The SR in SS18 will calibrate with RQ beta SR or from latest season? or will it start all over?

The SR in SS18 will calibrate with RQ beta SR or from latest season? for example my SS17 SR ended at 3000 (mostly dps), my support SR in RQ beta is 2500. When I placement as support in SS18 will it based on SR2500 (from RQ beta) or SR3000 (my latest SS SR)? or will it start all over? (not use both RQ beta SR and past SS SR).

1 Like

Seems like it takes some data from S17 and is calibrating through RQ into S18.

How does it “seem like that” if season 18 hasn’t even started, you’re just taking a wild guess

I meant seems like for just the data in S17 and calibration in RQ as I was queued up against other high diamond, low masters players. Data gathered at the end of RQ Beta will most likely be used for S18.

I had the actual answer you were looking for. But after seeing you snap at this other guy for trying to help I think I’ll just keep it to myself.

1 Like

I’m just interested in this question myself, and there are arguments for forgetting the data of a “beta” and there are arguments for keeping role based SR data.
I’d like to see an official source on this answer, and your reply is just spam tbh.

Already lost 2 matches to RQ. Rampant enemy pharah, we had a symm and tracer that wouldn’t switch. Next match, tanks go hog and dva, wouldn’t switch to a shield tank, hog switched with 20 seconds to go.

Absolute cancer system. Horrible. Completely locks you out of options to help, and puts you entire in the hands of trolls and stubborn dps mains.

There is a couple of troll that only want this system to fail and its day 1 expect them to go full retard in game just to prove their point

The only trolls are blizzard

-buff tracer to make her the only hero that is effectively immune to the universal ult charge nerf

-“fix” some random doom bug that nobody knew or cared about, while ignoring all the bugs that make him unplayable, like hitting a 200hp hero with his entire kit and not killing them, and ignoring the only ult in the game that is literally suicide to use, unless you use it to escape, which has been nerfed because of the ult charge nerf

-cripple brig at the same time as buffing tracer. Classic blizzard

next to get buffs will be widow and genji. Watch it happen.

I believe, what Role Que beta is doing right now is finalizing your next season placements and appropriate Placements for all three roles as individuals. I’d encourage everyone to try their best on w/e role they play in this season so you don’t get hard screwed come the real season because yes everything you do this Season will have an impact on your future games :smiley:

1 Like

OK guys I have an official conclusion from OVERWATCH Developer.

" The results of your matches in the Role Queue Beta are not being thrown out and will be used by the matchmaking systems to help determine your skill in season 18.

What the blog post was trying to explain is that the Role Queue Beta season’s stats in your player profile will only be available for a limited time, and they will not be added to your career competitive totals that you can see when you choose “ALL COMPETITIVE SEASONS” in your career stats "

Ref : Role Queue Update

1 Like