The prestigous "Grandmaster" Facts and storytime

Im not gonna sugar coat it, certain ppl are in GM because they got a golden ticket to it, Let me explain

ppl who picked up the game early AND played with a friend during those times could have EASILY reached rank number of 65-70 (i did.) This assured that after 100 hours of grinding season 1 ppl automatically where placed into ATLEAST diamond, but these players who didnt soloqueue could have EASILY reached GM and with normal playtimes its not hard to maintain and worst thing that will happen to u is you fall to masters. Also there are TONS of mercy mains in GM who queued with a good DPS player, its NOT impressive. But it gives solid bragging rights.

You ppl have to understand that after 11 seasons and youre still playing in plat or lower you probably belong in there, its sad but it follows a pattern, there HAS to be low players and there has to be high players.

OW is SO inconsistent as a videogame that if u have started OW recently or u were playing at rank number 40 you were always meant to be playing in LOW ranks.

Season 1 was the most important season out of every season.

Looking at 90% of GM players i see, their worst rank at season 1 was rank number 70. since your elo was set 70, the next season u start, u will be instantly playing with same HIGH elo players, youā€™re top of the food chain.

and ppl who play in sub diamond their season 1 number was always 50 or lower. Its not rocket science.

THE GAME ISNT MEANT TO BE GRINDED ALONE, youā€™re essentially ROLLING a dice for your win/loss.

on this account i CONSTANTLY see premades, soloqueres, duos u name it that have gold to even PLATINUM BORDERS, and they have placed in 30-40 rank number in season1 which is INSANELY LOW, they remain in same rank for over 1000 hours

how can it be possible? there are ppl who reach GM after 100 hours, for me it took 300 hours. All of my friends who were close to 70 in s1 are atleast masters

there is some evil algorithm put into ranked that forces players to remain in SAME rank for EVER

there is zero chance that a player with RIGHT competitive mindset, starts the game from GOLD and after 11 seasons is still gold

you would think the player gets better right? well yes

but the matchmaking is so incredibly random and with flawless plays u will still end up at peak 55% winrate. its pathetic

Look at other games

rocket league - u reach GC by just playing tons.
CS:GO - play TONS, get good muscle memory, game sense etc.
Hearthstone - game KNOWLEDGE

Overwatch - FOREVER same rank? rofl

what makes OW grinding difficult also is a matter of playerbase

OW is played by GIRLS, OLD PPL, KIDS, PRO PLAYERS, BAD CASUAL PLAYERS.

guys, GM players arent GOD among men in OW, the are TONS of mediocre players in GM that couldnt do JACK soloqueuing in diamond, and its a fact.

i was never insane @ OW yet i brought myself and even 2 friends who pocketed me into GM.

so guys drop the numbers, stop raging at ranked, nothing will most likely change, esp. if u keep playing solo, or unless you find a secret sauce that lets constantly win games due to YOUR impact. But its insanely rare, actually under 0.5% players can do it.

just wanna give an extra tip to anyone below diamondā€¦

Having a ā€œperfectā€ comp is overrated, NOT rocking 2-2-2 isnt throwing and it ISNT necessary by any means, also due to lack of skill in low ranks having perfect comp doesnt raise ur winning chances by one bit. the team with higher skill and coordination always win, doesnt matter if they rocket 3 snipers and 1 healer.

Just wanted to put it out there, this is my STORY.

season 1. 65.
season 2. Diamond
Season 3. Diamond
Season 4. Grandmaster
season 5. GM
season 6. GM
season 6. 3900
seasons 7-11 decay into 3000.

Stay blessed guys and have fun.

sorry for bad spelling or grammar

2 Likes

The thing about Overwatch is that its a game literally made with an emphasized casual sense of funā€¦ despite having loads of untapped potential of becoming a truly competitive game. Like, this game can be competitiveā€¦ but the design of the game from a mechanical sense is to cater to people who want to have a good time.

But when you bring in competitive mode, which also invites the wrong set of people, which is why even in the high ranks, there are people who donā€™t know how to do things in general, and some donā€™t care at allā€¦ and Blizzardā€™s way of dealing with the social interactive aspects of the gameā€¦ Iā€™m surprised OWL is still a thing or even have comparable viewership numbers to the R6 Siege Pro Leagueā€¦ which is a game made thatā€™s built for the competitive tactical fps playerbase in mind. And that game is literally kind of like taking the class aspects that TF2 initially made famous, taking the barebones of Battlefield and CoD (destructible environment and the introduction of modern guns), adding the hardcore tactical structure of CS in general, and rocking the Rainbow Six name.

Though I love Siege alot, the reason I canā€™t mechanically enjoy it as much as I do in Overwatch (when I tryhard in it), is that, by heart, I much prefer speedy shooters (I.E. Quake, UT, the likes), but their current state is justā€¦ dullā€¦ simply because sometimes the people are basically the same few hundred over and over again. Like, I think we need to see new faces. Out of all the speedy shooters that suddenly came out since 2016, its only Paladins (janky OW) and OW that are aliveā€¦ and it kinda depresses me with whatā€™s happened.

Didnā€™t you make a post about how youā€™re a gold player and had good placements in the Master / Diamond area?
Now youā€™re a Grandmaster? Iā€™m very confused.

What ranked player are you actually?

ā€¦heā€™s a gold player. Just look at his account.

His posts seem to boil down to, ā€œIā€™m only in gold because this matchmaking system sucks.ā€ And heā€™s made up some story about being a GM player to ā€œproveā€ it.

