The toxicity of overwatch. Why Samito hasn’t been banned yet

As is always the case with Samito, everyone ELSE is the problem. He’s playing perfectly on the perfect hero, but every other person is playing a broken hero badly

Because he’s a rather big creator? Maybe because I havnt played for 4 years? Maybe because watching him for a total of 15 min a month somehow already made me see how much the guy throws? If ur a fan of his, just say that.

His team needs to report him, it works, xqc got banned for exactly this.

Its kind of cyclic in nature. Chicken/egg problem, but some where along the line its a combination of

• streamer sees this type of content “works”, so they continue
  • audience sees streamer grow, and act like this, so they adopt it themselves so they view this behaviour as acceptable, while continuing to watch said streamer

Editing post to account for word diarrhea

2 Likes

I don’t watch streamers, because I’m an adult.

But, you said every time you watch him, it leaves you feeling irritated and unhappy. Most people just would stop watching. But, not you, huh? Okay.

2 Likes

Eh, maybe. I’d argue though if it works, ir works. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t. I don’t know necessarily that children are changing their behavior because of streamers. But, maybe.

I just remember when I was a kid, I thought really stupid stuff was funny too.

See I think I remember this happening and that’s why I’m so confused as to why it’s not happening to Samito. He’s literally just a Blizzard (was about to say brand friendly) budget Dellor. Maybe because he isn’t so over the top? Or maybe because he doesn’t have a speech impediment lol

Definition of a typical overwatch player in a nutshell.

They may not be changing their behaviour, but it could also be seen as “this type of behaviour is acceptable so I have no reason to stop myself”

I guess me saying adopting the behaviour is disingenuous, but word diarrhea hit me hard in that post

3 Likes

No one has to give him any attention if he gets banned.

2 Likes

It’s def one reason why XQC isn’t good for any community he takes part in.

1 Like

Streamers have always had special privileges. Above and beyond early access to content, inside info about patch notes or map changes etc they also get protection.

Not only do they not get banned for many offenses, but if they do get banned they can usually complain and get it reversed within 24 hours. Normal people, even if your innocent can’t get a mod to over turn a ban for anything. Even asking about it usually just gets shut down with them “Upholding the ban” and if you ask again your tickets are shut down.

1 Like

That’s the thing. He won’t get banned.

The best you can do is report him in-game when he gets toxic and hope for the best.

It’s still ridiculous to me that the florida mayhem OWL team cut ties with him as a promoted streamer over his behavior yet the devs still treat him like the other content creators.

XQC did at least a few times.

It’s stupid to me that there’s footage of him being toxic and they’re like “not good enough evidence”.

If anything streamers should be held to a much much higher standard for behavior, not less. Their influence is felt in a community so it should be a positive one.

2 Likes

Ur an adult who spends his days replying on Ow forms, adding nothing to the discussion besides trying to play the other side because u actually have nothing better to do.

“Oh homeless makes you sad? Then don’t mind the homeless people bozo.” I love how infants posing as adults online don’t think it’s obvious. You don’t even understand the hypocrisy of someone saying “just don’t watch him if u don’t like him” while ur here replying to comments on my thread lol.

Not to mention the “liking my own posts so people notice meee.” Very adult thing to do smh

1 Like

There are plenty of grown adults who watch streams, stop being so pretentious. You’re literally on video game forum Mr. Adult.

4 Likes

It is more popular with younger kids. I mostly only watch friends or live tournaments.

1 Like

The difference is that I’m enjoying being here. You literally said that you don’t like watching him, but continue to watch him. I just don’t understand that. And I have yet to see you explain it to me.

Is that you projecting? lol. What are you talking about

Nothing for the pretending to be an adult ic lol. Once again you don’t even know ur own hypocrisy so u start spewing about how U like being here when there’s zero correlation between these anonymities. Also u do u realize this is a forum right? And I can see who has liked what? Especially if I made the forum, right? And I can see that the concept of doing something that doesn’t make you happy is foreign to you so once again, you’re 100% not an adult. Alrighty I’m done cookin u. Ur talking to a brick wall now. Feel free to respond to a brick wall.

Not entirely true tho…

Stevo got banned once for gameplay sabotage with false reports (he asked his viewers to join a custom lobby and report him) and ban was not reversed when he appealed. Basically because he rigged the system, so Blizzard upheld the ban.

I guess blizzard believe in the saying “no such thing as bad publicity”…

So if he gets views, they are ok with that.

But did xqc get banned because of toxicity of false reports? Because he was known for reporting people that didn’t do exactly as he told them and otps…

I guess false reports can be interpret as toxicity…