The stats prove Mercy and Ana are balanced. Why do Mercy mains keep complaining?

It’s because of this stupid ‘launch a hero OP’ thing they do.

So Mercy’s rework was OP, that means no matter what they do in a nerf direction, nothing will feel as impactful as just after the rework.

Where as if she was UP, anything in a buff direction would feel better and wouldn’t have the problem (to this extent)

Pickrate doesn’t justify a hero’s balance. If i remember correctly, Brig’s pickrate is below both Ana and Mercy, but she is getting a nerf.

4 Likes

all ranks
Ana: 49.82%
Mercy: 49.52%
GM
Ana: 54.01%
Mercy: 53.82%

thanks for spreading misinformation, win rates certaintly vary from day to day, but since Mercy’s last nerf i haven’t seen her having a higher WR than Ana in any way, shape or form

All ranks
Ana: 9,495 avg
Mercy: 11,044 avg
GM
Ana: 11,627 avg
Mercy: 12,040 avg

damn, those 413 heals that Mercy can provide more must mean that she’s balanced and that they are useful, so useful that she has a lower win rate

unasked stat that, in my opinion, still needs to be mentioned:

All ranks
Ana: 4,155 dmg
Mercy: 456 dmg
GM
Ana: 4,502 dmg
Mercy: 422 dmg

Mercy heals 400 or something more, but she can’t pour out damage and dmg boost is weak

// sincerely, someone who hates mercy

34 Likes

Personally, I complain because I am tired of double standarts; When Mercy had a 14%+ pickrate in GM, most players said “this is unceptable, a hero with 14%+ pickrate in GM”; Due a broken pickrate, my main was overnerfed, she is a throw pick in higher ranks now.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut when is Ana who has a 14%+ pickrate in GM, “Everything is awesome, everything is cool”, “Ana is balanced”, and before you say “Ana’s pickrate is 14%+ only in GM”, well, according to “skill” elitists, this game should be balanced around the higher ranks, shouldn’t? Guess when Ana has a broken pickrate… Where are the “skill” elitists, defenders of “balance around GM”, when their favorite support hero has a broken pickrate in GM?, yeah, they are quieter than dead bodies, but when Mercy had the same pickrate, they were screaming laughter than a 1000 rocket launchs…

19 Likes

And if you do some digging, you’ll find out very quickly that Mercy players did not wanted OP Moth, and were warning everyone while she was still in PTR, and being dismissed as “you just want your OP rez back”, despite them saying that the new rez was much stronger than mass rez.

Lo and behold, Moth Meta was born within days of that. And since then, the forums think Mercy players want Moth Meta back. And they don’t.

23 Likes

I completely agree, I was a Mercy main that no longer plays Mercy because of the rework. The outcry saying she was OP was unreal and one of the few times both sides were on the same side.

I just understand how now nothing they do will ever feel like that state and those subconscious feelings…

If you want the actual argument about why it’s okay for Ana to have a high pick rate in GM, but it’s not okay for Mercy, here it is:

Ana has the capacity to miss shots, miss her grenade, miss her sleep dart, and has higher positioning requirements than Mercy. But if she has 100% accuracy and perfect positioning, then she out performs Mercy.

So you start at the top and see if the very best players that play the game are able to use Ana to out perform Mercy. And if the top 1% of players can’t do it, then Ana is a throw pick for everyone lower ranked than them because they certainly can’t do it either.

The way that Ana and Mercy are designed, there is a skill point where Ana should be the better pick once players are skilled enough to maximize her effectiveness. After the rework, it was literally unattainable. Right now, the level that Ana start to seem like a better pick is around diamond - which is still the very top tier of players on a percentage basis.

For the majority of players, Mercy is still a much better pick. That’s why it’s not a problem when Ana has such a high pick rate at the very very very top.

11 Likes

If your focus is on whether or not Mercy is balanced, then I’m inclined to say you’ve missed the point of a large portion of Mercy players’ complaints

5 Likes

Don’t forget that Symmetra 2.0 was winrate queen since forever, and at the same time so bad that just seeing her on the team was a guaranteed loss.

Tracer was on the top 3 heroes of two third of the top 500 list, but she was “balanced”.

D.va is the most popular hero of the game, being on every single meta since her DM rework, but she is fine, let’s give her some rockets.

7 Likes

They aren’t even complaining much at the moment though???

2 Likes

Yes, Ana should have a higher pickrate than Mercy in GM, a higher pickrate, not a broken pickrate of 14%+.

“Skill” requirement doesn’t give Ana a free-pass to have a broken pickrate of 14%+, 14%+ pickrate is broken, regardless the hero or its “skill” requirement…

7 Likes

Lost her niche of single target healing. What that’s laughable zen and ana been in the game since launch and both are single target healers outside of ability. Mercy need a aoe ability to keep up with all of the supports with aoe healing ability. All supports have a aoe healing in some form.

Her niche was single beam healing and juggling. Ana has not been in since Launch, only Mercy was the only main healer. Ana came soon after. See I don’t think she does, that elimates her juggling aspect, her ult is boring because of the AoE(weak AoE at that).

Support main here (mainly Mercy/Lucio/Zenyatta) and I don’t complain about Mercy. I like her state

1 Like

Ana main here.

Ana is balanced, yes.

Mercy is still unimpactful and underpowered.
She needs a revert to both her healing per second and her ultimate itself

13 Likes

1 Like

Monty Python is a blessing.

1 Like

I mean, I was one of the people asking for 50hps in the first place. But it feels wrong that Ana has higher pickrate than Mercy in Gold.

Plat is negotiable.

But ideally Ana shouldn’t start being #1 healer up until about Diamond.

Let’s just gloss over the fact that Ana has 14 times Mercy’s pickrate in GM.

So the first part of this post’s title is… questionable, to say the least.

As for the second part, “Why do Mercy mains keep complaining?”… A quick glance around the forums will tell you that we are complaining because Mercy is no longer fun to play; a concern that has been expressed repeatedly for well over a year now.

28 Likes

A large part of which was exacerbated by Mercy mains generally refusing to think outside of variations on 2-3 ideas, on how to achieve fun.

2 Likes