The worse cinematic of OW

It is probably not that easy to answer this question for some: what was the worst short film overall? (history, emotions, information, coherence, art, etc.)

I love all of the shorts for various reasons, but the two I think are the weakest are Hero and Shooting Star.

Hero, because it’s not Soldier’s short. It’s Alejandra’s. The short is told from her perspective and sure that gives us some worldbuilding and shows us how some people view Overwatch now that it’s gone, but I would have liked it to focus more on Soldier.

Shooting Star, because it feels rushed and doesn’t explore D.Va’s character very well. Instead of telling us that she has a public persona, show us - have her ham it up for the cameras then walk back stage and drop the act. Also, she asks Daehyun for help and then immediately solves her own problem. It would have been better if Daehyun was the one to suggest blowing up the core - it seemed like he was only there so D.Va wasn’t talking to herself.

12 Likes

Agreed.

Hopefully in OW2, when D.Va joins OW we will see more of her REAL character.

4 Likes

Mine has always been recall.
We never leave a room that isn’t too big and Winston does what he does when you boot the game.
It’ll make some weebs mad but Dragons is also on the bad list for me.
They are both incredibly animated and very pretty to look at but they are weak compared to the rest

How is Dragons bad? It literally parallels a mythical story with (another mythical story) real feud between two brothers, two differing perspectives, and the sight of regret and desire for reprieve.

2 Likes