There is No End to this Incessant Whining!

Geez! This fanbase should just be ashamed of itself. It has nothing but whining to offer if the fora are anything to go by. And so many of these complaints have such simple solutions. I get that the game is rated Teen but does that mean only 1/10-1/20 know how the world works in any capacity? I’m just going to label a few common sights and rebuttals.

Supposed Issue: Summer Games Event is a Letdown
Rebuttal: Really? How? First of all who complains about new freebies? You paid nothing so if you got anything you liked you should be happy.
Lucio Ball? Considering how intensely some take this mode did you really think it’d never return? It’s become some signature of the event.

Supposed Issue: Improvement Cannot be the Answer!
Rebuttal: But it is. This is to those who whine anyone says they should try X out to fix their issue. Instead the OP tosses his/her toys around saying “git gud!” is mean! It’s an issue cuz I said so! They then go on to ignore all the feedback more skilled players offer to help through those challenges ie Doomfist as OP(lol), Widowmaker One-Shotting(Oh No!), and so on.

Supposed Issue: Blizzard Doesn’t Take Our Feedback Seriously but Instead Pros’ Feedback!
Rebuttal: Do you blame them? The amount of useful feedback on these fora is less than 1/50. Also who do you balance your game around: folks at the top who sink thousands of hours into your game or scrubs at the bottom whining X hero is OP cuz I cannot beat it?(see point above) If anyone thinks their anecdote of Doomfist being OP should mean jack-all when the game has millions of players (do you even want to guess how many matches played?!) then I just facepalm.
Tangential Advice: If you find a hero OP try it out. You’ll see all the flaws he/she has then when you return to your mains exploit them. Boom! How to beat these OP heroes.

Supposed Issue: Mercy Rework is a Failure!
Rebuttal: Is it? She is still a beloved character of the game and very playable. The same people who argue the rework was bad complain when they tweak her. So then surely the current or prior was fine. Wait… it wasn’t? Then what [Removed by Forum Moderator for language.] do you want them to do then?!!! Also companies tend to not reverse decisions especially year old ones they sank money into testing and coding.

I could go on. There’s just so much whining. The game appeals to many groups from casuals to tryhards from FPS diehards to MMO players and so much more. It’s a delicate balance they try to craft and maintain and is it perfect? No, it’s not. Nothing is. Perfection is also bad. It’d be stagnant and dull in no time. Newness is needed to revitalize and shake up the game. They are doing just that. Just cuz YOU personally dislike something does not mean it is a problem for anyone but YOU. And, no, it doesn’t mean the player base agrees even if the mentally hegemonic fora largely agree with you; do the fora even compose 1/10000 of a percent of the total player base? Exactly. So please if you could quit whining (you won’t) it’d be great and, hey! Blizzard might even consider the feedback here usable. Wouldn’t that be great?

39 Likes

umm, whos whining tho?
anyway…theres a bunch of money on my account i would be willing to pay for REAL content…i just dont see any.
I could go on, but i won’t, not worth

15 Likes

It doesn’t seem that your very aware with what your talking about on either part.

I recommend more research.

btw, the only one whining here is you.

8 Likes

Enlighten me then. I have time. What exactly am I so ignorant on?

2 Likes

well for the mercy side i’d recommend the megathread and this post by Titanium and it hits on a lot of your points.

as for the rest of them I don’t really have specifics threads but im sure you can find many threads here on the forums about them.

most of which are discussions and not “incessant whining” like this post of you’ve made here about people having discussions.

3 Likes

I have read that megathread. But do carry on. I do believe I said she is a very popular character and played heavily so clearly they are doing something right; what exactly does that thread rebut?
And that’s just on that Mercy point.

Idk why don’t you go read it yourself. That’s why I put it there.

I myself have already read the entirety of it but its far too large for me to recount all the points you want answered.

You’ll be better off reading it yourself :man_shrugging:

I already have. And you’re the one who claimed I was ignorant. My point being that despite forum outcry over her the overall player base doesn’t seem to agree. She is picked a ton and while some hate Mercy mains look at the raw amount of fan art abd the like for her. The player base as a whole seem to like the Swedish angel quite a lot.

If you have to nerf a character 11 times after a rework and take away almost every single aspect of said rework. By definition it’s a failure. I don’t understand how you cretins can’t comprehend this.

16 Likes

Ah the classic whining and complaining about people whining and complaining. Good stuff.

13 Likes

That wasn’t the issue. The issue was that Blizad doesn’t add anything else new to the game. No new gamemode. Just plain, simple, Lucioball.

I think the latest is unnecessary and a bit extreme but they are doing it more to change how the supports are used than because her rework was a failure.

So if the rework was bad and adjusting is bad how exactly do you want characters to be changed if at all? You either do a ton at once or a little here and there or they just change nothing.

And some of it not in this OP.

It just makes me laugh. It seems like there’s a kind of race to call any event Worst Event Evarrrr for those sweet internet argument points.

1 Like

If you read this there isn’t any whining. It’s more taking common forum stances and explaining simple solutions to them. And it even is aware such a post won’t change the general whining ie is self aware.

Ok ima stop you right there. I payed $40 for this game thank you very much, and when I get handed sh*t like this, I’m going to complain. The whole community has been let down. We are allowed to express our opinions, that’s what the forums is for. If you wanna be Blizzards white knight then go somewhere else. But we’ve been let down this year.

This year has shown Blizzards lazyness. Lucio ball 3 times for the same event is not something to be happy about.

Mercy’s “tweaking” makes her less and less fun
Because you know having an AFK simulator for an ultiamte that can’t even outheal a freaking winston is “Fun” and successful rework and is definitely able to make plays like we were promised in that Developer update.

2 Likes

Ok.

Remove all “freebies” from the game.

See how long this game lasts.

Part of this is a business transaction. If the customers like what the vendor is selling, they’ll keep giving the vendor money for the goods/services. If they don’t like it, they won’t.

Do you tell F2P game’s playerbase to zip it when they complain about disliking certain content? Or that content is slow? And those are F2P players, who literally play for free. Overwatch has an entry fee of $40/60.

5 Likes

You went off on a long winded rant about how whiny everyone is. I’d call that whining.

1 Like

In case you want a less boring forums and you hadn’t heard of this before OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/

1 Like

And this DLC cost you how much? I got it for free weirdly enough. They gave free, add on content and folks are complaining that it isn’t to their fancy. But they didn’t even pay for it… it’s legit a freebie.