2 Likes

Until he posts on his main heā€™s a gold/plat player to me, just saying itā€™s claims with nothing to back it up

1 Like

I assumed that. Iā€™m a high masters / low Grandmaster player and I rarely ever run into people in GM that I donā€™t think deserve to be there.

1 Like

Yeah, correct me if Iā€™m wrong but a lot of it is consistency and mechanical skill?

The only difference between Mid - High master and maintaining low GM is consistency.

Thatā€™s what I sorta figured. Thatā€™s what I think is defining me as a player in low diamond on Ana, I think one of my big problems is Iā€™m just not consistent enough, ya know? Some days Iā€™m landing all my shots, sleeping tracer like itā€™s nothing, getting great anti-heals and making good calls. Others I feel like Iā€™m just throwing myself in front of rein charges, dying every two seconds etcā€¦

Lol yeah I thought you were gold from your other posts?

I sat through your op and nothing stood out except your categories for types of people that make up the playerbase? Why are those significant categories especially girls lmao Iā€™m so confused by this part

Sorry but no. In OW you are not ā€˜forced to stay in one rankā€™ for your entire career. Thatā€™s a blatant lie.
Season 1 I was placed about 50, only climbed to about 54. Season 2 and 3 I was in gold. Season 5 (didnā€™t play 4) I started improving and picking DPS more frequently and easily climbed to diamond.

Since then Iā€™ve been floating between diamond and low masters with a peak of 3800.

The game doesnā€™t force you into an rank and there is no ā€˜forced win rate.ā€™ Telling yourself that is doing nothing more than lying to yourself in order to feel better.

1 Like

Then youā€™re not looking deep enough of havent played there enough, ive got 200+ games experience from it and trust me its not all flowers and rainbows everytime, yes i would say the skill ceiling OFC is higher, doesnt mean u cannot get boosted into this rank. Top 500 is whole different place i WISH i could have reached it but im not sad that i didnt, i feel like you really need a good partner to get there or great understanding of the game, i simply never ā€œcaredā€ for OW that much, ive focused so much into CS having played almost 6k hoursā€¦

@kornmeal

yes, consistency high skill, also tons of trolls on multiple accounts, almost 1 in every 3 game i will see a guy whos lvl 40 something and goes ā€œwhatever this is like my 6th accountā€ even top 500 players who dont give a S anymore. Its a sad sight but thats online gaming for ya.

@blurry
personally leaped over Master and for the most part it felt like diamond except ppl like to works as a team more.

@kornmeal not only youā€™re not consistent the matchmaking isnt either. the few times u have insane games and u make all the right plays you will get teammates that just simply want to see you lose, theres nothing else to say but GL next, then the next game u play mediocre, the game is even and u lose out in tight Overtime or something, fast forward 10 games and youā€™ve gone down 100 sr, a vicious cycle, props for playing ana though.

@deerb0y gonna get slaughtered for this but M O S T of the time i see girls in ranked theyre just Bad or boosted, or most of them play mercy and nothing else, i KNOW its toxic but if you want to win, block girlsā€¦ altho girls usually can make the team not go toxic so theres that. Nobody wants to yell at gurls.

@skye you cannot explain why theres so many ppl with thousands of hours not being able to grind out of plat for 10 seasons.

but u further proved my points, u were placed on rank number 50, which was kinda OK pretty mediocre imo and u were rightfully playing with golds, climbing to diamond is good, its not impossible. but what did u change to climb into 3800? alot of ppl cannot do this because your elo was forced down so low early on. tell me, can u keep being in 3500? do u play alone? Not trying to bring you down, you clearly found the secret sauce and if uā€™re happy with results then i am too.

im open to answering any questions regarding OW matchmakingā€¦ Trolling, rank pts, sr gain, gameplay in general! im giving you free uncut advice and truth.

heā€™s probably complaining about being stuck in gold because he auto locks DPS and ā€œcarriesā€ with 8k damage

The more this guy posts the more i believe hes boosted into gold not even gold. Clearly not master and if he ever comes up with a master account to post from im going to 100% believe that one is boosted.

Your brain is too flawed to actually be higher than silver.

2 Likes

Lol? Because they are simply not good at the game. Explain why I or any master or even diamond player could easily get those hardstuck plat accounts out of their elo? Matchmaking isnā€™t ā€œriggedā€, ā€œforced 50%ā€ is just an excuse spewed by people who think they are better than they actually are.

Also no gm player would have an account in gold unless they are throwing games.

3 Likes

its only natural for players to get better over time, thats why i find it weird, only in OW ive seen this sort of stale ā€œproggressā€ happening.

@Caritou
@mizzerella

You absolute ignoramus, way to disrespected my posts where im just trying to HELP OTHERS.

is your brain flawed perhaps?? i see that skill rating of 1600. who are YOU to talk me down im my thread? leave your trash useless comments somewhere else u salty, jealous goon.

yes this guy is trying to say heā€™s been in GM but its very interesting heā€™s not posting this on a GM account

1 Like

Actually itā€™s not. And I can go from your elo to 3k easily with 70-75% winrate playing only Zen and Iā€™m not even GM. No one is stuck anywhere because of ā€œforced lossesā€ or because ā€œsupports canā€™t carryā€.

comment something else, this is boring me

@ squirrel

go do it and stream, would love to see it

funny how i can troll with junkrat with zero impact and win 5 in a row, then when i actually play good and comm with my team i lose 5 in a row

comment on your GM account