The Sombra rework won't be just number changes

I think the flaw in people’s rework speculation is that they’re simply doing number changes to things like stealth or making hack function similar to other abilities like discord. If past reworks are anything to go by then that means Sombra will get something completely new and whacky. Torb for example got his turret changes yes but he also got a brand new ult that was something no one expected. Sym got a giant nearly invincible barrier which shocked everyone at first too. Even Hanzo storm arrows caught many by surprise. Just saying that tomorrow we should be prepared to be blown away.

oh and there’s Bastion too…

5 Likes

I wish they did not lump in the reworks with OWL game. To me it should be a separate presentation. I also dislike that they have not given a specific time to show the reworks and that people would have to go through OWL game.

I hope the reworks show off their creativity and are not number tweaks. Hopefully the hero will still retain what makes them unique.

Should be interesting to see.

Considering big changes to Sombra would mean big changes to Ball and Doom.

1 Like

I think they told us that they plan to adjust Ball and Doom and possibly nerf them.

im expecting cooldown changes…charges perhaps…

but i dont think theyre getting rid of hack…shes still going to be able to do that…they might change what it does/who it affects though

1 Like

I don’t think they’ll get rid of hack, but I do expect them to change what it does, likely to something borderline-useless in exchange for more damage or mobility. You’ll get where you’re going very quickly, but you won’t actually do anything when you get there.

I think hack and stealth will stay in some form

Translocator and her passive, maybe not

I am expecting them to give Sombra the Mei Freeze treatment. I suspect ability shut down will probably be exclusive to her Ult, and her Hack will get a different effect. I think something like dynamically switching ability key binds (i.e. Charge and Firestrike swap keys for Rein) could be an interesting change. It might need to randomly swap 2-3 abilities to make sure people can’t get too accustomed to its effect.

1 Like

?

1. OWL gets around 100k viewers and even more during finals so it’s the best time to show off stuff to a wide audience of people interested in OW changes

2. We DO know when it will be shown. There is an hour set aside before the games start where they will show off the Sombra and Bastion rework. Then the pros playing OW2 gameplay gets shown halfway through the matches.

1 Like

They can reach a large audience by just making a separate presentation. If what you say were true then most of their presentation would be through OWL which is not the case.

I have no interest in OWL and yes another poster stated the reworks would be in the pre show which I am thankful for since then I can skip the OWL games.

Because they don’t always have an OWL Grand Finals every month to make announcements in lol…

ok

Nope I rather they make a separate presentation. Each person is different and I just find OWL boring and the castors irritating. Well I am happy I don’t have to see any of that at all.

Sombra mains are hoping for the best and prepared for the worst

1 Like

I’m hoping she feels powerful but not oppressive. Looking forward to seeing her and Bastion’s reworks tomorrow it’s got me pretty hyped