The Ramifications of Nerfing D.Va

You left out Deflect.

4 Likes

So correct.
Anytime an ult gets eaten it is either very good play from the DVa player, or lazy play from the person that deserved to lose their ult.
Stop helping lazy play.

14 Likes

Ramifications of Dva nerf? She can’t stand 5m into the 20m wide objective, and block nearly anything while standing still.

Let’s not talk about Roadhog who can catch anyone on the point with his 20m range hook.

2 Likes

Ah yes, Roadhog. The hero that has no damage prevention tools for his team besides hook and bodyblocking. Who has unremarkable K:D ratios.

1 Like

Being on par with Zarya is “unremarkable” ?

Also: the most picked off-tank, having double D.Va’s pickrate in Diamond and above, as well as a higher winrate in Plat and above.
Clearly he’s so bad right now. D.Va is definitely the off-tank in need of a nerf.

EDIT: reminder this DM nerf is a big buff to Roadhog.

8 Likes

I just posted this in another thread, but I might as well post it here too.

To be honest, I did not knew her range was that massive. It’s even larger than Mei’s ultimate radius.

I bet the difference will be noticeable, but I doubt a change from 15m to 10m will have a large impact.

And who knows? If Dva does become unbalanced and a terrible pick, could they always revert it or buff her somewhere else.

I’m not sure why you’re on about Hog’s e/d rate. An elimination in overwatch is just 1 or more damage on a target that dies. Hog is a hero based around getting picks, so it’s natural his eliminations are lower.

4 Likes

deflecting an ult as genji is just as difficult as eating one with matrix

3 Likes

This is what we’re dealing with. This is the kind of person (and the kind of mentality) that keeps asking for nerfs but blizz keeps catering to them.

I don’t even need to go into why this is a bad idea, imagine having to stand there contributing nothing for two seconds before DM came up. As fast as things happen in a team fight that’s useless. It’s just unreasonable. All these types of requests that would break a character completely are. These are just people who basically don’t want to deal a character anymore. But apparently these are the voices that the dev team values. Genuinely makes me heart sick.

That kind of nullifies how much I care about the game anymore. Don’t play nearly as much as I used to, played for hours today and was badly insulted multiple times. My last game was a win and we had some nice people in it. I quit after that but man those toxic people still left me feeling bad about the whole experience.

6 Likes

You can have the range back if you give up a free mech after dva’s Ultimate.

How is this at all an equivalent trade lmfao

2 Likes

ah the good old ‘disheartening to play against’ non-argument

nothing new at the anti dva front eh

7 Likes

I strongly disagree.

Currently has DM a range of 15m.
And what range has deflect?

Genji has to be hit by the projectile or hitscan to counter it.
Dva has to look at it if it’s within her 15 meter radius.

Sure, Dva’s DM has a shorter duration, but this is compensated by its range imo.

yes and?

Right and its range and uptime have both been neutered.

Its quickly becoming a situation not unlike Symmetras primary fire which on paper should be great for busting barriers but in reality is almost always a waste of time.

D.va’s defensive measures are harsly limited now and it makes it that you need someone to be on your tail with healing 24/7 to get anything done well.

3 Likes

the shield of rein can deny some ultimates. immortality field, sleep dart. Many stuns can ruin many ultimates… is about to track the enemy abilities, and only using tactical visor when ova is out of mech, zen is dead, etc.

Other thing about the short defense matrix is that, in lower ranks, countering bastion or pharaoh is going to be harder, as a normal tactic is dive with dva into a pharah or bastion and kill them.

laughs in Sombra I love playing heroes that are hardly affected by D.va. She is never a problem for me and is mainly just an ult battery for the DPS and tank I play. :smiling_imp:

I don’t understand the hate for D.va because I never have to deal with her. Lmao just hack her, or I’m playing Mercy and she does nothing to counter me, or I’m playing Zarya and don’t throw my grav around like an idiot. I’ve only ever had a single grav ever eaten by D.va in my 20 or so hours of Zarya. And that was because she was holding DM around a corner and I just yolo threw it around another corner and she ate it.

You are also neglecting the massive upside that deflect has over dm. Deflecting a grav and dm aren’t even in the same stratosphere for how good they both are. Why shield a deadeye when you can kill McCree with his own ultimate? Why block a widow shot when you can kill her with it?

Sure range is an area that dm has over deflect but in terms of how much you can do with either deflect wins by miles.

So why don’t we see more Genji you might ask simple he doesn’t really synerigize with goats as it still is survival over everything else comp. And if you want a slow playing dps (aka one who is likely to fit in the survival comp that goats is) you have much much better options out there than a Ninja who is all about speed. Several charcters are far more self sufficient in the dps category and thats the kind that are going to have more potential in seeing Goats play due to its desire to not get picked. Heck even Widow another kill fast character is a better fit simply because she typically doesn’t die that much due to her playing away from most things that can harm her so your team doesn’t have to waste that much effort to keep her up.

1 Like

But it still has a somewhat generous range of 10m. That’s still not bad.

This is why I think the change will be noticeable, but will not have a large impact.

I still consider it a better ability than Genji’s deflect.