Theories regarding future issues of the Tracer comic

I’m guessing that Mondatta’s assassination will have been something ordered by Kace, the distrustful Omnic leader. He probably contracted Talon to perform the killing to avoid getting his hands dirty, and to justify a new Omnic uprising in King’s Row.

Plausible? I think so. What do you think?

4 Likes

I personally don’t think this is the case. The assassination of Mondatta is something that fits squarely into Doomfist’s goals. Unless Kace is on the Talon council of leaders, I do not think this is likely.

Also I think it is just unfortunate word choice but

The “Uprising” happened 7 years before Mondatta was assassinated. In the present, London seems to be relatively peaceful. We have most recently seen it in Reflections which is after the Recall (and by extention, well after the events of London Calling.)

1 Like

There could always be a second uprising, or at least Kace tries to start a second one and gets stopped by Tracer before he can get underway. And even if DF was the one who ordered the assassination, maybe he got help from Kace.

I predict Kace is the Omnic at the end of Storm Rising since he had a color scheme similar to Null Sector bots and Doomfist talked about how his goal was to fight for Omnic rights. As for OP, it seems plausible given how the first uprising group kidnapped Mondatta, so a second one would want to remove him completely.

2 Likes

This is an extremely popular theory I’ve seen popping up a lot. It is also one I am not a fan of. Null Sector is more or less responsible for the state of Underworld as it is in the present. They invaded just as Turing Green was being groundbroken, going after omnics and humans alike, and are responsible for the project’s failure. For a faction based out of Underworld, I would think that they hate Null Sector just as much as they distrust humans, rather than embrace Null Sector’s ideals.

2 Likes

Curse you and your logic! I’ll hold out hope anyways based solely on the fact that he looks like the kind of guy to be named Kace.

2 Likes

i dunno, but its already out of character from her allowing that omnic to steal a record, and shooting the group when she couldve ran. They need to talk with the new micheal chu person.

Iggy wasn’t stealing a record. Tracer just bought a record, and was walking out of a record shop when she noticed the omnic (who stole a modulator for the grid.) And in the context, letting Iggy go felt in character. Tracer heard her out, and decided to help her. After all, Tracer is no stranger to breaking the law in order to help save people. That is more or less the plot of Overwatch 2.

She tried running. It didn’t work. So she Recalled, and disarmed them all. She didn’t actually shoot at anyone, she only shot at their guns to disarm them all. Then she went on her way.

4 Likes

Well, she shot at their guns, but due to her shoddy marksmanship, she did end up blowing off a few limbs. But hey, they can fix that.

i hope for this and that hes an overwatch 2 hero he looked really cool

1 Like

I’ve written 100s of comments about my dream for an Omnic villain that is at the heart of things like the Gwishin, the Omnic uprisings and the reawakening of the Omnium factories. I can’t even bother to find it but the gist was that it could be an Omnic that truly seen the worst of mankind, rallying their people and working behind the scenes to fight for the Omnics.

I was excited when I saw that character revealed (and I hope they aren’t just another pawn of Doomfist’s) – it is sad that we haven’t gotten much else on them since then.

Anyway, people were guessing it was Null Sector related but I don’t think that character was Null sector. I want Null sector to remain as they are - like gangster/extremist/terrorist level. Overwatch has so many separated stories and fights (Russia, Korea, civil rights issues in England and France), it would be great to have a character that has their sights on a larger picture and a real plan that goes beyond fighting in the streets.

Alternatively, if this character is Kace and is also a leader of Null Sector (his color scheme matches a bit), then I hope they at least give their organization more depth. Omnium factories…Gwishin…giant omnics in Russia…having a really old Omnic that’s been slowly chipping away at humanity through all these wars sounds like something I’d like to see. Talon already has the Team Rocket vibes down, give us some real endgame bosses.

1 Like

if the rumors are true that this comic series is leading the way to some announcement at Blizzconline (note: hitting every month the last issue will be in January, One month before the digital event) I expect a story that defines Tracer’s actions up to the short film “zero hour”.

i would like to have some notes on how she actually meets Winston again, how they plan to defend the doomfist gauntlet at the museum (first trailer for the game), how they react to the notoriety of the numban attack and how they meet up with me before leaving for Paris.

and of course, this could also be an opportunity to see possible other new heroes in the game.

2 Likes