The patch makes the game more fun and that is what matters

There is plenty of other things to do, specially with one of the most mobile heroes in the game. You just choose not to.

Let me say this again, you cannot heal a one shot. Read that slowly and process it.

No it doesn’t.

And it would take a good reaction time and half a second.

Again, you have to AVOID the one shot, if you get hit you are done, not with Hammond being booped.

If you can save yourself you will, otherwise you won’t, it’s a simple as that.

They don’t take a ridiculous amount of time to save themselves. It’s ok that Hammond cannot do that anymore.

I’m not telling you that your “problem” isn’t real, I’m telling you that it isn’t a problem, it should never have been like that and now it’s fixed. We are all now playing with a proper version of that character.

You said that everyone who I quoted were untrue or irrelevant and coincidentally they all disagree with you?

Not in the slighest, maybe in your mind.

I brought up the opinions of other people and what did you do? Say they are all liars and irrelevant.

That is my opinion, so what is the issue there?

I can read just as clearly as you are getting angrier and showing it with this kind of comments.

No, I really haven’t.

Please tell me what else to do while waiting for the other team to come to you?

Not the issue. It’s something you would have died from that the skill is negating.

CAN.

Do you understand potential?

But it negates something that would have killed you and isn’t flying.

But it negates something that would have killed you and isn’t flying.

Except you used to be able to. Which is my entire point. It removes something you used to be able to do that isn’t spinning around the point.

Over 6 seconds isn’t a ridiculous amount of time.

What makes this “the proper version?”. Because it eliminated one annoying low skill tactic that was easily counterable?

It doesn’t follow that everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. YOur examples however are all either untrue or irrelevant. The statement applies to the quotes you used.

YOu also told me that all the tactics I lost weren’t real or could still be done.

Your opinion then is incorrect because I am part of everyone.

imagine that if it helps. But you’re objectively wrong in characterizing these changes as more fun for everyone.

:man_shrugging: I guess if you never tried, you’ll never know.

1 Like

Map control. Good Hammonds are always being annoying to the enemy team, they are not hiding and waiting for a “trap” that might as well fail. As Hammond you are supposed to be rolling around and being anoyying as hell, not wasting your time hanging for half the match.

Let me say this again, you cannot heal a one shot. One shots kill you, you cannot heal a person who has died, it’s impossible.

It just doesn’t happen. Lucio will never ever take those ridiculous amounts of times to save himself because wallride doesn’t even work like that.

Wrong, because as long as you are within distance and reaction time it was never going to kill you, which is different with Hammond, he is completely invulnerable to being booped because of grapple, or should I say, he WAS, but thankfully not anymore.

But you shouldn’t and the devs agree.

Debatable.

As stated by other people, this change doesn’t hurt anyone who knows how to play Hammond properly. There is no reason to complain.

How convenient isn’t it. Then please find me quotes from people who disagree with you whose opinions are perfectly valid and relevant, go ahead I’ll wait.

If you need to abuse a broken mechaninc then it shouldn’t have existed in the first place.

Your opinion is then incorrect because I say so and you cannot challenge that because that would be your opinion only.

I mean, it’s clear to any intelligent individual that I can read, so it baffles me that you ask that, only angry people reduce themselves to comments like that.

I don’t need to abuse a broken mechanic to play the character properly. I can still play Hammond with this change perfectly fine.

Something Tracer can do much better. While harassment is a decent tactic it is not the only viable tactic all the time.

Keep arguing against a point I’m not making.

Several Lucios I’ve booped down Well argue against that.

So because you had a way to counter it, it wasn’t going to kill you. … doesn’t sound any different.

He is not. He can be booped into areas you CANNOT swing out of and can be booped while grapple is on cooldown or can miss his grapple.

The devs tend to ruin a lot of things unintentionally. I will continue to maintain they weren’t intending stop anything but “spin to win”.

Apparent.

So now because you didn’t like the way I played it’s “Improper”. … Right.

it’s not my responsibility to make your arguments or find good arguments for you.

what circular logic.

