The Sombra Skin: Which Side Are You On?

Regardless of what Blizzard decides - if they screw the players on this they can guarantee many will never ever show the least bit of interest going forward with these kinds of tactics… random loot boxes are one thing, locking and forever giving no option to something they said would be available later is another.

2 Likes

I can agree to an extent, however I think it’s important to be sure to keep our request civilized. I see too many posts on this demanding the skin and insulting Blizzard over this skin, which is absolutely unacceptable.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

I don’t care, personally.

It was an exclusive item for BlizzCon. If it stays that way, cool. They did say it would be available in 2019, but they shouldn’t make it available for a dinky 1,000 credits. That puts it on the same level as every base legendary skin, which it’s not. If they decide to release it, they should preserve some of its exclusivity.

I personally like watching the entitlement and impatience on the forums.

2 Likes

I think if they do drop it for everyone it needs to be behind a pay wall, others had to pay to get it so should you, kinda like the lucio emote. I think at minimum it should be $10 for the skin, seeing how much people had to pay for it through blizzcon I think a 4th of the price is fair.

so long as it doesn’t become available through credits, I think its fine.

1 Like

The best thing is to make it a 3000 coin option available during anniversary only.

1 Like

This is why I’m glad OWL skins don’t show up mandatory to pad the numbers (or make it more hell to scroll through your skins)

1 Like

I agree, I feel it will be premium, and I’m ok with that because I would love to support this game further with amazing skins like the Atlantic/Pacific skins they’ve shown so far.

Coolbreeze

I don’t think they’ll add it in now that Anniversary rolled out, though.

I imagine it’ll be available behind a cheaper paywall, definitely cheaper than the BlizzCon tickets.

I guess I just don’t care because I got the virtual ticket to BlizzCon for the panels, and the skin was just a plus lol.

1 Like

while i dont care about owning it myself, i feel like keeping your word should be one of the most important values to uphold. Just saying.

3 Likes

It would only make sense, and doesn’t require any effort on their part. I just want to know what they’re waiting for to make it available.

Coolbreeze

1 Like

Or drop it on the next Halloween event :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That actually makes sense!

Coolbreeze

I hope it never becomes available, the salt is just too tasty.

1 Like

And here’s the thing - you can say "well, herp derp, we made it available if you bought a game on an entirely different platform from the PC "- its a skin for a PC game… you should reasonably expect within the context of that game on that platform for it to become available with a statement like that. No one would expect “Oh, you mean if I buy another game on another platform…”

Bullhockey.

1 Like

There is no side to this, Blizzard said it will come out in 2019 and if it doesn’t then people will be furious, it would cause Blizzard’s trust to tank[tho it’s already low to begin with].

1 Like

I already have it; I attended BlizzCon in person. I’d always prefer to have it as exclusive as possible, because I enjoy that kind of thing.

That said, it has to appear somewhere else in some way, because of the fine print in the announcement. It doesn’t have to be available to everyone, and it certainly doesn’t have to be available for free (via the gold price of a regular skin), but there needs to be some way for someone to obtain it sometime in 2019.

That could be as exclusive as giving it to people who attend a specific Comic-Con or something, but they have to satisfy that requirement somehow. Realistically, the little footnote may have just been a poorly worded disclaimer meaning “We don’t guarantee that these items are purely exclusive to BlizzCon” and never intended to commit to anything, but it did commit to something nonetheless.

I’d have the same opinion even if I had the skin already, it only makes sense.

Coolbreeze

absolutely not, others had to pay for it, so should you. at minimum it should be in line with the allstar skins, and be 200 owl tokens.

1 Like

Fair enough, but the problem bro that Blizz created for themselves is there is no system outside of OWL tokens for direct purchase… otherwise I would agree with you. I might have a solution in mind…

There actually is; they just almost never use it. Pink Mercy was sold this way (via Blizzard Store).

1 Like