The problem with the new "Mercy Buff"

With the new PTR update, Mercy got a buff to Valkyrie.

With these changes, Mercy still is unfunny to play, and Valkyrie still feels useless in my opinion.

Every ultimate abilities are supposed to be game-changing, some examples :

• Zenyatta’s Transcendence : While using Transcendence, Zenyatta is immune to damage, and heals (300 hp/sec) his teammates in a certain area for 6 seconds. Also restores Zenyatta’s ammunition.

• D.Va’s Self Destruct : D.Va gets out of her mech, which will explode after 3 seconds and will pretty much one-shot everyone in a radius of 20 meters.

• Junkrat’s RIP-Tire : Can do up to 600 damage in a radius of 10 meters. Also restores Junkrat’s ammunition.

• Soldier’s Tactical Visor : Litteraly is an aim-bot for 6 seconds. Helix Rockets aim automatically too. Reload Time is also faster when using Tactical Visor. (1.50 sec to 0.75 sec)

Now, Mercy’s Valkyrie: Gain the ability to fly. Mercy can do chain-healing (50 hp/sec, or 60 hp/sec on PTR).

This could just be a normal ability, like Torbjorn’s old Molten Core or Symmetra’s old Teleporter.

In the meantime, old Resurrect was a real ultimate, it was game-changing : When activated, Mercy will return all nearby dead allies back to life. Resurrect has a brief cast time, during which time Mercy is immobile.

Mercy’s old Ressurect wasn’t overpowered, it could fail too, if the enemy team is ready, and depending on how your team was positioned before dying, it could just feed the enemy team’s ulimate abilities, and waste time.

If you want to see other opinions about Mercy’s current state, I recommend you to watch Aria Rose’s videos on YouTube, or to read Titanium’s posts.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the language mistakes.

1 Like

It’s really going to be difficult to find a good balance for her. She was so powerful for so long that her character puts a bad taste in most player’s mouths.

I completely agree, valkyrie is one of the most underwhelming and generally anti-climactic ultimate abilities in the game.

I don’t have the solution, but making valkyrie cost less will only exacerbate the problem, further reducing the significance of her ult and making her contribution as a whole feel less valuable.

-I have over 300 hours on mercy in case anyone was wondering- :heart:

1 Like