The OW2 shop is well priced, it's been confirmed

I now understand why people say that the forums are just for spreading negativity… If you log in here you’ll just see people whining and saying very weird things like OW2 skins are overpriced. If you go in game you’ll see like 20% of people have already bought a skin, and almost everyone has the mythic genji skin. So in game people really like the OW2 battle pass and think the skins are well priced, if not cheap.

An overwatch developer even confirmed that the bundles are the best way to save the most money when buying items. It’s time to accept that the silent minority thinks that the OW2 shop is fair and well priced.

10 Likes

Just because people pay inflated prices doesn’t mean they want to pay those inflated prices.

86 Likes

Where exactly was this confirmed please?
Do you mean a community manager?

Who definitely did not say this because he thinks so, but this was just a very corporate response to try and make it sound like “Well, it’s a great deal, but we are so kind and give you the option to buy it separately”

45 Likes

Anything over 2$ for a 3d model is overpriced

72 Likes

not a single gamer will argue there, you are absolutely the minority. only thing i disagree with is calling you silent.

23 Likes

“The only merchant that is in this town assured me that his wares were reasonably priced.”

77 Likes

OW2 skins, voicelines, emotes etc are indeed overpriced.
They literally translated legendary skins from 1000 credits to 1900 coins, epics from 350 ? to 1000 :rofl:

Nah dude. I get it that now we have to use coins, but at least do a direct translation.

18 Likes

As I said in another thread, Blizzard has employees on this forum pretending to be random OW players.

Think of how desperate and sad Blizzard has become to stoop this low.

41 Likes

This all depends on how easily you come across money. I think it is a matter of perspective. For some 20 bucks isn’t a lot, but for others it is a huge deal. I think they should cut the price like 30-50% then it seems fair. Remember, everything on the internet is actually worth 0 in real life. So you’re essentially paying for nothing.

5 Likes

Personally I agree. I don’t think they need to be any cheaper

1 Like

A person who says “i don’t think X should be cheaper”, is a person working for the seller.

33 Likes

I’m not working for them I just don’t think that the skins need to be cheaper. If a skin can be easily acquired by everyone then it loses its special appeal. Let’s say if they made all of the skins free? Would you be happy? Because I wouldn’t. There would be nothing really special about using a skin then.

Of course i would be happy, who wouldn’t be happy for getting free stuff? You… you think buying an expensive/rare skin makes it, or you, special? This is so sad…

40 Likes

Really?..
So you want to be special for buying a 20$ skin… I mean, you definitely are special for spending that amount on a skin, I’ll give you that

If you want special skins they should make skins locked behind certain achievements, but not behind a paywall.

33 Likes

Very kindly:

• where does your “20%” come from?
  • Obviously a Battle pass that guarantees you about 5 legendary skins, various contents and a mithix skin sells very easily if it costs only $ 10 instead of paying $ 19 for ONE legendary skin, don’t you think?

It should be fair enough to point out that the prices for ONE skin are definitely too high for the current drop (60 coins per week), but wanting a smaller size, they are too few for the cheapest item in the shop: 100 coins of spray. Is the two-week gameplay worth 1 spray? I don’t think.

And as a final analysis: is it really correct to sell standard skins with the prices of an exclusive? especially selling old skins to players who have never played OW1 … with prices so high that with three skins you basically paid OW1 per dayone in May 2016?

I have absolutely nothing against your criticism on particularly angry forums but … this is not only where it is highlighted how ridiculous the OW monetization problem is, you would have had more credibility if you talked about really ridiculous topics. and the monetization of OW2 … is absolutely ridiculous in any gaming context.

6 Likes

Well they gave all of us 36 new skins for completely free.

I don’t see people celebrating that all that much do you? I’m talking about the new hero looks. They are probably the best looking skins in the game but nobody (to my knowledge) talks about them because they’re free to everyone.

3 Likes

The more expensive a skin is, the more rare a sight it is in the game and less likely you are to encounter another player with it.

1 Like

Sorry, but if you think that buying overpriced cosmetics makes you cool, I don’t know what to tell you.

19 Likes

And why should we accept the opinion of a minority? Wouldn’t it make more sense to listen to the opinion of 90% of the players?

An account with 0 posts praising an abusive monetization system. Bobby, is that you…?

16 Likes

I almost never see other Tyrande Symmetra’s.

2 Likes