The tanks Q time in Overwatch 2 Beta

Lol, look at this at 0:06

Ppl too scared to get mtd’d :sunglasses:

1 Like

A friend just streamed the beta to me and the queue times for DPS and Tank were 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Yes, its still at 10 minutes and with priority pass its still much slower to find a game than queueing as support.
If you queue support its insta pop (< 2 minutes)

Makes sense. The Support changes are largely not in place and we were told it would get more work for the next phase. Given that why would people queue Support when the other roles are more ready?

As a support main, I see this as an absolute win :trophy:

2 Likes

Give me back my Tank queue times!!

2 Likes

Why queue for a role with almost zero changes instead of the other 2 roles where there are changes to try out? Playing support in OW2 is not much different from OW1 except you probably die a lot more to flankers. Once they make some changes to supports (hopefully soon) then perhaps more people will want to try them out.

Saying that though, once all the dust settles, it is quite likely supports are going to be the bottleneck in the same way tanks were (sometimes they were the bottleneck in OW1 already) so DPS shouldn’t get their hopes up for short queues in OW2.

2 Likes

Unsurprising given that the number of people playing yesterday was quite small.

I would think queue times are based somewhat on the player base. There still is a pretty low player base in the beta.

Yeah the support queues are really fast because every support besides Lucio feels really dogsh*t to play right now

1 Like

i can feel already the 5v5 wont last and it will end up being back to 6v6 before official release

I mean, is it that much of a suprise? Support feels awful to play and has no fun changes.

1 Like
  1. DPS got a new hero, bastion got a full rework. Along with other changes.

2. Tank got a whole new hero, orisa got a whole rework. + multiple other changes to other characters.

3. Support didn’t get anything.

4. It’s a closed beta, there’s not as many people in this as you think.

I think thats copium tbh. I mean I would like that too but Blizz will sunk cost their way through