The more I hear about Supports in OW2, the worst it seems

Really hope they bring that around someday.

Would insert an “Someday over the rainbow” video but making a salad.

edit:

Would be nice if they displayed how “strong” they really are… or maybe just talk about the “reasoning” a bit more.

(next day edit: please stop by “(Mig) art of ow delayed by a month and half” because it’s actual news and needs more highlight, aka want a response from Andy or a Dev about it.)

9 Likes

Well so far they have said that supports are safer in 5v5 and not cannon fodder so far.

They are still experimenting and I hope they do show off something that would make the support role more desirable.

7 Likes

I agree. Looks like I will not play support in OW2 lol

11 Likes

But tanks are far weaker, so tank dies and team fight is over. Rinse and repeat till you get tilted and quit playing OW2.

2 Likes

Actually they say that is true if anyone dies on the team. Each life is more important since it can cause the lost of a team fight.

About the only thing they could do to make this system seem to work is faster respawns and closer spawn points. That way team fights are over in seconds but it doesn’t take nearly as long to regroup and try again. Not enough to “endless stall” but if they want quick times to kill and no protection from a 2nd tank it seems like the better option.

Other wise it’s the respawn simulator and walking about 20+ seconds to get to the match you die in 2 seconds to is no fun.

5 Likes

…Somehow they kind of thinking is gonna get Mercy kicked out of the game. (Or reworked from reviving heroes to something else…)

Which means anyone who doesn’t play as a team will be smoked and reported till they are perma banned.

1 Like

Well they do keep mentioning how you’ll be spamming heals on a single tank to make them die slower, like that is some kind of benefit.

5 Likes

do you mean “somewhere over the rainbow” (the wizard of oz song)? or am I out of a loop about some meme or something?

Maybe this one

Yeah…in THEIR playtests. The pros playtests revealed otherwise.

Pro playtests > Blizz playtests

11 Likes

Yes I have noticed that as well, but they spoke about playing a later build than was shown where Sombra has been nerfed.

Basically everything is in flux and nothing is nailed down yet except 5v5 is a certainty.

I truly hope supports are fun to play in OW2.

Most plat players (and even some diamond players) are extremely passive so of course supports are safer in their playtest. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree we never got to see it (apart from Baptiste killing everyone) but they’ve explained the reasoning to death and I’m not sure we’d gain anything.

At this point, it’s simply just whether you believe the reasoning or not.

Lol no. Pro playtests are DIFFERENT to Blizzard playtests.

I don’t know why people think their games are closer to the pro games than the Blizzard games.

Unless you are trying out for the Florida Mayhem this Autumn, your games are NOTHING like what we watched from the pros.

That said, BOTH are needed so hopefully they keep having both as I believe they should balance around the high end of ability.

I want to note that as far as I have heard, any of the current maps for OW will not be changed when converted over to OW2. Which means no respawn point movement, and no remakes of maps to do away with horrendous chokepoints.

If that has changed, I haven’t heard about it yet.

To be honest it’s a scobby doo mystery where they want Support to go and be in OW2

1 Like

Really? I think new Brig sounds amazing and I can’t wait to play her. Always wanted her to be more DPSey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think we can all agree that if they don’t make them good or fun to play, they’re gonna have a biiiiiiig problem on their hands.

As tank role lost their defence power in OW2 and become a brawler, sniper and bomber would be more impactful in team fight than other dps. Therefore, healer should get some sort of new utility to compensate the healing loss.

Direction for buffing healer to compensate the healing loss:

• Healing also increase damage.

• Single target healing reduce damage taken from sniper and bomber. Rework Lucio E skill to single target.

• Reduce ultimate cost.

Daily reminder for hero rework:

Tank: Winston, Wrecking Ball, D. Va, Orisa, Zarya

DPS: Doomfist, Torbjohn, Symmetra, McCree

Healer: All healer