The problem with Symmetra, rework her or not?

it isn’t that easy, if you don’t know where you end up. Earlier where the TP was her ultimate you simply could walk out of the map and die instandly just because you entered it.

I don’t know if we should balance tp worrying that some people may troll with it. Id imagine more people use it well than troll.

not if that leads off a cliff and ur dead >.> or that teleports you into a 6v1

I personally thinks she’s close. She needs a few buffs but her biggest problem is community perception.

I think I’ve seen maybe one person troll with a teleporter in the years I’ve been playing this game though. You can troll your team in so many ways, but the game doesn’t stop every single thing just because it’s possible. I doubt people getting teleported off maps is common, unless you’re a YouTuber who thinks they’re funny.

And I don’t think her tp range is really far enough for a smart player to just stumble into a 1v6. The teleporter is linear which means you should almost always have a clear view of where you’re teleporting to.

I didn’t mean to say that it is useless on defense, it’s quite good in fact, but it is IMO quite a bit better on offense because it disrupts pre-set defensive positions.

I’d rate her Ult’s utility from highest to lowest this way:
Attacking a point
Defending a point
Pushing a payload
Stalling a payload

honestly i prefer by far the new one since it can get more buffs, old one was short range and useless as you climbed.
tp still sucks tbh the aoe is by far too small, and i think it needs to be noticeable as sombras hacked hp packs. it spawns slowly too
it could last a little longer too.

My idea of the perfect Symmetra:

• Moira-style lock on primary fire, but obviously with higher damage, and better animations
  • Her old secondary fire orbs, but faster charge rate
  • Her E: Slightly bigger and slightly slower photon barrier
  • Shift: 6 turrets, 30 hp, 35 dps, and a 10 meter range for effective area control and damage
  • Her ultimate: the current wall, but it deals 50 damage to enemies passing through it

here’s the issue/scenario with making the teleporter non button confirm:

Scenario example 1: your playing bunker on Anubis first point. your symm TP bombs the enemy and your orisa moves because her shield just broke or she dodges a fire strike and she gets teleported behind enemy lines and dies.

Scenario two with ill intent from the symm player: you walk behind your ana and teleport her into the enemy team because the TP drops infront of of symm and would land right under ana forcing her out of position.

must i say more? the first scenario would happen ALOT by accident.

there’s a reason why i’m so vocal about it being bad game design to make it so.

1 Like

Decrease the time it takes after casting TP.

Not the actual cast time, just how long it takes to be usable after it’s deployed

as long as she doesnt get autolock/no aim back you can give her whatever you want <3

If they were going to do anything make her cast her wall faster.

She can die and it still casts so there’s no benefit to killing her like Lucio ULTing when it still goes off. So just let her do it faster.

1 Like

I agree but the only reason I’m somewhat comfortable with it is the fact that her old barrier did the same thing for one. But mainly due to the fact that even if she does get killed, she never loses her ult. It either goes up or you keep it, and she can’t have it stunned away from her either. Many heroes don’t have that luxury with castable ults, even Nano can get canceled before it lands.

1 Like

It was the only immediate thing she had.

Well then I guess we can agree to disagree on it. I understand where you’re coming from, and the interaction probably wouldn’t be such a big issue if the other quirks of the tp were smoothed out.

i kind of like the teleport hijinks you can do and how much it actually have saved me from a bunch of stuff.
the beam i feel is a little short, maybe like a meter or so.
the balls i feel need to take longer to charge and have bigger explosion radius on impact.
not sure about the wall, it’s useful but usually more often than not i throw them out when i respawn as it can help negate my absence from the team fight and it’s kind of weird to throw out an ult as soon as you respawn to save a team fight.

her sentries are great, it’s a little bit of give and take in both directions, it’s a bit of a wait if you spend your sentries, yet they can output a high amount of slow and damage in a cluster or cover a bigger area depending how you place them, and they do get destroyed fairly easily as they are quite powerful which i think is fair.

that’s about it for me.

wall is great as a counter pick it blocks alot of offensive ults like High noon, Visor, bob, d.va bomb, and a few others. and just in general can cut off bastion and widow pretty easily.

1 Like

High Noon can in cases now destroy Symm ult btw. so you can’t really protect your team from it with the photon barrier

actually i thought changing the teleport entrance to set in base again like the earlier 2 versions of symmetra and just deploy the exit so dead mates can come back much faster again. it was the most fun utility thing she had, kinda like ressurect mates without revive them for real