The problem with soilder

I know I’m kind of late with this but I had to think about it before saying anything so I don’t sound like all the ignorant weirdos that just scream at this whole thing. In my opinion sexuality doesn’t have a place in a game like OverWatch you can have lore and God knows the community wants More story but when we are supposed to be getting lore for ana and the whole attention is shifted towards soldier being gay it’s kind of annoying because well it just doesn’t matter I rather know about a characters past, battles they’ve been in things they’ve seen, lore behind their weapons and abilities would also be amazingly intresting I don’t care about a characters sexuality and I think the majority of the community doesn’t either.

It builds character, but we did not learn anything about Vincent, which is the problem, who he was, what he did, why he did so, things like that.

1 Like

If people focused on 2 lines of dialogue in an 11 page story, it shows you how bland/boring the story was.

It read like a bad fan-fic.

4 Likes

The problem with “soilder” is you just accidentally made another rule34 I really don’t want to see lol

1 Like

Amazing. This subject is still a thing. Whether you like it or not, all heroes have a life outside pew pew. They all have history; they have families, they have loved ones, they have personal trauma…

I mean, Hanzo basically slaughtered his brother, and Soldier having a love life in his past is what gets folks’ jimmies in a bunch. And going by your logic, Ana can’t mention Sam or acknowledge that Pharah is her daughter, because that too, would fall under sexuality. The same goes with Torbjörn and Ingrid (we have Brigitte).

3 Likes

there’s been a sudden increase in soldier being shown in straight rule34 which I find rather funny

I don’t see any problem with Soldier, he is gay and that’s good enough!

He was probably a regular civilian. In the lines of Sam and Emily.

Ana, Torbjorn, Soldier, Widowmaker, and Tracer would have to have their lore removed to satisfy this. On top of any flirtatious voice lines between characters.

Why are you complaining about it if you don’t care?

3 Likes

Why would you use soldier when Brigitte can simply insta heal all his damage back with no aim on a short CD? Healing creep.

That’s the problem stupid I’m not homophobic the problem is nobody cares about about anas lore everything has been so focused towards soldiers gay relationship even tho it’s 2 lines nobody cares about Ana’s story anymore

Even so, I still want to know more about him, just saying he was BF with soldier at one point is kinda… dissapointing innterms of story building.