The OW2 shop is well priced, it's been confirmed

Heh, pretty sure Disney does that too on rotten tomatoes. Sad state once great companies are in.

7 Likes

i wrote the wrong word. it’s the silent majority, at least 95% of the players i’d say.

1 Like

well priced. 26 dollars for one skin…hmmmm…well…priced…

No.

9 Likes

That’s not how you troll. You don’t make it that obvious.

9 Likes

They didn’t give us anything free. Those 36 skins had to be watched on YouTube, wasting our time, bandwidth, electricity, and they made money off our viewership by promoting their sponsors. There’s nothing free there man.

3 Likes

im not spending 30 hours on those 36 ugly grey skins, whats the point? i only went for the grand finals for the cool namecard.

1 Like

I’m talking about the new hero looks. You didn’t have to grind for them. Or watch anything.

You are not taking into account everyone who had pre-purchased the battlepass in order to gain access to the beta. That was well before anyone was aware of just how crappy the monetization would actually be.

The reality is that most of those people are the ones who are the most pissed off and unlikely to purchase anything further.

10 Likes

i got watchpoint pack but didnt participate in the beta, im a weird one.

1 Like

The devs and Blizzard who are selling the stuff to make their wallets fat at high prices said the prices were good huh? They must be good prices then. Giving me all your money is a good deal for you. It must also be good then.

3 Likes

Did someone put a gun to their head and make them pay?

Otherwise kinda sounds like they wanted to.

And I say that as someone who has bought no skins from the shop - although that new Symmetra skin looks nice.

Blizzard employee spotted.

5 Likes

You don’t need to coerce someone with physical force. If you don’t want to pay the price, you don’t get anything, there’s no alternative cheaper option.

It’s Blizzard Price or nothing, so if you want the skin you pay the price. You don’t have to shill for it and be like “I love paying $30 for a skin”.

1 Like

Blizzard, fire this intern. They took to the forum before completing their astroturfing trainings.

5 Likes

Sure, but you could always just not buy it if you don’t want to pay $20 for it.

Clearly people were OK enough with the price to pay it.

I liked the Witch Kiriko skin. Did I like it to the value of $20? No. Did some of my friends come to a different conclusion? Yes. That’s fine.

The best value was buying OW1 and getting a chance to collect the overwhelming majority of skins through playing the game.

Devs can talk about what’s good value and what isn’t all they want; the value will never be as exceptional as OW1 was.

6 Likes

lol far-right talking point casually dropped in a bootlicker thread simping for billionare kotick

3 Likes

I don’t like paying $1.50/L for gasoline, but I don’t exactly get a choice. I either pay it or don’t. So I grumble brumble and pay to put the exploding juice in my car.

I could, you know, as you aptly point out, not buy gas for my car, but I can’t be like “make it cheaper” because I want it to be cheaper.

2 Likes

How much of this is from regular players being alienated by the predatory monetization while whales play more to justify their purchases?

2 Likes

Bad comparison because (assuming you’re American in most US cities) you really don’t have a choice. Going car-less isn’t an option. Gasoline isn’t a luxury.

Overwatch skins are not required to play Overwatch. They are entirely optional.

2 Likes