The only reasonable Mercy change

Resurrect outside of Valkyrie: Cast time increased to 2.5 seconds (or maybe even 3)

During Valkyrie: Resurrect uses the old animation but now the Resurrect only goes off if the animation completes. (Its a short cast with no movement penalty)

The idea of this change is to weaken Mercy overall but quell the uproar against Valkyrie. Any suggestions to numbers are appreciated but honestly none of us could know what was OP or UP (in terms of numbers) unless we actually played w/ it.

1 Like

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

She is the most picked hero in the game atm, was the most picked hero last stage and is barely picked less than Zenyatta this Stage (still 92% pickrate)

Not as powerful as one would think. And that aside, being immobile for 3 seconds is absurd. Her current cast time is more than long enough to pop a Mercys head off. If the entire enemy team can’t kill a glowing woman in an angel costume standing still near someone they just murdered that’s not Mercys fault.

Not to mention that she’d still be the best pick for mobility and damage boost. I don’t think it would help the other healers that much.

5 Likes

Mercy was garbage in the pro scene before the rework, and she still had mobility and damage boost. Her current power is Resurrect on cooldown + the added utility of Valkyrie.

Most picked doesn’t mean she needs a nerf. Her healing is very consisent and she’s overall an easy support to pick up. Not to mention the only other main healer that can keep up with her is Moira you have two supports to pick from. (Can’t wait for this Ana buff) Mercy is easier, of course she’s going to have a higher pickrate. (Not to mention there are tons of people who do enjoy playing Mercy no matter what state she’s in.)

3 Likes

I don’t think that Rez needs to be longer outside of Valk than it already is.

6 Likes

Her being easy means literally nothing for high ranked Overwatch and OWL. As for the point about “Main Healers” high ranked Overwatch doesn’t even used that definition. If you’re picking Mercy, you’re likely picking her over Lúcio (unless you’re running a moth Pharmercy comp). Lucio hasn’t had major changes (2.0 was before the Mercy rework) and any impact the ult change made has been negated by his recent buffs. Meanwhile, Mercy was reworked. It wasn’t the rework that propelled Mercy into a state of being OP, and she seriously needs to be put in check.

Only if you make the ability cd 18s instead 30.

3 Likes

Unearned resurrect was a mistake outside of the ultimate to start with. I’d much rather it be earned, replaced or somehow be part of the ultimate. Either way the ultimate needs some power taken from the standard kit and put back into it again perhaps, as right now her standard kit is more powerful than her ultimate (if you can call it an ultimate).

2 Likes

What so she can literally Resurrect every death? By the time the death timer runs out on the first person, you will already be able to Resurrect the next person.

Simply a 2,5s or 3s for cast time it is huge. So it is more difficult to do it. So, less cooldown to make the ability an ability. 30s cd and 3s cast time are too huge.
At this point, make Rez again an Ultimate, Mass Res and 2s of cast time to rez her team.

1 Like

A revert with nerfs would make Mercy next to useless. She was already bad outside of solo q.

Resurrect is by far the most powerful ability in the game, comparable to some ultimates. It should have extreme barriers to its use as compensation.

We should wait Symmetra’s rework and her teleport as ability :wink:

1 Like

We don’t even know the cooldown or how many people it can take per use. If we had more information I would probably agree but like, we don’t. You’re just guessing without important details.

i always felt that rez, for how extreme it is, doesn’t have enough barriers of use to disincentivize ever picking her

if people complain about “how bad” valk is, they could at least nerf base rez some more and putting a little bit of that power into valk

So, I don’t really think that Mercy needs any changes. But you are very close to the idea that I had to maybe adjust her based on the recurring feedback.

My thought would be that during Valkyrie, similar to you, Rez would have a brief cast time, but not significant.

The difference is that in my idea she would get 2 charges during Valk but it would be removed entirely outside of Valkyrie instead of just being weaker.

My reasoning being that it would remove power from Mercy outside of her ultimate, but it would make Valk feel a lot more powerful. Overall, the hope would be the two could balance each other out or we could tweak from there if they didn’t.

In fact i said “We should wait”.
Then we’ll talk better.

I mean, I can see tying down Resurrect into her ultimate, but I think that it would make for an Old Sombra type of hero where you almost just win every fight with ult for free but lose most fights without it. Imo that’s bad design but eh. The Megathread is still getting posts.

Scuse me, mercy main dropping in to ask a question regarding resurrect.

Why do people think its OP? Cause i can tell you right now it isn’t, just want to know people’s opinion on it.

Now, onto the thread. A weaker mercy but more powerful during her ult is something that I agree with. She SHOULD be powerful during her ultimate.

3 Likes