The Symetra Paradox

No that version was just as unfun but for other reasons.

No. The problem is symetra. Did you not read the OP?

Someone asked at the start of a QP match yesterday - who should I play to be most toxic: bastion, sombra or symm. Says it all to me. They played bastion though.

1 Like

All 3 are good choices

*French noises*

Anyway, Symmetra is a skill-check hero. She always has been.

She kills you (relatively) slowly. Her turrets kill you even more slowly. You can one-shot her turrets with basically any hero and many heroes can kill her from outside her effective range.

But her turrets are a small target, so you have to aim under pressure. And Symmetra looks like a small target (her hitbox is actually huge, so it’s kinda deceptive) and her gun makes angry buzzing noises so it becomes a high-pressure situation really quickly and people panic.

Literally just kill her. It’s not that hard most of the time - unless you’re bad :wink:

She ruins it for 6 out of 12 players. So does Symm. Bastion is the hero that ruins it for 11/12 players since he needs babysat by his own team.

I call your bluff:

let’s implement it :^)

apparently being pretty much the same size as zarya beam = minimal aim :clown_face:
also apparently just 9dps higher than soldier’s in 12m is “insane damage” and needing to spend at least around ~2.5s in that range assuming 100% accuracy to achieve that dps despite literally being longer than most heroes’ TTK on sym is somehow “quickly” :roll_eyes:

are you sure you’re not the hive mind?

3 Likes

I agree sym is op. Way too much value for zero skill.

SadSombraNoises

Its spunky potato, a well known troll through multiple accounts. Thats their goal lol.

1 Like

Ehm have you forgotten about bastion??? I feel like both sym and bastion are on the same level to ruin games for ppl.

1 Like

Oh, well that explains a lot then… lol

1 Like

If you think that is scary you should have seen v2.0 when she was actually good.

Also bastion says hi.

Wrongfully removed from the game

Cant even imagine the mental gymnastics needed to come to that conclusion.

All true. Still doesnt make my thread any less true now either.

1 Like

Just of the top of my head she was the only character who could pierce barriers off a cooldown other than winston who has a close range tickle gun. Notice the second the switched her in comes the shield meta.

I could go on if you like?

No need, i think you’ve proven my point well enough.

1 Like

Maybe destroy the turrets

This is one of the most annoying things I find with my team, they walk through not destroying the turrets and wonder why they be dying all the time

I’m having to heal them and spend a good amount of time destroying the turrets attacking them as I have low damage lol. It happens way too often and I’m so sick of having to be the one to destroy the turrets while everyone presses stands there taking damage from them, should not be Moira’s job to destroy them lol.

Just thinking about it is stressing me out, I’ve had 3 teams like it in the past couple days.

1 Like

It doesnt happen though. They dont get destroyed especially if they’re placed with half a thought people will just ignore them. If the playerbase isnt gonna learn this many years in they never will. Better to just remove.

I don’t know why but this made me laugh out loud at work. Thanks dude…

1 Like

This is true, but that isn’t Symmetra’s fault, it’s the team. Same thing happens with Torb turret too, constantly have QP games where people ignore his turret and the tracer/genji/doom etc on my team complains about the turret… lol