The real reason I'm opposed to 2-2-2

We are now being forced off our comfort picks and being told to learn characters we deliberately avoided. It is entirely justified.

2 Likes

My friends relied on me to flex between roles. Now I can’t.

1 Like

there are a number of unanswered questions at this time about qp classic, and as such it is not known at this time if qp classic is truly equivalent to current qp

Didnt papa Jeff say its the same as QP today? (at the time of developer update)
I guess we are assuming but yeah lol

There are as i said a number of unanswered questions

It might be, and it might not be

Games will be more stable but not more balanced overall, hardly worth the price of player agency, imo.

To OP, you will still likely thrive in the new setup. It really does reward versatility and knowing who to counter and how even if it is a little more restrictive. This will be part of the new challenge.

My guess is your issue with the game will continue to be other players’ preconceived notions of your picks once a rigid meta is established. If that doesn’t bother you, I think you will be ok in the new setup, honestly.

They said 2v2v2 is much easier to balance.
Whether thats going to result in more frequent balance updates is another issue though :confused: poor indie developer you see.

1 Like

A new forum meme has been born.

Yeah, but such as with No Limits, the heroes won’t be the same as what they were, so it will be even worse balanced.

At the start for heroes that don’t fit well into a 2v2v2 system yeah.
Hopefully they don’t take long to do massive rebalances (and some reworks if needed)

1 Like

Referring to new classic QP.

Oh the non-serious casual QP mode.
Okay, yeah I guess if you insist on playing 5 DPS 1 support etc
If you want balanced matches (at least in terms of how heroes are balanced), play QP or Comp.

And it won’t be missed …

That’s why we now have 2-2-2 in QP … so that new players learn something about teamwork, instead of “me practicing how to not care about my teammates” :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes I’ve never ranked higher then Plat. Usually Gold.
Also thats hopefully in the past, due to role queue. Rely on them to flex and rotate heroes as necessary in their specific chosen roles.

It’s a TEAM BASED game. :man_facepalming:

Yes, you can. But it’s very slimmed compared to what we used to do. With Role Queue, just flex within your chosen role and hopefully your teammates & friends will do the same.

No, no I can’t. Not all my friends can aim.

1 Like

In other words, if you like Overwatch as originally designed and advertised, jump in the dumpster fire.

What a harshly cynical knee-jerk assumption.

Tracer, Genji, & Sombra are flankers. I’m not just some bronze window-licker that dives into enemy territory chading heroes that will come to me.

The fact that you voiced such an assumption shows passive-malice.

No, I do the OPPOSITE of what you’re assuming and play Windston & D.Va as peel tanks.

Now when it comes to sniping Hanzo & Widow, I’m an opportunist on Winston & D.Va. I use Winstons bubble or DM in front of their site-line as much as I can and when they’re vulnerable, THEN I dive them.

Can that leave my team vulnerable? Sure. But I’d rather leave my team vulnerable for 5-10 seconds, rather than leave them vulnerable to snipers.

That’s called a “Gambit”.

I’m not addressing things like that, because they’re ad hominem and based on the subjectivity of “what does good mean to me?”.

1 Like

Can you please explain how D.Va is a peel tank? Especially now that DM is just worthless? Honestly, most of the flankers make D.Va into an Ult battery, so saying she is a peel tank is just…wrong…

a) That is a terrible Gambit and that 5-10 seconds in this game can mean the difference between a lost team fight and a won one. Also, b) you need more practice if that is what you do to “wait out” them being vulnerable. Like…that is just really bad way to deal with snipers that makes me think you need more practice.

You need both Winston’s bubble and D.Va’s DM in order to just live to get to the snipers and be able to get into their face to drive them away. To use it as a defensive measure to wait out till they are “vulnerable” is not good, because most times they aren’t as vulnerable as you may think.

No, not really, because that is the evidence that can help people pull you to your side of the argument. If the way you play produces good results then you have a case that “flexing” roles in the mid game works and should be allowed. If it doesn’t, then really we have the case that it just leaves your team too vulnerable, too far behind, and can do more harm than good.

Sounds like I hit a sore spot with this assumption though, since not once did I call you names or anything. Just pointing out things as I see them, and showing people maybe their strategies and how they look at the game is wrong. Most of the people on the forums who say they “flex” just show that they are very quick to blame everyone else and never look at their own faults.

Also, when the actual proof comes out, more and more I see the “flex” players are just “flexing” cause they feel their team sucks and they are the sole carrier on their team. Yet never see that their switch in itself is a “Gambit” because your always filling 1 hole and creating 1-3 more. It doesn’t really work outside of those grouped up, and people need to stop focusing so much on their teammates and focus on what they can do better.

1 Like

OP is right.
Im a flex player too and 2-2-2 has gotten extremely stale to me fast when I played it on PTR. You’re literally STUCK playing the same role or measely amoutn of characters within said role.

1 Like

sure if a meaningless arcade mode is making you happy why not?

i wanna play ranked where skill actually matters and not the tilt-level of my teammates deciding in spawn how the game goes.