There should really be a way to play the vanilla version of this game

The game when it first released was much better than it is now. I’m probably going to get hate for saying this but it’s true it was. It was super far from being balanced but at least it was really fun. Watching symmtra run around locking her beam on people wiping out teams was so funny to watch and it’s ashamed it doesn’t happen anymore due to the rework that changed her primary. Roadhog hook 1.0 was so broken it was funny one match I was playing Mercy and got hooked from behind rein shield everyone that match literally paused and started typing “?” In the chat. The game is a LOT more balanced but in return it’s also a lot less fun. I really miss what overwatch use to be before it became competitive, and there should be a way to play on older patches as the game moves forward.

2 Likes

i miss old symmetra the most from anything in this game.

2 Likes

It’s like WoW has vanilla servers. Would be cool to have for OW

2 Likes

It was like that only because the game was just released and nobody knew how to play, it would have been like that with any version of the game

Can you guys wait at least until the game has 5 years or something like that for the nostalgia trip? At this rate people will ask for vanilla servers of games that have been released only for a few months.

1 Like

This. There’s no way to make everyone un-learn the game. YouTube montages are about all you’ve got at this point. Nothing lasts forever.

Just enjoy what you’ve got now - eg nobody knowing how to deal with BOB.

This thread reminds me of that Tyrodin video with Bazz. Vanilla Overwatch

Eh, anytime I think of something like this I think about the newer people and think “well they couldn’t be a part of that.” And that would be pre boring in for me.

I like the game ever changing, much like the real world, its always something new to learn from and experience and test and try out. You can’t just make a win all games with one strategy for until the end of the game world, because tomorrow its going to be different and its going to something new to learn.

I mean you kinda can play Vanilla OW, just play No limits.

That’s not exactly what I mean by vanilla overwatch. I mean before a lot of the balance changes and trash reworks that succ characters of their fun d r y.

You’re confusing it being fun because it was new with it actually being well balanced and in a good state.

I went back and watched me and my friend day one twitch streams of ow and watched the ones we currently have the game was less balanced but overall more fun.

Even if there is one, it won’t be the same as it was before. Most ppl have learned how to play and how to exploit everything.

yes please, a vanilla overwatch arcade mode!

1 Like