The Power of Criticism

Look at that, map pools are gone. It’s a good thing we didn’t listen to all of the people saying that the devs aren’t going to listen to us.

Some of the people on these forums would not allow critique, and with this, upcoming match maker changes, support buffs, etc, we are consistently actually making change.

So next time anyone asks why I or anyone else is still on the forums despite hating the changes made, this is why.

Next, we go after 5v5 and have them revert it.

Hopefully we can salvage this game.

17 Likes

Feedback is always valuable, even if the devs don’t directly comment on the forums anymore.

3 Likes

It is also pointing towards the mass unpopularity of OW2 that they have to keep removing new changes. I wish they spent devtime elsewhere while in the development stage, instead of having to undo everything later.

12 Likes

I really-really hope they will revert 5v5

5 Likes

Don’t say that too loud, or THEY might come here.

Why is it not happening until season 4? Why are they so damn slow?

4 Likes

What makes you think that it’s massively unpopular?

All the changes have been either balance changes or based in community feedback.

Well, the reality of things, for one, but also because they keep reverting things…

Companies dont revert popular decisions.

Ayuh. You are so close here.

4 Likes

Some feedback is valuable, some isn’t. There was pretty much no positive to losing 2 maps for a season or 2. There are however pros and cons to 5v5, and highly doubt they will ever be going back to 6v6.

I suspect spaghetti code. It sounds like there’s issues under the hood that make changes come slowly as they have to redo code to change in game systems. They may not have had time to build the tools to do this easily either. It is technically a new engine.

Well the decisions may not be popular, but that doesn’t mean the game isn’t as a whole. To me it seems like it’s extremely popular.

In in own right? Sure, Compared to OW1? LOL

This isn’t apples and oranges here.

I think no CC is the only universally liked feature of OW2 compared to OW1. And even that has caveats like Mei and increased flanker power.

3 Likes

I’d say compared to OW1 at launch, yes, but the gaming landscape has shifted a lot since then. People are far more critical and cynical and companies far more greedy.

Compared to it’s contemperaries it seems to be well received.

Cause they don’t work on a seasonal patch 5 days before its release. If they decided to remove map pools during january, its too late for them to include it in the patch.

It’d be weird to remove map pools during a season (Or rather, I guess its how they see it).

1 Like

I don’t think OW2 helps this point.

no? OW is a joke on the internet.

It doesn’t, but everyone is doing it so people aren’t as likely to avoid playing OW2 for it as they were say BF2.

So are most pvp games right now. Valorant and Fortnite seem to be the only exceptions, and Fortnite had a huge controversy lately too when it comes to their monetization.

1 Like

No. There’s constructive criticism, or there’s being morons to the devs which will achieve absolutely nothing and too many times that’s happened here that’s why official forums are memed on.

They don’t acknowledge the forums for a reason and pay a lot more attention to the competitive OW subreddit and Twitter.

Don’t think for a single moment they changed things because of the “feedback” from here. Yes some people here do make constructive and fair criticism-but they are drowned out by the hostile minority.

They only listen when they want to.

In some cases such as hero balance they are righy not to listen.

As for “others” where they should, such as the “toxicity problem” they help create, they do not.

1 Like

If it hurts the income they will listen

2 Likes

I sincerely doubt this decision was made today.