The type of mini map that Overwatch needs imho

I would like to have a mini map in the game.

It would be a small translucent circle, a little bit bigger than the Ultimate meter.

It would have 6 dots on it. One dot in the middle (that’s you,) and five dots that represent you teammates. And that’s it. No terrain (maybe out-of-bounds marks/ledges.) And it wouldn’t show enemies either, even if they’re shooting at you like in Halo.

If your teammates are too far away from you to be shown on the mini map, their dot would be place along the circumference in the direction that they are.

The mini map would represent a 40 meter radius around you. Or maybe you could even zoom in and out to make 15 meter or 60 meter idk.

You could also change those dots to the icons for Tank/Damage/Support. So you know how your team is positioned per role. You could also make your ally’s dot/icon turn red if they are low on health, or green when they get Ulted by a friendly Lucio.

1 Like

Im sorry but, im against this idea. Situational awareness is part of the gameplay, and certain heros have an advantage or disadvantage at this, which contributes to the overall balance.

A Rein f.ex has only sound ques of whats going on behind him unless he is stupid enough to turn around. A phara on the other hand has the whole field under her, except the flanks maybe, while a widow has her team and the potential targets in sights.

It would take away too much from the game, IMO.

2 Likes

I believe ladder play increases the need for a mini map dramatically. If blizzard won’t afford us every opportunity to play with 5 friends, then they owe us features that minimize the handicaps created by playing with strangers.

I won’t be asking for a mini map if we got a more robust LFG interface. QoL for the LFG

Maybe the mini map could also mark out health packs :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe the mini map could auto-deploy Rein’s shield, toggle Mercy’s beam for me, and instalock Bastion for me too?

I mean, I’m a really smart dude, so it’s really not a big deal eeth.