There seems to be something wrong with on of the latest patches

EDIT: So for anyone wondering, this issue is not relevant anymore because it has already been patched by now.
Thank you, Blizzard keep up the great work :slight_smile: .

So, today I’ve created a Reddit post,
With the TITLE: “So I’ve just played 6 matches of comp with one leaver each game, all of them came back after a bit and all had to leave for the exact same reason… is it the latest patch or just a huge coincidence?”

MAIN PART: [i]"So as the title says, I’ve just played 6 matches with 6 leavers and 5 of them came back after about 3 minutes saying they had to restart their pc after the game froze and they weren’t able to close it, the funny thing is that last game the same !@#$ happened to me.

My game suddenly froze and I couldn’t close the game, and my pc didn’t freeze since I could use the whole strg+alt+del interface and use my windows taskbar but I couldn’t close Overwatch through the task manager either since the task manager instantly got put behind the frozen overwatch window after opening it.

The point of the whole post is to find out whether this is something many other people have experienced or if it’s just a super huge coincidence."[/i]

And the people who commented on this post seemed to have experienced the same things since the latest patch came out, here some examples:

GribbyGrubb wrote: “Happened yesterday to me. First time OW has crashed for me ever. Map was Dorado, defense. Using Roadhog.”

kevn00 wrote: " I had that happen to teammates in several of my games last night"

walerk wrote: Never happened to me before (played every season), had the freeze 2 times in s10 already — once in arcade and on my 1st placements match :thinking:
EDIT: have to mention those 2 were the first freezes I’ve ever had, something’s definitely wrong with the patch.

So I could just go on pasting answers from the Reddit posts describing how the exact same thing recently happened to many people around them or themselves and one guy (u/SovereignGFC) pointed out that it may have something to do with the patch from April 23, 2018 which contained “Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the client to crash”.

Sorry for the messy, unpolished post everyone but I already wrote the Reddit post and I am now too tired to make a more tidied up, cleaner post regarding this and I still wanted to post this onto the blizzard forums since it seems to be something that really is an issue with quite a common occurrence that no one is talking about since everyone will just be like " my game crashed? sh-* happens" and won’t even get the idea that the exact same thing that has happened to them is regularly happening to others due to some issue?

3 Likes

Same here! I had already 5 freezes today. My friends have the same issue. Game is not playable like this.

2 Likes

It’s not you. All the people I played with have had multiple crashes, exactly like you described.

(Can’t easily close OW, during gameplay or between maps/rounds it freezes)

Also lost competetive match because of it and have to reboot PC because I can’t force quit OW client most of the time because OW window stays on top

2 Likes

Same here. And CS just told me to repair game files and update drivers and check again odbor helps

1 Like

happened to me too, don´t really know whats causing it, pls fix blizz.

1 Like

I crashed twice today! so now I’m on a 20 min suspension even tho I returned to the game.

BLIZZ FIX YOUR GAME

1 Like

It happened to me 3 times while play competitive. The real piss is that you get penalized for abandoning the game and lose your hard earned SR. Minus 70 points every timE the game freezes. I’ve also been on the receiving end where a player or two disappears and we lose the game 4 v 6, again loosing your SR. It’s really broken. I decided not the play comp. until it gets fixed. As of now, I am going to stop playing because I am so PIST. Blizzard needs to fix this problem immediately!!!

1 Like

This was exactly my experience as well. Six games in a row with leavers, as well as three freezes myself. All during comp games. That’s alot of SR lost. It’s a major problem that has completely ruined the game for me.

1 Like