The Mercy damage boost "nerf"

I have good news if you think the damage boost has been nerfed.
Geoff Goodman said they are looking into buffing it.

I’m positive this wasn’t meant as a nerf to mercy specifically, just something they had to change to make Baptiste’s ult work (probably net coding 'n stuff, i’m no programmer).

A buff is coming (maybe). Keep calm.

ps: also, baptiste doesn’t “delete” mercy. They do two different things and have completely different mobility and abilities. Immortality drone is not mass rez.

3 Likes

Maybe.

Emphasis on maybe.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to hear about Mercy players complaining about this too.

I’d like to see maybe a - 10% damage taken buff to it or something to help her sustain more. It’s a struggle.

usually if they get to the point that they say they’ll do something, it usually means they are already toying with it.

Curious what kind of buff they could do that isn’t a straight % buff, which we already know won’t happen because of damage breakpoints.

Whatever it is, I hope it has nuance and raises her skill ceiling, because that is ultimately the gripe here.

Ok but on the other hand the devs have stated that fans treating maybes as commitments is one of the reasons they barely communicate. And thats exactly what you’re doing.

I’m not the kind of person that would get mad at that.
And i go by how they act, usually if they post here it means they are pretty far into testing something.
Still, it means Geoff is willing to make mercy “feel better”.

I believe that keeping calm is wise. I also believe that we should still take the quote with a grain of salt.

At the moment, we only know that Geoff is aware that damage boost needs to be improved in regards to this patch, or in the very least, wants to make it feel better (whatever that may mean). However, they never actually confirmed whether they are working on an actual buff or just some QOL tweaks.

It sounds like potential buffs in the future, but I’d keep a healthy amount of speculation on what it actually turns out to be once the patch goes live (if it does). Regardless, I’m certainly hopeful. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Yeah, and you coulda focused on that, their commitment to trying to make Mercy feel better, instead of saying they’re 100% going to buff the damage boost.

This is the Mercy army you’re dealing with, afterall.

It most likely won’t happen, at least not in any % increase.

It’s stated

So any % increase is immediately a no go.

However I’m not sure how they’d make damage boost “feel better”, but at most there will be minor tweaks to how it works or something.

Yup makes sense it was a universal change necessary for Baptiste’s ult to work.

1 Like