The right way to fix Brigitte

Then make her feel good for the majority of the playerbase, but remove the parts that make her problematic.

1 Like

armor reduce damage by maximum of 5 damage. or less if you do less than 10 damage per pallet.

I gave her +50 armor and -50 normal hp.

Right now against enemies that are weak to armor she has 150 hp + 50 armor which becomes 100 hp. or 250 hp.

With these change she would have 100hp+100 armor or 100hp+200hp if the target is weak to armor, so a total of 300.

It’s a buff where she’s good.

She’s only problematic when she can do too much.

She was annoying when she had too much survive ability because she could provide fair amount of heal and utility while also surviving for a long time.

With these changes she would still feel bad in places she shouldn’t be useful but good when it’s her time to shine.

Like you already know I’m all about countering and synergies.

So focusing more on armor means she provides less healing with more utility so against burstier heroes she’s still weak but in places she should shine she will shine.

I’m going less for generalizing of the hero and more for path that will show her uniqueness over other support while not making her as strong as she was before in places she shouldn’t be.

Her problem is specifically that she functions as an AntiDive offtank for a composition that has two barrier tanks.

Making her stronger at blocking Dive isn’t going to make DoubleBarrier have a close range vulnerability.

Who cares about what maybe 0.1% of the playerbase use her for, if it’s preventing them from fixing an issue that could lose 5-20% of the playerbase? (I.e. Queue times and Tank Desirability)

How to Break Brigitte again :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I am willing to try these changes if it gives Brig a more engaging play style. Definitely love adding back what made Brig unique, with the temporary armor.

I think the armor would need to be flat armor that converts a target’s health into armor.

what would be the purpose serves the shield bash if there is no CC?

what’s the problem with double barrier? I mean, as far as I’ve seen in these forums any meta tank that stands out is bad for the game.

or the problem and that brig becomes part of the meta?

She provides no protection.
Only cc,healing and utility something other support can’t provide.

She’s good at giving them problems but it’s not like she actually block them from doing their job. You’re still able to dive a target even with her on the team. But diving her is the problematic part. But so is shooting a Lucio with widow or hitting Zenyatta as a brawler.

Playstyles should help the hero function well… And Brigitte was designed to be tank-support hybrid.

As long that she has weaknesses I don’t see anything bad with her being able to stop dive well. Heroes like Doomfist or Pharah who provide more burst can easily go through her armor and stuff like Winston’s bubble really makes it hard for her to do a lot but damage which her damage is also very low…

She shouldn’t be able to stop dive by herself. Only stall time and put some pressure.
She provides no protection and with healing nerf she does less in the time she’s up. You can still kill targets with these changes but she will make it harder with her utility just like how Lucio makes it harder for widow to hit.

If the problem is we need more divers with burst I’m all about that, but it’s not her fault armor which has weaknesses and strengths is fairly effective on most divers…

First fix tanks and only then fix her…

Her being weak doesn’t make tanks more fun especially right now where the most played tanks are counters for her.

I’m curious, why broken? most heroes would see her the same and would actually prefer her that way considering she provides less healing with the same survive ability against burst…

Only spammy heroes like Soldier or Tracer would see the buff and right now she’s the weakest of the support or at least close to there having the lowest pick rate for a support.

I thought about the idea before but I just fear it will be problematic with armored targets… Not to mention it’s a troll material using it when Torb ults.

So I don’t mind less armor but extra armor rather than more but on her normal hp.

The biggest flaw is having a supposed backline support with a frontline weapon.

If you want her to remain in the backline then you need to tailor the character to function properly from the backline.

She’s only weak right now because of the meta.

My friend is a top 500 brig main, who is now masters because brig doesn’t fit in the meta. Last season when Brig was good, they were top 500.

Now, they are mid-masters. It’s a meta difference.

Btw, armor should never go back on repair backs. Literally ruins balance.

Pretty much any high durability meta (I.e. GOATs, DoubleBarrier) makes it so that MOBA mechanics are dominant over FPS mechanics. The devs don’t like that. As should be blatantly obvious.

However as a result of devs getting rid of those types of comps, they make it so that 95% of the playerbase has horrible tank usage variety, and the tank role is undesirable to play. Queue times keep getting worse and worse.

What’s the point of avoiding upsetting roughly 0.01-0.1% of high tier Brig/Bap players, if it means queue times kill off 5-20% of the playerbase?

The way around all that is to buff Tanks back up, in a way that doesn’t cause a high durability meta. And considering DoubleBarrier would be effectively invincible at medium/long range, it is needed for it to have a close range weakness. Brig is a roadblock preventing it from having a close range weakness.

I’m getting flashbacks to the old Brigitte. What is this massacre/ Reducing Inspire from 15-14 isn’t going to do anything.

She was designed to be a tank-support hybrid so I do like her to be a front liner as a support. Just not as strong against stuff she should be weak to.

Even in the front you can still use the protection of your tanks while also being weak to the same things.

Lucio is also kind of a front liners with his mobility but still weak as a support. It’s all about how you survive…

I agree it’s about meta but Idc about the meta because meta is only 1% of the players. I prefer balancing heroes by their design and goal rather than meta.

Brigitte was designed as a tank-support hybrid with armor as utility.
I want her to feel good doing so while not being too strong on anything else.

Right now she can’t even survive Winston which to me is a big problem…

Why exactly…? Armor is the same as extra healing but strong on utility. If you keep it low it’s like giving a character extra 25 hp every 6 seconds… Doesn’t sound like too much if you ask me.

Only for team members healing, she still has 15 healing per second.

And don’t worry about old Brig. Her hp still stays at total of 200 and her shield still stays 250. The only difference is focusing more on armor than healing.

Do you know why the reason Brigitte is being hated in the first place:

It’s because she provides a lot of value and sustain and shuts down half the hero pool while requiring NO MECHANICAL SKILL.

“How to make dive heroes unplayable”

Alright then what would you propose if the goal is to improve Brig. What form of mechanical skill will you add to Brig.

1 Like

Dude I wouldn’t mind giving her a gun. Like actually.

Just ANY form of aim. Anything. Maybe somehow make her whipshot her primary but it deals no knockback and shorter range or something you know. Some of that form.

In these changes I reduced her total healing and overall her survivabiltiy stayed the same. For most heroes she sees no difference, maybe even a nerf. Only heroes that are weak to armor see this as a buff…
I don’t see anything here that shuts down “1/2 of the roaster”.

As for no mechanical skill. 1/2 of the cast doesn’t have any mechanical skill. What’s the problem with that?

Genji,Hammond,Doomfist,Pharah,Echo & Lucio see this as a nerf. Only Sombra,Winston,D.va & Tracer see it as a buff. What’s the problem here?

they don’t like it but they kept it for a long time intentionally, at least controversial, do you have any statement from them that says this?

or are the developers some streamers who try to dictate how the game should be based solely on their own interests?

there are thousands of non-FPS things in this game, like - recoil shots, “automatic aim”, infinite ammo, team wipe combos, hacks = silence (using the name of an RPG)

so based on this statement hitscan should prevail over everyone else and is it okay about this?

if you really tried a standard FPS you know what i’m talking about, some “hanzo” characters even have bigger projectiles

I don’t think that is happening and personally I like having different unique characters. Say her flail stays, would you change repair pack into more of skill shot?

2 Likes