đźš« "The polls show that the majority of the playerbase supports Role Queue."

WRONG. Let me tell you why. I created polls here that showed support was the most played. Are the majority of the playerbase Support? Obviously not.

The common argument is that the polls were repeated many times and showed the same result and that they are therefore correct.

Except these polls were mostly done in the SAME places, discussion forums or communities external to the game, where it’s a entirely possible that support and tank players, who would be more positioned to benefit from Role Queue would answer the poll in favour of Role Queue.

It’s entirely possible that support and tank players have the mindset to explore/discuss the game through external avenues, while your average Joe Damage player just wants to chill after work and pop heads on Widow or smash bones with Doomfist. Could it be that the mindset that draws players to these roles, also means that these players are simply less likely to answer polls?

Role Queue could very well be supported by the majority - I wouldn’t be surprised. But for GOD’S SAKE let’s not pretend polls are in any way reliable.

30 Likes

So I left an impression as they say - we had this discussion, you did your little polls to show that in theory the forum is mainly supports.

You guys kill me, you REALLY went back, fumed on this then had to post this to get it started?

The polls we have are the best we have… that’s just a fact whether you like them or not.

Honestly, the fragile egos on here are something to behold…

31 Likes

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Haha, I wouldn’t flatter yourself. I bring this topic up again because it’s brought up time and time again, and I was having a read through this thread SOLUTION: Just remove the role queue - #96 by airwalker-11432 where it was brought up again.

People are more likely the vote of they disagree with role queue. And that fact almost eveyone on here is here because they want to argue something. Therefore not being an accurate source of information.

The devs have described role queue as a major success. And if hero bans are real, then clearly RQ was so good that their willing to make more of these types of changes.

Also I’m pretty sure one of the mods on here explained almost all the polls he saw on here and reddit where by far voting for positive for role queue.

8 Likes

Polls are generally a DansGame.

1 Like

We both know deep down why you posted this thread. Don’t kid yourself. The polls are the best we have, your opposition doesn’t change that, nor do your “decrees”.

12 Likes

Would they admit to failure do you think? Would they come out and say, “we done gucked”? The fact that they spent two months working on an alternative suggests it’s not all happy chappy.

Whatever makes you happy. I think we concluded our discussion nicely. I had nothing more to add to that. The fact that you immediately responded to my thread as soon as I made it is funny though.

1 Like

Whatever bro - you keep on your quest to remove roll queue, its down there with a return of mass -rez.

10 Likes

This argument keeps coming up.

And if it was a huge failure then they wouldn’t have said anything. And they have said before with heros like Sombra, Doom and Brig that they made mistakes.

4 Likes

I like role queue. Why would I want it removed?

I don’t believe deep down you do based on the sum of your comments. But again, you do you.

I see. You’re better qualified to talk about my opinions, than I am. Interesting. I like having the option to use role queue. I don’t like that it’s forced on me as a competitive player.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean we should rely on them to tell us anything, other than supports make up the majority of the forums.

5 Likes

Ya, it’s hard to get any metrics on our own. Best case is to put the polls in as many place as possible but even then they can’t really carry too much weight. Forums, subreddits, and even youtube channels often carry followings that aren’t much more than echo chambers.

I wonder how the percentages change from platform to platform. Like obviously it’s mostly support players here, I wonder if it’s mostly damage players watching Stylosa and voting on his polls, for example?

I’m also surprised there haven’t been any ingame polls. Like, yeah, there’s the email surveys that supposedly get sent out but those seem exceedingly rare. I’ve four acounts myself, and among those not a single one has received a survey, nor has anyone that I know firsthand. I suppose they don’t do ingame polls because people will probably vote “no, screw this” after every loss. Hate role queue if you lose with it, love it if you win with it, that type of thing. That’s pretty much what happened with “rate the quality of your match” iirc

Much less votes and not repeated in other place are two things working against your poll. Beyond that, you don’t really have a basis to claim your poll was invalid even if the other two things weren’t true.

You know it’s a pretty common saying that the official blizz forum is dominated by support players as evidenced by the common attitudes and what people complain about. It’s not surprising that a poll would confirm that.

The argument that DPS players are underrepresented externally is accurate but it completely ignored the number one want of DPS players, guaranteed tank and supports.

The only drawback to role queue as a dps player is the time it takes to get a match. But that can’t be solved because it’s a simple numbers game, more dps players the more time you have to wait.

5 Likes

WHERE IS the link of your poll saying there is more support??

hmm funny that you forget to show us your best point

It was a thread the other day

I actually strongly agree with this post…

But and I ask everyone here this simple question:

Isn’t at the very least interesting that even in social avenues as historically hostile for some reason as these Forums, pretty much every single unofficial poll created here has shown 2/2/2 role - lock to be a clear winner amongst players, with the different concensus being as high as 3:1 in favor of the system a lot of the times??

Answer honestly…

2 Likes