The new PTR proves the devs dont listen

He didn’t spend the year writing any story so who knows?

For the record, I think Shadowstep is mostly fine.

I am a tank main and I do like the patch.

Armor ws a bit OP. The changes also make a difference for headshots, which is a good think for skilled players and has some kind of logic.

Reaper needed some buff. We thought about shadow step, but this new buff will improve his current gamestyle (hide first, kill then).

Most affected tanks are Orisa and Dva, because the ammount of armor they have and their critboxes (and DM nerf).

I am afraid of Orisa future, but maybe developers will buff her sometime in the future. Same for DVa.

I generally agree with you, though I am curious on the Orisa point. She’ll die much faster, true. But her health pool was always kinda eh anyway and she plays at safe ranges in most situations too. The armor nerf also increases her damage on other tanks by quite a bit, more so than every other tank, except Hammond. So I’m not sure whether it will hurt or favor her more. Definite mixed bag.

(accidentally replied to no one on the deleted post. Says the same thing though)

It’s like Blizzard’s zouping up a car with a bigger engine, but leaving it with the flat tire it came in for.

did you forget when they buffed reaper spread, turned out to be a nerf and consequently fixed it?
Remember when ana was grossly overnerfed?
Remember 150 dps mercy?
Or the fact that orisa had 200 ammo and an ult that charged in literally 2 seconds.

Still, it’s too early to demand compensation buffs. We need to see how this patch actually changes the game, the meta and the hero interactions.
It’s a big patch that fundamentally changes the game (something overwatch desperately needed), so we need to see what really happens.

I’d like a compensation buff to orisa to, but maybe… what if she ends up turning into a massive goats counter, now that armor doesn’t impede her damage and can safely shoot goats before they cross any choke?

C. One of the easiest to counter ults in the game

Mccree says Hi.

This is what proves they don’t listen?
Not the FTH fiasco? Not the Sym 3.0 failure? Not the Torb 2.0 failure? Not the Iconclad issue? Not the 832 Doom buffs that went live? Not the Lucio problems? Not the Junk projectile feedback? Or the Brig feedback? Or the Brig post-nerf feedback? Or the LFG feedback? Or the customs feedback? Or the arcade feedback? Or the report system that’s been complained about for 2+ years? Or all the OWL issues?

Nah, this is totally what proves it. Yep.

isn’t he regarded as straight up better except turret health?

And what 800 Doom buffs? He got 5 bugfixes 2 buffs and 5 nerfs since hes live.

all i see on these forums is whining and no one is giving a good way to fix what they are whining about (and the sad thing is prolly only 5% played the ptr). everyone just watched a pro vid, saw him in the perfect situation use an ult, and now everyone is freaking out about it.

also THIS IS PTR a.k.a PUBLIC TEST REALM if you dont think it is going to do anything, get in the PTR and test it. or even better there is a way you can make custom game and mess around with the heroes so go in there, mess with the settings and try to make reaper better. like guys you cant come in here and whine without any feedback besides “this sucks because it does”. if you came to a cartepter and said make me something for my house, you would have an idea of what you wanted made you wouldn’t just say its a thing and does things and then get mad at him when he made you a door when you wanted a bed frame. help the devs out instead of constantly attacking them, tell them what you dont like, and heres an idea, tell them what you think they could fix. also dont be a jerk about it either, dont attack the devs and say “you suck cuz you cant do this”.

Oh yeah, too bad Michael Chu was too busy writing that because he could’ve been balancing heroes otherwise. /s

This is almost like the devs are trying to balance the game according to meta rather than listening to random rants on the forum.

The game suffers from tank heavy meta. It needs antitanks. Reaper is antitank. He can be effective because he can get easily mowed down up close against tanks. Also lots of armor plus healing kinda makes his damage useless.

Devs: Buff self heal. Nerf armor. He can counter tanks 10x better now.

Reaper player: Let me whine about this on the forums.

idk if this was sarcasm or not but chu isnt a dev he does storyboard

It’s sarcasm. OP implied that soldier being gay had anything to do with balancing so I made fun of that.

ok just being sure :smiley:

I’ll add a sarcasm tag to be sure because you never know if people are serious about this stuff on this distinguished forum.

It’s almost as if replacing an ability requires more time and iterations than buffing existing ones.

Ah yeah, remember when Reaper had no teammates?

That may have been true more often than not before the buff. But unless they see the reaper before he pops his ult, or the Reaper decides to go for a ‘glory ult’ instead of securing one or two priority targets, he is going to be able to more affectively secure kills in and outside of his ult, without having an overreliance (or ANY reliance now) on pocket-healing .

And with the Nerf to defense matrix, he can at least get a second+ off before Dva can pop it again if he or his team baits it out first, or wait until Dva’s de-meched, which is what he should do anyways.

And while you say I’m proposing a best-case scenario, you are proposing the worst case scenario.

The reality is that any/every Ult can be rendered completely and utterly ineffective when used improperly. The examples that you mentioned are a part of counter-play.

The goal is to either eliminate your opposition, or push them outside of their optimal defensive positioning BEFORE you use your ultimate. And after you’ve hit a certain point, you AUTOMATICALLY know exactly what your main can survive. You know if it’s optimal or not, and if you don’t, you need to pay more attention.

That is going to be true no matter what changes they make, you are arguing against any type of counter-play whatsoever… Meaning every single ultimate should automatically result in a six person teamwipe if they are in the vicinity of the ultimate, and that’s just not realistic or fun.

If your argument is that he cannot consistently secure one or two elims Without 95% of the roster countering it, then that might be something to consider… but, as it stands he has never really had that problem outside of goats, and DEFINITELY doesn’t have it NOW.

My point really was about people asking for more when they’ve been getting nothing but more for months in end.

And that’s my point, if XQC or Seagull says something then it’s actually real… But until one of the elite players acknowledge an issue, everything’s fine.

And as soon as they do say something, everyone immediately adopts it as if it is biblical law.

Personally, I feel that blizzard should talk to the people who are the best, or have the most actual experience M play time with a hero before they change it.

Because, if you ask me it’s not just Sym. I can name a half-dozen or more heroes that were far better, more viable, and more fairly balanced, before blizzard started messing with them at the request of the most vocal minority.