The reason solo queue is need is because 5 Plats can carry a silver to Gold

I have no clue what are you trying to say with your topic anyway. If you have 6 people, 5 of them 2500 and one individual at 1600 and matchmaker is certain where they belong , after 300 games, 5 of them will be at 2500 SR and one at 1600 SR, whats your point exactly?

1 Like

ok, I’ll take that at face value for the time being.

what about this? don’t you think this statement is somewhat true? Or let me ask it another way. What SR would six people have to be to loose 50% of the time versus five Plats. I would say the five Plats would win 100% of the time if they faced off against six 1300sr players. What say you?

Odds in which enviroment, in randomly generated games with random people would silvers lose against plats even with 5v6 most of the time. In scrims where people tend to work together more, silvers would have more chance to win but most likely to lose more often anyway with 5v6.

I still dont know where are you going with these questions, what are you trying to prove? Why are you creating impossible situations which doesnt happen in OW?

2 Likes

would you be interested in talking about this over voice comms, if not I’m going to I’ll answer all those questions to your previous post

Well, my english is not so good. I am not in mood for talk. If I remember correctly we had same discussion last time. Why are you creating battle net topics if ysou are not able to explain things here?

I am asking you simple question, where are you going with all this? What is the core issue you want to solve? I expect normal answer, not another hypothetical situation with ranks and stuff.

2 Likes

i answered that. To get the conversation rolling. To increase my knowledge and understanding.

if what I said was true.

This means having high ranking friends translates directly into SR. And if that’s the case, then I’d like to petition for QoL for the LFG that way we can all be on an level playing field.

Some people have large networks of video game friends across the internet, some don’t. Give us the tools to find Overwatch friends.

I will use your topic title actualy:

“The reason solo queue is need is because 5 Plats can carry a silver to Plat”

Ok, so your statement is that 5 plats can carry a silver to Plat.

If you have 6 players where one 1 is silver and 5 are plats, they will face same average MMR on other side, so if everyone is where they belong, they will not carry anything in 300 games. If they manage to to climb into 2750 and silver to 1750( not sure why he should climb 150 more to 1900 btw as you said) They all improved, or maybe only some of them. Or maybe in fact only silver player actualy improved while plats didnt improve at all. You cant never know, the fact that all 6 players will improve at the same time together is very unrealistic. Unless they play like a serious team of course, but then its the same, they will not carry silver as they all will improve. And most likely silver player will improve much more as skill gap is bigger and bigger as you go up in ranks.

I will share my personal experience with you as someone who did play on my true elo with friends and on lower ranked alts with friends.

I am able to carry my lower ranked friends only on alt accounts which are below my ELO, and sometimes even thats not the case as carrying someone who dont belong higher is much harder than climbing on your own.

If I am on my tru elo, carrying someone who dont belong in higher elo is even more harder.

You are completely wrong in this actualy. You will have much bigger chance that lower ranked friend will drag you down than you will be able to carry him higher if you are where you belong.

2 Likes

ok, I changed it to Gold to make it a bit more practical

Did you even read my post?

Changing silver to gold doesnt change a thing about what I said. In team of 6 where 5 are plats and one gold, they will not carry the gold player if everyone is where they belong.

2 Likes

ok check it out…

answer this question. What would the SR of a team have to be in order for a team of five Plats to have a 95% chance of winning.

I’m saying this would be the chance of five 2900s versus six 1300s.

don’t worry about nothing but this question don’t go on a tangent, don’t worry about what the match maker actually does currently, because skrims exist and we can actually preform this experiment.

If we got 5 2900s and 6 1300s and we made them play 1000 games against each other, what do you think the outcome would be

I would say the 5 plats would win 900 games and the 1300s would 100 games. What is your prediction of this experiment?

Ok ok… but I dont know what it will change.

you can find me in this community, ask for Zax

discord.gg/N62VTme

2 Likes

look, what’s your answer to my to my question

I dont know, you dont know, unless you test it actualy. Why more questions tho. I gave you explanation how is carrying hard from perspective of someone who actualy did it in past. Isnt that enough?

2 Likes

you must have a guess. are you in that discord right now? if so we can chat for a little bit

Yes I am there, ok my guess is they would lost big majority of games against plats yeah.

i’m joining that discord, give me a minute

Honestly I think the better solution is to just drop the SR difference a group can have.

Strictly solo queue would not only split the playerbase further (we’re already suffering eith role queue) but it wouldn’t actually solve the problem. Silver players could still be boosted by Plats, you’re just saying you don’t want it specifically in your games. Then of course, the Silver (who’s now boosted to Gold) decides to solo queue a match and end up your problem anyways.

Why on earth does it have anything to do with anything? If u have 5 plats 2900 or any sr on plat + silver they wont face a avg 1900 team.

if the team is good enough 1 “bad” player won’t do much you know…

smurf account …