I am not assuming to make my opinion OTHERS opinions.

OK. Like I said, whatever helps. It’s nice to see the old “U mad?” arguments are still around.

I can still play WB and effectively so, I just now have LESS fun and less options.

1 Like

We are not talking about what Tracer can or should do.

I’m explaining something you didn’t understand.

It takes a couple of seconds for Lucio to get out of there, if they don’t it’s because they don’t want to, and that is a different situation.

The difference as I’ve said is that it CAN kill you, with Hammond it was not the case, but now it is.

If you are booped into an area you cannot get out of then it’s irrelevant, I’m talking about the places where he can. Hammond should be able to save himself but only if he can manage to pull it off.

That is your opinion.

Not me, the devs, ask them, I just happen to agree with them.

If you are going to say that ALL the quotes from those players are lies or irrelevant then yes, find me ones that aren’t to prove that you are not just being blatantly biased in order to defend yourself.

It’s the truth.

And I’m not forcing anyone who I quoted to agree with me, and yet they do.

It’s a psychological truth, it’s the equivalent of a kid getting angry and saying “NO YOU ARE DUMB”.

Because you relied on a broken mechanic to have fun. Like I said, it’s like a McCree player saying they don’t have fun now that FtH cannot melt tanks. I’m sorry but that just wasn’t working for the game and needed to go, same here.

Just because something is fun for you doesn’t mean it’s fun for the rest of us. Most people who have voiced their opinion sure don’t seem like their having fun and for me personally this is torture.

2 Likes

Well then how does ‘changing to be more fun’ have any meaning? By your own argument we could say they are changing it to be less fun, and we’re at the exact same place.

You like the changes, basically, is what it sounds like.

In my opinion, these do nothing to make the game more fun. Hanzo getting to spam even more is annoying for both teams. Ball spinning gets shut down even in Bronze eventually. McCree doing flips hurts a lot of the more quirky characters.

It’s not fun, it’s just random. I think the Dva mech call is a fun change, others find it annoying. We need some sort of definition of fun that we’re aiming for before this has any meaning.

3 Likes

No we’re talking about the most useful thing that Hammond can do in a particular situation. So in the situation that your team has harassers or the other team has been particularly effective against them, a lurk Ambush may be more effective and a valid strategy or useful investment of time.

Therefore not being a harassing force 100% of the time is not invalid.

I understand exactly what you’re saying and implying and am arguing you are selectively picking certain very specific rules to make one wrong and the other OK.

Except that it could still kill you as Hammond if the player didn’t have grapple ready, no points were viable to attach to or it was one of the places you cannot swing back up from.

True, but I have quite a few examples.

You’re extrapolating quite a bit. Because they changed something, everything it affected is deemed “improper” by them.

Just not going to engage on this anymore. You find someone with a counter argument, I’ll react to it. That’s how it works.

:roll_eyes: If something is removed (intentionally or otherwise) and you say it was removed because it was broken, and someone asks what was broken and you say it must have been broken because it was removed. That is circular logic.

So now you’re a psychologist? at best your replies make me tired since they’re so obstinate. You wanna have these side jabs at my mood, keep going, but it’s pretty childish stuff.

I didn’t rely on anything solely to have fun. The tactics I mention just added options which added depth and fun to my games. Removing them reduces that fun.

None of the Tactics I cited were the subject of complaints from other players in any widely accepted forum or platform. The only thing people complained about were: Quick last minute rollouts to spin to win stalling.

I accepted the grapple on cooldown on spawn as a limitation to spawn quick rollouts. It had a direct correlation and effect on them and had very few consequences otherwise.

Spin to win was the other major complaint however this was less of an unfair advantage so much as a tactic that only worked on unorganized teams. THIS was a (debatably) “broken” tactic. Not the rest of the things you can do with grapple that were also affected.

I will continue to play Wrecking Ball and yes, I will adapt. But I will also continue to say they killed a whole swath of tactics just to get rid of spinning around the point.

2 Likes

Fun is subjective of course. I expressed my opinion that I found the changes fun and if you disagree that’s fine, I am aware that there will always be two sides to the conversation.

