The next dev update is make or break for them

Such as? I don’t recall much community feedback being taken seriously. Personally, I found that the few outcries that Blizzard has listened to ultimately helped the game. But the pro scene has since stolen Blizzard’s ear and are the deciding factor in recent and future balance changes.

12 Likes

Yeah, I am curious too, which ones were community led?

Ow league is the most important thing actually. I wanna hear more about it.

But that doesn’t mean they can reduce the actual content for that.

1 Like

That’s the forums for you:
,Everyone look at me! I’m the next messiah I speak only the truth about subjects I know nothing of the true statistics on!’

4 Likes

sombras as many would actually wish to deny, a lot of the community wanted sombra nerfed during that, it wasnt just pro players, that was a joint effort of both community and pro players.

Lets see, dive stopping was wanted by the community and that ended up with brig, most pro players were fine with dive continuing.

I would have to go through every single change to find everything.

and now the community wants ana nerfed, isnt that fun.

1 Like

I sort of agree. Unless they presents something actually interesting soon I’m ready to move on to other games. Adding a new hero and a new map now and then simply don’t cut it anymore.

Look at Hammond. It was fun for a week and now we’re just back to the same old game. The events are on repeat. The new social features was a wast of everyones time…

9 Likes

There is nothing else in this direction gamewise. That is why it will survive long. Blizzard knows that for sure so of course they will put their effort in the league who gets them sooo much more money than the game ever did.

Sombra was nerfed before she even left PTR. There were concerns but there wasn’t a huge outcry like there was in the pro scene and I’ve frequented the forums a lot since release.

As for dive, that was moreso community side I agree, but Blizzard was probably also tired of their game being played with dive all the time. Brigitte was unnecessary and if Sombra was properly bug fixed instead of nerfed and reworked, she could have dealt with dive herself.

Of all the games that have an esport, a small amount of the player base watches the sport so they are all in the minority.

1 Like

brig was necessary unless you wanted to gut every single dive character that wasnt a support or make non dive characters extremely overpowered. That is what it wouldve taken otherwise

The game may be in its most unfun state but its also in its most balanced state.

1 Like

Did you not read what I said? Sombra was already an issue for tanks since she hard countered them. Instead of fixing, tweaking and playing with Sombra’s kit to make her more useful against dive.

Dive heroes would not need a nerf. Now we have Brigitte who does the exact same thing that PTR Sombra did to tanks before she was nerfed.

I don’t think you’ll find much agreement with that statement here on the forums.

1 Like

Based on what? The pros really only used her when running Pharah and I think they were fine with that.
The general community is the reason for her rework.

3 Likes

okay, i can agree with your 1st statement, but brig does not do the same thing sombra did to tanks.

Brigitte has a 1s stun on what was a 5s cd now a 7s cd, sombra had a 6s 90% stun on a 4s cd, brig is nowhere close to how bad sombra feels on tanks

1 Like

Emphasis on this.

1 Like

Are you kidding? Mercy was reworked because the pros who played DPS would constantly cry that their Q was countered by another Q. Also, Mercy players were constantly belittled by pros for being carried through the ranks.

9 Likes

that was not just pros, that was 50% of the community.

like the pros were indeed the primary cause of a lot of things, but the mercy rework was not just a pro thing.

7 Likes

Unfun for some, like most Mercy mains, and people who still can’t (or simply don’t want to) play around Brigitte, who’s arguably in a pretty balanced state right now.

The Sombra changes were a knee-jerk reaction to OWL players who didn’t want to adapt to her. You won’t have much trouble finding quotes from various pro players to that effect. The Sombra we have now is a mess.

6 Likes

oh i know the pro players reactions, but sombra before brig and especially during that 2 week of bug, was the most oppressive thing to tanks, and ticked off anyone that did get hacked because it was basically a 90% stun that lasted 6 entire seconds

A cc created comp has been created in pro play, and it doesnt even involve brig, the cc creep is real and will continue growing until we get anti CC, nerfing CC across the board will just bring back mobility and possibly even stronger now due to hammond, nerfing CC is not going to balance the game.

And those are pretty much the only voices that matter. Reddit, being what it is, is not a credible source of feedback. Going by the forums and various pro players, a majority wants Mercy to be reworked again.

1 Like