The Prices Are Actually Ridiculous

What are these store prices?? 20$ for a “Legendary” skin that looks like an Epic recolor?? They even increased the OWL skins prices. This is absolutely ridiculous!

130 Likes

There is an audience for $20 skins. People do buy them. Warzone and Fortnite prove that and I don’t think OW2 is gonna be any different.

7 Likes

Oh no, who would have seen this coming. :melting_face:

91 Likes

The prices or the cry-babies? Sorry, not clear.

2 Likes

The prices obviously.

38 Likes

Ill buy them

Im not very good at saving.

2 Likes

How about: then dont buy them? Its the best thing to do.

6 Likes

How can you or anyone else defend this!? Like how? Don’t you see what they turned the game into after 3 years of no content??

62 Likes

They might just be placeholders. Niandra, someone who got early access, said it probably was to dissuade early access players from actually buying any of the content.

6 Likes

Well you say obviously, but I could see the cry-babies coming too so, as I said, not clear.

1 Like

what I find most strange/ absurd is the absence of drop. I mean, oW is a HUGE container of useless content (icons, voicelines, sprays) that has been filling up for years and now we also have charms, “souvenirs” (some sort of standard victory pose) and profile covers. Basically it means that we will have a huge amount of minor items available for purchase which (for what we have seen now) take up a lot of useless space on the real purchase that people care about: skins.

I talked about it better here, but in essence I want to say that without a drop we will have a significant impoverishment of personalization by the community (especially new users) because everyone will start saving as much as possible to have at least one decent skin …

The BP exclusives seem quite appealing to having a paying audience every 2 months, it seems pretty fool put the price tag on literally every single item. And I don’t think the “testers” literally said nothing about this paradox. Either they know that there will be a drop that wasn’t present in their tests … or they are doing their latest advertisement and then packing their bags and not advertising a game that is absolutely not exciting for the collections. :thinking:

2 Likes

I dont know who told you this, but they’re delusional. Blizzard could just turn off the funcionality, they wouldnt arbitrarily raise the prices to dissuade them. These rates are pretty standard for f2p models despite being unreasonably expensive.

9 Likes

yea it is pricey. im gonna have to force myself to know that i wont own everything

my collecting days are over and even buying one skin for me seems like it better be VERY GOOD and for one of my MAINS. gotta be careful lol… unless you dont mind spending 100s on every toon …sheesh

5 Likes

I’m done with this game. I understand the need to make money but this is too much.

36 Likes

I honestly can’t imagine why they actually increased prices. Sure they’ll make more money per sale but they’ll make an order of magnitude fewer sales.

See, people are logarithmic thinkers. We don’t compare two things against eachother, so much as we compare* their differences. Going from a room with one candle to two, is a big increase in our brain, but going from 10,000 candles to 10,001 is virtually nothing. Our brains wouldn’t notice the difference.

I might consider buying a skin for a dollar. If a skin worth close to a dollar, is being priced at 20 times that value, it might as well be $400 for how likely I am to even entertain the idea of purchasing that.

$20… for a skin? Lol, just no.

27 Likes

:sob:

3 Likes

Welcome to free to play. Enjoy the steak cough mean skin

9 Likes

I’m just relaying what a popular Mercy YouTuber channel said…

2 Likes
19 Likes

I’m so glad I collected many skins for my mains already.I cannot justify 20$ for one skin…
The last time I paid so much was for Pink Mercy,and that was because of the charity 100% justified it.

23 Likes