The Overwatch Survey 2.0

Recently I saw this mentioned on the forums.

Sadly I did not receive this survey in my email. It seems to just be sent out randomly to the player base. So I made my own version just for heck of it. This is the only survey I’ve ever made so it’s not an exact copy. Knowing nothing about how to make them this is what I came up with. Like I say in the start of the survey I’ve modified the survey. Some things I just didn’t know how to duplicate so I made a judgement call. But beyond that it’s just improving the questions and answers and even adding my own.

To take the survey you will have to be logged into your google account and input your battlenet ID. This was just to do what I could to cut down on spam and trolling.

https://goo.gl/forms/oNuearVaLqrKNdpI3

I didn’t have any reason for making this just felt like it. So if Blizzard wants to use the results it’s up to them.

3 Likes

I posted this to reddit as well and it’s both sad and funny that some people appear to think this is some kind of scam.

Because you are asking people to give their battletag information while logged in from their google account it screams caution as it now is drawing lines for possible scams since there are a lot of people who use the same email account for battle.net.

There was this survey which did the same thing and it wasn’t an issue. I just added it cause I thought it was a good idea.

And like I’ve said on reddit it doesn’t even have to be same account you use for gaming. I would think it’s a rare thing to have only one google account. I have 4 myself and I barely use my email.

I’m just saying why people are skeptical about it. Survey’s don’t need this information regardless of their reasoning behind it especially with it being a private individual asking the survey. If Blizzard was asking the survey it’s different as they already have the information and are using it to verify with their records but you don’t already have that information so what is the point. The battle tag id can be randomly pulled from someone on the forums thus defeating your purpose behind it. Trust is a fickle thing.

1 Like

The only “personal” info being collected is their ID and like you said people can just put in anything. People are thinking I’m somehow going to steal their accounts simply from them taking a survey on the official google site while they’re logged into their account. Which is stupid beyond words really. There is an option to collect email addresses. But if I turned it on people would manually have to input their email address themselves and again they could just put anything they want.

I did it to cut down on spam and trolling like I’ve said before. Trust goes both ways and I’ve experienced enough of the internet to know when there’s an opportunity for people do something bad someone will do it just for the luls. Or if someone has an agenda they will try skewing results.

You gave the exact reason why people question if this is a scam