The Prices Are Actually Ridiculous

I’m not sure any IP with a reputation this tarnished can hard sell their prices and grind requirements to this extent. It killed RDO after barely a year.

6 Likes

Totally agree and yet that’s also why I think it will work as too many other games charge those amount and they will get a huge flux of people from other games who see the prices as normal……I like you think it’s crazy….but I still totally think they are going to sell a ton as for many it’s not.

1 Like

If only people would have listened to the doomers for the past several months instead of rudely attacking us.

12 Likes

Obligatory “none of these skins are required purchases to play the game”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes, I see. They turned it into something that will make Blizzard money. In so doing it will increase their profit. And by doing that it will increase their share price. ActivisionBlizzard has 1 goal with OW2 - to increase their share price. They don’t care about making the community happy, except where it increases their share price. They don’t care if it seems predatory, as long as it increases their share price.

They answer to their board who (no, not their general shareholders) who have a lot of AB stock and their management have a lot of stock and their employees have incentive stock-based compensation so have shares in the company.

If you think they care that you think they are somehow wronging you and others then you do not understand capitalism at all. They are doing what they must to meet the goal that the company must aspire to above all else.

It’s pretty simple. All these people saying to boycott or that they are leaving or whatever attention seeking action they are taking are just delusional. OW2 has 1 purpose - to increase AB’s share price. And they are going about it in a way that is quite likely to do that whether you like it or not.

2 Likes

I won’t hide the fact that I’m disappointed with the prices.

Do whales really being in that much money?

I would be willing to spend $10 on a skin, but I’m not going to spend $20.

I just feel like they could potentially make more money selling the skins at a more reasonable price.

$5 for epic, $10 for legendary.

These prices are absurd.

6 Likes

Is it actually predatory though? I mean is this any different than walking into a store, and demanding to speak to the manager like “how dare you display all these items and advertisements in front of me! Now I have no choice but to buy something!” The manager would laugh at you and be like “damn if it’s that hard for you just leave?” lol

I get it’s annoying how games are more about the business side these days than the actual game play side, and I’d be the first to tell you aggravating that is, but none of this is required.

I can see how a parent might be concerned if they’re worried their kid might pilfer their credit card and rack up a bunch of charges, but then that is between the parent and the child, is it not?

I’m getting a little lost in the sauce here, but I just fail to see how this is predatory (not saying you’re implying that, I’ve just seen that word thrown around a lot).

Yes. This is what I’ve been trying to tell people. Whales make up less than 10% of F2P games but also bring in most of the revenue. They ruin these games for 90% of players.

11 Likes

IDK, using FOMO to push MTX at higher prices seems fairly predatory to me

10 Likes

Right but whales would still buy them, but other people would buy them too.

I guess the real question is where do we draw the line between “I’m being unfairly pressured into buying this” and taking responsibility for your own purchasing decisions?

In my mind, fomo would apply if puchasing a skin was required to even join a match. Then you really would be missing out as you legit can’t do anything without first making a purchase. But in this case, you can still play the game (as far as we know).

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating for the prices of skins to keep sky rocketing, but just speaking for myself… my solution is “I’m just not gonna buy anything”, especially considering I learned my lesson with OW1 and the watch point pack. If I play, it’s to play the game, I don’t care how my in game avatar looks.

If you’re someone who does care how your hero looks, then you can buy skins, and if the skins seem too pricey, you can just play the game and unlock them without using money. If the wait to unlock it is unbearable, then, that’s on you right? I’m not saying that makes you weak or that you shouldn’t play the game… but it’s for you to sort out, right?

If this seems off base let me know because I’m honestly trying to work this out in my head.

4 Likes

Aren’t the higher price ones bundles of items?

1 Like

Wait until people realize they are going to have a hard time completing the BP unless they play hours a day for the entire BP, but they can pay $150 to just buy all the levels.

7 Likes

I genuinely support this choice. Now, stand firm and don’t go around whining on the forums about how you aren’t happy with Blizzard, like some people do.

State your displeasure. Act on it… Be done with it, and find something worth your time.

1 Like

Well they wouldn’t want to turn them off, since they wanted to show the functionality. But I will say, I don’t trust the prices. Especially the legacy vs ow2 coin value, it doesn’t make sense, those are two currency’s with very different values so 500 legacy can not equal 500 ow2 , so I think the early access model may not be accurate

He, and everyone else complaining, are losing a game they paid money for and have the right to go on forums or Twitter or wherever else and complain about losing a full game they paid for and having it replaced with a garbage cash grab.

16 Likes

I’m buying the doomfist starter pack when I first log in

There’s a limit to everything. You can say I can’t regulate what that limit is, and you’d of course be right.

But if you’re going to say “I’m done with” something. Whatever it is. Put those words into actions. Being congruent with your actions will always be more effective than words that are empty.

But then you tap out the market. Better to make the same amount from fewer sales and still have the potential to make more the selling out (and by that I mean all people buy it lol).

Not to say I don’t agree with you. Unfortunately companies have to make all the money rather than some or most of the money and have a happy consumer base :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Tbh you should try harder to bash fortnite or epic…

Battlepass costs 950 vbucks and in return gives you 1500 vbucks back and its not really hars to go to level 100… Level 200 is grindy, but all vbucks are on 1-100.

1 Like