1700 and 2300 is quite vast.

AT 1700 you can be laughably out of position as a support and usually get away with it. Try it at 2300 and watch your life expectancy plummet.

in a game of like tekken, where its one on one, i can say that if i loss its my fualt, shouldve played better. but in overwatch where reliance on a team is weighed heavily in a match, its not always your fualt u loss. Yes sometimes u are underperforming, but sometimes your teammates can also be doing bad, or leavers, throwers, or intentional toxicity that just throw skill right out the window more often then not.you can’t possible say that if someone get stuck with 5 people who all want to play dps or support, dont rly main or play the role much, but then u just gotta work with it that its their fualt entirely that they stuck at a rank. I can say that its being stuck at an elo is part your fualt and part matchmaking fualt for being absolute crap, also bliz for enforcing no rules of competitiveness, and the players for usually being toxic to play with entirely.

also note that in apex legends, full 3man groups can an will play against soloque. “but that entirely unfair” crys soloque, “Well its competitive, it wasn’t meant to be fair in the first place”. Pre-made groups were meant to have an advantage, its just how comp is. Now step into overwatch an instead of endorsing competitive, it endorses us to embrace the salt that is soloque. Playing in 6man yields the least best results due to it being actually competitive. 6man should be queing with non full pre-made groups, they should be allowed to role those who don’t take comp seriously. stop trying to group these 4 stack with 4 stack, 2man with 2man, etc.

1 Like

It has gotten a lot worse lately, way more people just playing whatever they want to even though it provides nothing to the team composition. But, I do agree with you.

It’s not always your fault for any individual loss. But it is 100% your fault if you are unable to climb out of a rank over time.

3 Likes

then again answer me how people can play 500 SR above on another account and maintain that rank after many many games?

Vegeta always cracks me up and as i matured over the past 28 years from first reading and watching DBZ in my teens, Vegeta become one of my favourites as he matured as well.

+1 for Vegeta and initial post, Jacqui. Always good to read a post by you and peeps like Gazzor and Kawammba.

I agree with you although my agreement would not mean much being a Bronze scrub. Heh.

It really is all about the Law of Averages here for SR, as in real life and that works especially for smurfs and throwers/leavers. Hence, the comment about not playing enough is really all about working out the deviations so that it pans out.

Of course, the truth is that not everyone has either time or the (mental/emotional) energy to play out the averages. Hence, the frustration by many who feel (yes, feel, as opposed to “think”) that they should be in a higher tier because it really is all about pride and ego, to me.

It may also seem like “work” to some to have to play that many games and the truth be told, if it feels like work; then the game is no longer a game because games are supposed to be fun. Then it would be appropriate to just take a break and play some Arcade, or QP (ironically, i am getting better mileage playing Tanks than in Competitive mode at Bronze tier) or just play other games…or…better yet, spend some time with family and friends.

Think of Competitive mode and SR/MMR as a journey, lads.
It is a marathon and not a sprint. Enjoy it. Laugh at it. Rage at it.
Always remember that it is just a game.
Just have fun!

2 Likes