Most of what I’ve learned about playing Hammond I did by watching high level play and none of that involved “lurk ambush”.

No you didn’t, you said that you can be healed through one shots which is factually incorrect.

The same can be said for any other ability but we are not arguing about availability, we are arguing capability.

I’m not, I’m just stating that the devs are the ones who made the change and I happen to agree with them.

Ok then, this automatically means that anyone whose opinion is different than your is a liar and irrelevant. That is what you are stating.

Exept that is not what I’m doing, that is what you for some reason have concluded in your mind. The reasons are there you just don’t want to see them or accept them.

Says the one who wrote “Can you read?” To another human being simply for challenging your argument. I’m not the one being childish here.

They have “killed” lots of things because they were unhealthy for the game, this is just another example. If part of your fun was related to abusing a mechanic that was unhealthy for the game that is your problem. Just like the example of the McCree player complaining that he cannot melt tanks anymore so his fun is ruined.

Sometimes I wonder if they aren’t posing at normal players to hype up certain patches lol

Because im pretty sure 99% of the player-base hates this.

Nah, they pay me thousands of dollars to do that.

For everyone. It makes the game experience better.

rofl

2 Likes

I mean ok, but they did this to heroes that were already super super good, and left out the rest of the cast

1 Like

for who?? hanzo no ignores cover, and cassidy is uncontestable outside of winning a duel

doesn’t solve his core issues and is another useless buff along with Dva’s remech

sorry you didn’t know how to stun one of the biggest hitboxes in the game that moves in a predictable pattern

but that doesn’t mean you nerf the hero it means you get better.

already an op hero who needed nerfs ESPECIALLY to storm arrows and his tank busting capabilities
this does nothing to bring him back to a sniper state and away from a spammer and actually just makes him even more spammy

Cassidy did not need help either
he was already one of the best dps in the game

more tank busting
exactly what this game does not need

so besides my hot take that moira is fine

this change does nothing but encourage dps moira
you play moira with reinhardt rush
your not going to go with Dva and reaper to contest high grounds
yes if your high sr this allows moira to follow the team up to high ground if they wanted to just jump up there when playing winston rush but she didn’t need that in the first place

I’m glad that your having more fun with this patch but it pushes the game farther down the unbalanced hole.

it makes tank increasingly less fun to play with the DPS buffs, does nothing to buff or help any of the tanks in the game
and doesn’t address damage creep

Don’t bother responding to him.

He’s a troll who comes on here way too often to just counter argue with ridiculous points to get people riled up. Especially if it has anything to do with Cree.

3 Likes

So we go from Cass every game to Cass every game. How fun. What a step in the right direction. Never mind the majority of the community rejected the air roll the previous three times they tried to implement it, the devs’ obsession with forcing hitscans as the best DPS in the game won again.

At least the Moira buff is fun. She’s unironically better than Lucio right now.

i agree except two
reins ( as a rein tank main. and lucio main i think its too over tuned)
and cassidy. he needs a nerf ESPECIALLY in the flash bang range

I’m not a “high” level player. I’m an average to average-high. Ambushes work and are fun. If we only care about high level play, then why are we worried about “spin to win”?

actually what I said was:

because I was saying that any skill that denies a kill is the same thing.

And the availability isn’t up 100% either.

You happen to like what it did. You have no idea what they were trying to accomplish in totality.

here’s where “can you read” comes into it. You aren’t actually responding to what I said, you’re just making wild claims now.

That is what you said:

and your reasoning for calling it a broken mechanic circled back to “because the devs removed it, it must be broken”.

I said can you read because your response completely ignored my reply. It’s a valid question. Given it’s a little rhetorical, but when someone replies with non-sequiturs it’s a valid ask.

So here we are back to this:

Everyone is having more fun… unless you’re not which becomes your problem… but that makes the first statement false.

Great… Glad we could get back here.

1 Like

I definitely want to experience more “teammates blasted into afterlife, despite all my efforts” more often, because it’s definition of fun(spoiler: it’s not).

1 Like