The problem with Symmetra, rework her or not?

I like her as she is except for her primary fire. I would say to have it ramp up in power faster and do more damage on each stage. For example the beam would increase in power every second and do 95/130/195 dps for stages 1/2/3 "she is a damage class after all :slight_smile: ! Of course to balance out the faster ramping up it would also loose stages after every second of not doing damage.

1 Like

Beam worked alot better when it was in combo with Photon Barrier.

That’s true. It’s a shame heroe’s can’t have more than 3 abilities. Iv’e really liked having the new teleporter though. Wouldn’t want to give it up :frowning:

Well i agree with you in the point that we need to learn symmetra in a rework case from anew again but Symmetra was never been made to be a full flesh dps, she always was a support who can deal a lot of damage by her own (+turrets) and uses some utility abilities to provide some benefits to her team.
Just because some people didn’t understand her based concept she was turned into a super stupid dps.
Sorry for saying things like that but it was the worst decision blizzard made when she reworked her to her 3.0 state she now has.

1 Like

It’s up to a future hero to replace that which we lost. 🧞‍♀ 344 Days Since The Start of this post about Sym (4/10/18)(3/20/19) - #360 by Doomfish-21368

Youre not going to get a rework. They want the hitscans on top because thats what people are used to in fps

1 Like

I dont know but this threat is not about “are we getting a symmetra rework or not”.
So that being said: we know that we most likly wont get another rework for her, but we would like to see some improvements for Symmetra, eitherway as support or else as full flesh dps.

1 Like

Ok so i don’t main Sym but i just wanted to say that i really like the new Sym now. I think she’s pretty good and more versatile and creative.

Also, its pretty intense walking back to the fight from spawn and seeing a barrier literally across the whole map.

4 Likes

I like the current state of Symmetra too, but it just simply doesnt feel like it is Symmetra to me. It would be something else if this kit Symmetra now has belongs to a completly different hero

Super alien to me too. I was starting to learn her before the rework but 3.0 changed almost everything. But, i don’t think different has to mean bad. I feel like the changes have heart behind them.

Symmetra’s ult is something completely new, but its a city spanning wall like she can do in the lore. Having only 3 turrets but stronger changes how you use them but it reduces set up required.

Last match I played, a Sym sentry bombed us and turned our mighty hold into crumbling ruin. It was a quad kill with her doing some dirty work herself.

This iteration just feels so much like Symmetra the character.

1 Like

No, i don’t need to read anything mate.
You need to re-read what I wrote. Theres no contradiction in her kit, its very well defined and aligned with the vibe/style of the character so no.
What I said about reworks stays.

You are welcome.

I can really understand why you felt that way. The 2.0 version to 3.0 is a very radical change for Symmetra. And I agree about what you said about improvement on Symmetra. She needs to be decided as a dps or a support.

She can work as hybrid DPS/Support, just that she needs improvement in her kit for this to happen.

So… You didn’t read anything and already comes up with a response huh. Well, okay then…

Read what? Which post?

Yeah she can, but there are a player that once said about her kit is that she’s good at everything, but she didn’t exactly master it. That player said that other hero can do a better job than her and there is really no reason to pick her.

I make this thread to address this, mostly. I wanted to know the opinion of other Symmetra mains about her. Wether she is in a good position now, or she should be a full fledged dps or support oriented character. And I give some ideas for a rework if it were ever being made. Or just give her some buffs for her current kit.

Edit: the Hyphen person didn’t read the first post and already came up with a very unhelpful answer. At least this person states his/her opinion.

1 Like

i played her since 1.0 and you don’t see me crying.

1 Like

I actually never understood the argument that Sym can troll with a tp if you can just walk through it. If you don’t like where you end up you can just waltz back through it.

Increase her beam range, make her tele and shield cast time shorter, and make her teles be more reliable and she’d be fine. When I say her teles more reliable I mean they get create where you want them to be. Sometimes they aren’t directly at your feet if you place it there. If were it’s created for reliable it can help get out of a grav more reliable etc.