The only reasonable Mercy change

Resurrect in and of itself is not OP, but Mercy’s base kit is objectively worse than other supports, as shown by her poor stats in comp play pre-rework. The combination of Resurrect on cd (you have it immediately) plus the new utility of Valkyrie is what arguably makes Mercy OP.

1 Like

It’s just a thought because that’s what some people seem to want. The gist of what I hear outside of just longing for days gone by is a sense that she doesn’t have that feeling of a game changing ult like Zen with Trance. I’m not saying I agree with that feedback, just my take away from it.

I’m perfectly happy with where she is right now myself.

Ok, but I’m not talking about the very tiny percentage of the player base I’m talking in general terms where you get 5 dps mains and someone has to heal. Mercy is easy to pick up and use effectively since the difference between her skill floor and ceiling isn’t as large as other supports.

I have trouble understanding your view on Mercy as some posts I get the feeling you think she’s too powerful, but some posts it feels like you’re admitting shes fine. It’s hard to have a discussion when I don’t understand where you’re coming from.

You admit res is a powerful ability, with the player being completely vulnerable for 1.75 seconds in a game like OW that is a huge impact. Res is a high risk high reward ability which is the way it should be, because you’re right res is a very powerful and rewarding ability.

I’m not saying she needs a buff, but I know for a fact she doesn’t need any kind of nerfs.

1 Like

This would literally kill Mercy.

The 2.5s (or even 3s) would be fine if she had no slow.

1 Like

Honestly, I play a lot of Mercy, and I would gladly take a longer standard Rez, maybe even the 3 second one you suggested, if Valk rez could be instant again.

If you save your rez for Valk, you shouldn’t be punished, IMO.

This is not bad idea, actually. Would give players something to do during those 15 seconds of holding mouse button. But 3 second normal res is bit long and going to feel awful with that slow effect.

3 second Rez wouldn’t be bad if they either increased the range on it, or removed the statue-mode and allowed healing during the Rez process.

Or made it where you could Rez yourself, which would be awesome.