The new punishment in Comp is too much

It’s crazy how ya’ll come at them when they literally said they never leave games and it was a one off thing.

1 Like

i like the new system…it sucks if your connection isnt good or your computer has technical glitches…but this game has a very competitive qp and arcade…so you should figure out those problems before you play comp. But honeslty, we needed to crack down on the self minded players ruining other players experiences…whats more important here…the few or the overwhelmingly many.

3 Likes

you have a power and internet problem need you to fix, more important than some SR

1 Like

That is because it is the same infuriating excuse everyone uses. They all claim to be innocent, and no one can ever believe how it “just happened!” and to them, of all people! It’s hard to believe the OP, whether he is telling the truth or not, simply because the occurrence is so frequent. If he is (good luck proving it), then it is real a shame, and sure, I would even say I feel sorry for him for the setback. But, if his connection truly is rock solid and he never leaves his games as he claims, then he will make up for the lost SR as he keeps playing. If these connection problems of his are (or start to become) commonplace, then he needs to look into fixing them, instead of ruining comp not just for himself, but also for the 11 other people who were stuck with him every time he disconnects. Blizzard cannot fix his personal computer, Internet, or grid issues at his place. Other innocent players should not have to bear the burden of those—possibly like the OP—who refuse to fix their problems, especially when going easy on the SR losses and light on punishments due to chronic problem connections only enables throwers to abuse the same methods to further their agendas.

3 Likes

Are you at liberty to publish the new suspension tiers?

Wasn’t it previously something like 10 mins, 30 mins, 2 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours, remainder of season?

You are correct, that is what it use to be.

I, personally, did a suspension test to find the new values and published it here: "Ranked Leaver Penalty Adjustment" (UPDATED #2) - #14 by Eyevou-1808

(Thanks AikoGinji for linking the thread :blush:)

2 Likes

I tried but didn’t understood how it work.

Why is op complaining if it was one off thing then? One off thing is 15 minute ban, thats all.

I don’t know. Nor do I care much.

You obviously do when you typed the response to me. It doesnt matter if he is leaving on purpose or not.

2 Likes

I didn’t say I don’t care about what I said and what you said. I’m saying I don’t care if he’s complaining about a one off situation.

Open queue loses 100 sr.

Is that certain? Increasing SR penalty just makes games less balanced as people can easily derank for 400 SR without throwing games.

edit: It isn’t, still 50. Just tried it 9/21/2020.

If the ‘fair matchmaking’ crowd is right, dropping 400 SR shouldn’t give them any easier games since their MMR is still right where it was before.

1 Like

You could connect a battery back up to your monitor,pc and router. If you are that worried about short power surges.

3 Likes

I understand why they do it, but punishing players for leaving a video game is kinda stupid to me. I guess this is the best policy they could come up with, I’m just surprised at how dysfunctional and backwards it seems. Surely someone more intelligent than me can come up with a better system that isn’t so disruptive if someone disconnects. Then there would be no need for penalties and players could come and go as they please as they have since the beginning of video games.

Im on console so that wouldnt work.

It can also be done with a console. Yes, it still applies.

1 Like

Easily derank 400 sr is ban now if you leave one more. And it has nothing to do with balance anyway. Leaving games wont change your mmr.

haha this dudes never had to pay for his own internet or set it up telling you right now.