The only counter for Doomfist, is a full team against him

There are no single counters to Doomfist.

Doomfist can destroy any “counter” that people claim he has. Doomfist can instantly destroy McCree, Sombra, Brigitte and so many more heroes. But no hero can destroy Doomfist like he can them. You can flash the Doomfist, but then you have to kill him, and considering Doomfist’s insane mobility, it might be difficult to pull off a flash that gives you the opportunity to also shoot him. You can hack the Doomfist, but then you have to kill him. Even if a Doomfist is hacked, he can take out a Sombra with his primary fire. A Brigitte can Shield Bash you, but then she will die because she cannot defeat him.

Even with 3-4 players trying to focus the Doomfist, they lose, because Doomfist will most likely destroy at least 2 enemies before he either dies or runs away. And the rest of the enemy team that weren’t focusing the Doomfist, they probably died to the rest of Doomfist’s team because it was a 5v2.

The ONLY thing that can destroy a Doomfist, is another Doomfist. But that’s not going to happen because most players who play Doomfist really well probably have a lot of experience, while someone who simply tries to take out the enemy Doomfist by playing Doomfist got a lot less experience. So, it’s quite obvious who’s going to win there.

The minor changes to Doomfist in the PTR patch is not enough to deal with Doomfist. There needs to be a rework for his kit, he is not suitable for Overwatch.

There are so many things you could do rather than changing some numbers, and that’s to make his seismic slam fixed, so he cannot turn mid-air. Perhaps make it a bit quicker to compensate for the no turning. The Rocket Punch should also become weaker every time it passes a shield, sort of as if the Doomfist initially did not charge it up completely.

22 Likes

Roadhog.
Backline Sombra.
Next.

6 Likes

But then you have a Sombra…

22 Likes

Roadhog cannot kill a Doomfist who got shield from his abilities.

Sombra is equal to Doomfist, not necessarily a counter. Unless you’re talking about Doomfist being hacked in the middle of a full enemy team. But that doesn’t really help the case to argue for a single counter against Doomfist.

Listen people. Forum Doomfist only exists in a vacuum and at top pro play.

15 Likes

Your Cree/Sombra should play defensively vs Doom. Doom’s value comes from diving players and they can destroy him if they wait for him. Sombra literally just has to hold RMB and there is absolutely no counterplay unless he’s perfectly bubbled every time.

Hog doesn’t need to kill insta-kill Doom if Doom somehow has enough shields to survive the combo. Just hook him back down to the ground, cripple him with combo, and he should die before his CDs come back.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this feels like the play when I’m on McCree. Against a good doomfist, 9/10 times I’ll get instakilled unless I’m way in the backline waiting for him to dive someone else.

3 Likes

I just played a game where the enemy Doomfist never died once. He had two healers on him, and a Zarya giving him heal and bubble. He was able to kill our full team in every push. We even had a Pharah, but because it was on Numbani and the skybox is so low, the Doomfist was able to reach Pharah mid-air and destroy her as well.

Even with Sombra and McCree, he was unstoppable because he had both supports with him and a Zarya giving him bubble. There was no way for us to take out the healers either, because the Doomfist just destroyed you before you even could do that. Even if you did take one out, we still died by the Doomfist.

He is way too overpowered when he is played by a good player.

3 Likes

I’m beginning to think that Doomfist as the infinity gauntlet on his hand the way some people speak about him

1 Like

It may be different depending on which rank you’re in, but between platinum - diamond it’s a mess.

People speak of Doomfist as if he got all the counters in the world, that he is the easiest hero to counter and kill, but my in-game experience tells a whole different story.

He is unstoppable in many cases, and he can instantly destroy several enemies and still got plenty of health left. That is OP and should not be a part of the game.

It’s insane that this has been going on for so long in Overwatch. It’s no wonder streamers are quitting the game.

3 Likes

Could explains the amount of dumb whine threads about him, he just snaps everyone.

As for the OP, I just need a Mccree.

5 Likes

Thinking devs nerfed “symmetra”
Doomfist nerf was inevitable

I have found Ashe a pretty good counter to DF. Easy headshot (or 2) when you get uppercut and Coachgun messes up his combos

3 Likes

he’s being patched.
but that’s not going to change that his biggest advantage, is people not using high ground. ever!

you can shoot him 1-4 times before he gets to you on high ground.

Roadhog
Mei
McCree
Sombra
Pharah
Torbjörn

Want me to list his soft counters as well?

1 Like

Not fair. Pharah counters basically anyone not a mid/long range hitscan. Such a fun hero.

Sure, unless the Doomfist is smart enough to play around hog with his suprior mobility. And if hog misses his hook (which every hog does) Doomfist can do whatever he wants until hog gets it back. If Doomfist dives someone in hog’s team it’s not that easy to land the hook because the Doomfist is in constant motion until he reaches max height on his uppercut and by then alot of doomfists have already killed the squishy and gotten enough shield to survive hog’s combo

Don’t make me laugh. Mei have to really outplay a Doomfist to counter him. He moves too fast for her to reliably hit him with right click and only a really dumb doomfist allows himself to be frozen by her, and even then he probably have enough shields to survive her crit icicleand he can knock her away and escape

All Doomfist has to do is to wait to engage a Mccree until he don’t have a full mag anymore. When Doomfist slams and uppercut Mccree he can’t use his roll so he’s stuck with what he got in his mag and you can’t kill Doomfist with that. Mccree can kill Doomfist but Doomfist can kill Mccree just as much

Yeah, because she’s so viable right now. And to be effective she has to babysit the backline so Doomfist can work the frontline in those cases. She is the hero that causes him the most problems though

Yeah, too bad Pharah herself is hardcountered by Widow. A Doomfist can kill Pharah surprisingly often considered he’s supposed to be a close up melee hero close to the ground

Torbhorn which has the easiest hit box for Doomfist to hit all his pellets with. Torb counters tracer better and that didnt help so much back when she was at her peak

And Doomfist has the unique ability to make his counters worse by diving them and bombarding them with CC. It’s much harder to land shots when you’re constantly getting dislocated and that works in Doomfists favour

Partly because he is waiting in high ground. Especially on defence

I think you misspelled “Widow”.

The title for this post works for all heroes.

No one person should be hard countering anyone. It is a TEAM game after all.