There is No End to this Incessant Whining!

While I agree most whining greatly washes out the actual critism that would actually help Blizzard, they brought it upon themselves with everything they’ve done.

Its clear that they’ve put a lot of their time and resources into the OWL, causing regular updates to become stagnated, months before they’re released with little to no changes on the PTR despite mounds of feedback that is actually helpful. Sombra is a notorious example of this, and its painfully ironic shes in a state like this thanks to the OWL in the first place.

Now, after three years, they release yet the same event with no changes to it while other events have changed and evolved, and characters missed voicelines, meaning some heroes got nothing. 100% nothing.

For a game that costs 30$ and expect to get their profit from people buying lootboxes (or their money printer OWL), they need to stop acting lazy just because OWL made them a lot of money. That doesn’t mean they can half a$& the event. They’re going to lose a good chunk of profit because of all this nonsense.

Just my 2 cents

7 Likes

Try reading again? The post’s bulk is rebutting overdone arguments with very basic solutions/common sense. Did you even read it? My guess is no.

I didn’t read it because the entire first paragraph was you just whining about other people whining. Why should I bother reading it when you don’t even give people enough respect to make an argument without a character attack on those people?

3 Likes

Nowhere in there did I imply you were “ignorant”

I merely implied that you were misinformed.

So I got what I needed from this. Didn’t even read it, claims to understand it fully and pass judgment on it. Bye.

Funny, I never said this. Who’s not reading what now?

opinions
Just because you have them doesn’t make you right or wrong
Same with feelings

You may not agree with them but that doesn’t devalue them in any way
Different people believe different things. They find different things to be more important. Let them discuss what bothers them. You do not have to weigh in with your input

“I recommend more research”

Do you not know what ignorant means? It means not knowing. Ig comes from Greek for not and norant from if I recall ”nostis” ie to know. Or to save time the dictionary: “lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.”

Literally the definition…

For something they’ve been doing for years, and make great events. Only to receive the worst event in the history of OW. People expect these events because Blizzard has done then for the past 3 years. And then when one is absolutely terrible, then yes of course you’re allowed to complain.

Stop acting as if we got these for free, pretty sure the events totalled up in that $40 we all payed to just login to the damn game.

2 Likes

This is a DLC. Other games charge for those while others don’t. They don’t magically get more money from your initial purchase. They do these to spice the game up, enthrall new players, reward play, and make money off selling loot boxes. But by no means did you pay for this event so, yes, you are whining about a free lunch.

2 Likes

They advertise all of the events on their website. So if I was about to buy the game, and I see that, I’d expect quality events.

I struggle to see why the whining should stop. I don’t think Blizzard is doing a very good job, I don’t think they produce a fun game anymore, and I think they have lied and manipulated the community. Blizzard no longer deserves my respect, and I for one am not going to pretend everything is great. I have spent a lot of money on Overwatch; a game I no longer play. In hindsight I wish I had only bought the game and had paid nothing more than that. I spent money on cosmetic items for Overwatch with the belief that Blizzard would be invested in keeping the game fun, but they are not. Fun is no longer a primary concern for Blizzard, so I am going to enter my voice into the crowd of roaring unhappy people who think Blizzard has mismanaged our trust and respect.

4 Likes

The thing is, these events are designed to sell loot boxes. Sure, you can grind out levels and loot boxes but you’re more likely to get what you want from buying loot boxes. A lot of us are fine with buying loot boxes and supporting our favorite game if it felt like they were putting some of that money towards improving the game and keeping these events interesting and fresh. Otherwise what happens when the well runs dry? Are they going to keep selling loot boxes and profiting if people are unhappy with the product??? These events are cash grab events but they aren’t even doing that very well. If people don’t complain, then things remain the same because they take that silence as success.

5 Likes

Hey, if you spend money then fine. Choosing to not: I support that. I have not bought a lootbox (removes the grind fun reward) but of you only support when you agree with the success/want the rewards then kudos.

This is at the people who spent nothing and are whining about a free DLC not being up to their standards.

You mean UPDATE right?
free dlc? we aren’t going onto blizzard’s website to buy a package deal that we then open up Overwatch to open up right?
I’m I wrong in that?

You humans remember what an Update is right?

It’s really 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. You got content not previously there from the company that you had to download ie a downloadable content. They can call it an update which does the same thing but really splitting hairs in that case.

I’m sorry, but most games don’t charge $40 and then make you pay for DLCs as well. Apart from EA. So of course everyone expects it comes with the $40.

And um… most companies. Bethesda charged me and I paid 60 for Skyrim. Back when I played CoD they charged. Same goes for really any non-mmo I can think of tbh.

CoD doesn’t cost $40 last time I checked…

Then again last cod I played was BO2