The Overwatch Empowerment Cup: A community pursuit of equity, inclusion, and competitiveness

Thank you! Good thing you don’t know me any better or you would’ve said much worse :joy:

1 Like

you cool, most people call me a simp so im used to it

That’s the true irony of DEI practices often - they are actually exclusive at their core the more you think about it…

4 Likes

because that’s like a six way split too.

Meaning the prize pool is actually just $500.

And depending where they stay and entry…

This is likely not a netgain.

Apparently making fun of a thread created about a tournament that already ended is grossly racist (what?) and misogynistic?

8 Likes

“Pursuit of equity, inclusion, and competitiveness”
Unless you aren’t part of this demographic. Then you can go to hell. That’s quite inclusive.

12 Likes

You know there likely at least a dozen “Karens” involved in organizing this tourney. So the amount of obvious backstabbing that’s about to go down, might be as entertaining as a trash soap opera.

Either way, I am done here… back to reading “Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp”

3 Likes

Good message but … was there REALLY needed a special tournament to include this type of theme? really?
Are OwL and contenders hopelessly compromised?

isn’t it highlighting the differences that … are you making a difference?

1 Like

Again note the prize pool of 3000/6 = $500 dollars…

Which doesn’t include the cost of entry and such.

It’s really a Trash Soap Opera about to go down.

This is 100% bar none Blizzard trying to virtue signal in the worst ways. I don’t even think virtue signaling is inherently bad: we virtual signal in our Icons or the clothes we wear and such, but it IS a bad thing when your company has a history of grossly sexist harassment, and you want to make a little “empowerment cup” thing now to appear like the good guys.

Also, this “empowerment cup” implies that these people were marginalized by Blizzard and Overwatch. You wouldn’t need to “empower” them if everyone had the power regardless.

Is this true? The tourny is so inclusive that men are excluded? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

From the article:

“The Overwatch Empowerment Cup is a place for women and other marginalized genders to compete and grow their skills in a safe environment.”

Interpret this as you will. My only complaint is they seem to only have advertised it after it already ended…?

4 Likes

“marginalized genders”

What?

2 Likes

Non-binary I assume? I think that’s the right term?

2 Likes

Wow… that’s even worst.

Meaning we missed the trash soup opera.

Backstabbing is already over.

What are you even on about?

Honestly started by how low the prize pool was, then realizing the cost of entry. (making a net lost then a net gain) Then realizing the people involved. Then realizing that alot of backstabbing was going to go down.

And now realizing it’s already over.

Aka A trip that wasted alot of my time.

Would have been nice to have this posted before the tournament. After is kind of weird.

3 Likes

Article does the regular thing articles do… waste our time.

Is it strange to have men/women only competitions? There’s separate men/women tennis at Wimbledon, for example, and I know that women football league is a thing.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s usually because men have an advantage in physical sports so they separate genders to make it more competitive. But I don’t think there’s any advantage in gaming? So idk what the purpose is for separating them.

7 Likes