The Right Choice?

I think Mercy is pretty obviously overpowered. She has a kit that has a lot of high-impact items (big healing, big damage boost, rez) and has some ridiculously forgiving mobility abilities, too. She just has an overpacked kit, plain and simple.

I completely understand where you’re coming from. I could definitely do without the Rez, but she has damage boost because it isn’t as easy for her to switch between healing and damage like the other supports. She and Lucio also do not have any long-range healing abilities, which is why their mobility is higher than the other supports.

I mean, I get what they’re going for, but Mercy’s abilities don’t have to all be so powerful. The healing nerf is a good one, but honestly, GA is too forgiving, and so is her regeneration. Most of her stuff needs a small nerf.

It makes sense in a way, she was balanced not to have an E ability, now that she does everything is too good.

And that’s the issue. This rework has gone in the wrong direction so far. The two main things I enjoy about Mercy are her mobility and healing, which is greatly reflected through my stats. Having such an obnoxiously powerful ability on a cooldown is the absolute worst.

Yeah, it’s gonna be hard to fix her. Something’s going to have to give - either she’s got to get worse at basically everything (the 50 hp/s route, but more will probably be needed), lose rez entirely, or lose valk entirely so rez can be an ult again. No way everyone’s going to be happy.

From what I’ve seen, the majority of Mercy mains would much rather lose Valk or Rez. I feel like everyone else would be alright with that for the most part, right?