The official Mei fanclub

I also like slip n stream tracer, cyberdemon zarya, and goblin junkrat

2 Likes

I haven’t seen them because I’ve only played a bit of Heroes of the Storm on a friends laptop before. Really must be great skins for people to want in Overwatch.

1 Like

I don’t play hots, but I’ve seen the skins and they’re amazing. There’s so much demand for them, I don’t know why they haven’t added them to overwatch yet

2 Likes

They say Mercy will never be added because a bunch of her skills are already scattered among existing toolkits. Mercy being ported to HOTS would be the only thing they could do to get me to play that game again. But yeah, porting HOTS skins to OW would be great.

3 Likes

I might start playing hots if Mei was ported to it

2 Likes

It’s a great game, but I was a one-trick on a character they totally wrecked. I guess I could have tried to learn other characters, but the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth.

It’s got a big staff and they keep adding heroes and skins to it. Playing both OW and HOTS at the same time might be a bit much on the wallet, though – they have a LOT of stuff in loot chests, there.

1 Like

I don’t normally spend money on games, as long as the thing I want can be obtained through means other than paying money

HOTS’s overall level is your total level of all heroes. If you constantly play, you’ll get loot chests, and you can use the gold you earn to buy heroes to play. Gold can also reroll loot chests, but I think that’s a colossal waste of gold.

Everything in HOTS is cosmetic, though, except for the heroes themselves. If you earn enough gold you can unlock heroes, and you can get heroes in loot chests, too. But, it’s not like OW, where you have the whole roster of heroes at the start. HOTS always runs a set of promotional heroes at any given time, but you have to use gold to buy them to get them permanently. Various heroes cost more or less depending on rarity. The newest hero tends to be 15,000 gold, most legendary heroes are 10,000. However, there are many effective heroes that have a low rarity and are easy to buy. You can use real money (“gems”) to buy skins and heroes.

I personally like the OW system more.

I don’t really like the idea of buying heroes, although it’s the system a lot of games use. I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out I could play every hero straight away when I first opened overwatch

I wish Mei had a scientist skin.
I also love the side of Mei that the community gave her. How she’s “evil” and “the devil” I think that’s hilarious, she should have an evil laugh emote, or a highlight intro about it, creepy face and glowing eyes, the full yandere experience!
As a joke, of course.

1 Like

I think she should get a Satan skin for Halloween. Some people think the Mei is Satan meme is bad or unoriginal or whatever, and I never really understood this. I guess maybe if you’re a Christian Mei mein you wouldn’t really like your favourite character being portrayed as Satan

1 Like

They have no problem giving mercy a devil skin, I don’t see why Mei can’t get an evil highlight intro/emote.
Those stuff are optional, anyways

1 Like

I know, it seems like heaps of people hate the idea of Mei being Satan, but everyone is fine with mercy having a devil skin even though it doesn’t fit her as well. I’d love it if they’d embrace more overwatch memes, like they did with dad 76 and gremlin dva

It’s the same reason that would keep Mei from being added, most of her kit Is already In the game In some capacity, I would love her to be added, but making her unique would be very difficult :frowning_face:

In fairness, the Imp and Devil skins for Mercy are probably the worst she has. I personally don’t like the evil theme for Mercy, either, but also it just seems that graphically they are not as good as a lot of the other Mercy skins.

I think for Mei the best theme would be “innocent evil.” Like, “Oh my Gosh, did I just refrigerate poor little you?! My bad!”

Yah, Jaina has a lot of ice mage stuff already.

1 Like

I never really liked the imp and devil skins. They don’t really look a lot different to the default skin besides their colours, and the horns look weird too

The tail grosses me out the most. It’s kinda the reverse of Archangel Diablo skin in Heroes of the Storm, but I dont’ think it was carried out as well.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the tail. I don’t really like how it moves around on its own, like some sort of snake

It just kinda makes her look gross. There are games where they did the “sexy succubus” concept really well, without anything explicit, of course, but they didn’t pull it off well with Imp/Devil.

1 Like

I just hope if they get Mei an evil skin, it’ll be a fashion success. Cause to be evil, one must look good!

2 Likes