The Mercy Community Problem

I am saying that if you are to try to convince someone to your side that Mercy needs a change, that you need to make an argument for someone who doesn’t already agree with you. If I already held your position and said “Yeah I agree, Mercy doesn’t feel fun right now.” thats fine. However, that isn’t the case most of the time. And someone who doesn’t agree with you, isn’t going to find any argument generally when someone says that a hero isn’t “fun”. I am asking that said person making this argument evaluate what makes that character not “fun” and expand on this. If you are not, you are actively choosing to not partake in the possibility of convincing someone that your argument is worthwhile.

3 Likes

You’re expectations make no sense. If people find the fun aspect of Mercy as an issue, they will be suggesting things that make her fun. Whether it is likely to get implemented or not is an after-thought.

2 things. The things you suggest are more likely to be dismissed because of how ridiculous they are. Secondly, this is false. They’ve never once said that Valkyrie and Resurrect are here to stay.

7 Likes

Wait a second… Hold on…

Oh snap. Right there. I understand there are people who are constructive with their criticism. I acknowledge this in the very beginning. And I have no problem with people doing this. However, maybe you were just giving this to me so I can read this mega thread, just to share. And if that is the case, then thank you, I’ll take a look at it later.

5 Likes

I think you’re assuming that Mercy players want to convince you, sway your opinion, when not necessarily - they are probably just simply describing how she feels to them. Everyone’s perspective can be important, especially if someone plays said hero all the time. However, “Impactful” is much less a matter of opinion. Mercy’s current ult has little purpose, after all the nerfs it’s nothing but a slight buff to things she already does without it. I bet a single-person rez (only instant) would be much more impactful.

12 Likes

I mean… her ult right now can potentially heal her entire team through a team fight if they are grouped, or increase the combined damage her team by 30%. Idk if i would call that “little purpose”. As I said earlier, fixing mercy isn’t easy. Her kit would be hard to rework, and not everyone feels that it needs one. And I would have to ask. If someone makes a topic without any real reasoning behind why they don’t find mercy fun, whats the point of making it? Hoping for a mega thread to spawn where someone has something more useful to say? I mean it’s not like there aren’t other topics with the same thing being said that could be posted there. Bogging down the forums with those sort of posts are just going to annoy people and make them less receptive to your problem.

No, these behaviors are not against the ToS (Or at least some of the are not, however these behaviors can still be witnessed before the aforementioned action by moderators and still will affect peoples perception). They are behaviors however that make people less receptive to a point of view. Your red herring is not appreciated or valid. Thanks. Have a good one.

3 Likes

Against CoC.

Against CoC.

Against CoC.

Not sure. Probably isn’t though.

Not against CoC but again, they do not need to addressed. Ad hominem counters itself.

“Weak”. Games exist for the purpose of being fun.

Also,

In short, stuff like this doesn’t need to be addressed with a thread because we have moderators that do it for us. You making this thread was basically a waste of time because moderators exist and people already know people like this exist. It’s the internet. Also, I don’t appreciate the fact that you’re making this out to be a Mercy exclusive issue. Maybe change this thread’s title to:

The Community’s Problem.

21 Likes

Cute. So yeah.

Already addressed, first thing I addressed. I already responded to you that some of the mentioned things are against the ToS. So why that list is there, is beyond me. I’ll still mention it. You are being overly hostile. You need to settle down.

4 Likes

Are you talking about Ari? Because this:

Can literally be any OW Youtuber. So really, if you’re going to direct something at someone, just say their name.

9 Likes

Naw, not going to name names. Not going to have something intentionally misinterpreted as Targeted harassment. It could be any youtuber. I am not going to give someone like you, who has already shown to be dishonest in how you talk to people, a reason to report.

5 Likes

Don’t forget the:

“We have access to the same amount of limited data but the way I interpret it is the right one, hence anything you say is a lie and you hate mercy and me and my family and my legacy”

4 Likes

The part in bold in your quote insinuates that this is a Mercy exclusive problem which it is not. Again, just change the title. Besides, what’s the point of making the title seem Mercy exclusive but then say in the first paragraph that it isn’t a Mercy exclusive problem.

Literally only 2… And again, one doesn’t need to be addressed because it’s a logical fallacy.

And you’re just being unneccessary.

Then don’t be surprised if they don’t listen to you…

Oof. Now we’re just going to dogpile on me? Sad, really. Besides, you simplified our previous debate about data to fit your narrative. Not interested.

12 Likes

well look at that, I wasn’t talking about you but you happened to be around… the thing is, the problem I described is a lot more common around here than you think and more specifically, you used actual numbers and I told you, that’s great but there are others who use the same rhetoric without any factual proof

and funny you use the term dogpile when you yourself have taken part of similar behavior more than once against several people in the forums alongside your spamming buddies

3 Likes

Quote or it didn’t happen. Better yet, link the thread. Also, I don’t have “spamming buddies”.

6 Likes

You are a brick wall that has come in with gotcha moments and a failure to to even attempt to communicate. I am not concerned with anything else you have to say, and am not going to address you any further with a single exception.

I don’t really care if they listen or they do not. They are not the main focus of this topic. And if they come across it, they will know its them. This happened last night. It’s fresh on my mind and wanted to leave it there. But I am not going to attempt drive a crowd in their general direction, it is not my intention and i’m not going to bother trying to reach said person.

6 Likes

I think the devs genuinely like the non-Mercy parts of the support meta changes. There’s a lot more pickrate variety.

But I also don’t think they are blind to the fact that Mercy is underperforming, and could be more fun.

Dev’s are most likely ripe for listening to change suggestions more now than ever.

But one should focus on the easy-sell change suggestions.

Instead of multi-Rezz or removing Rez.

3 Likes

I honestly have better things to do than prove you wrong, although it wouldn’t take all that much of research, you pop in on every single mercy thread and we all know who also does that pretty much everyone who spams about mercy so dogpile? yes

Please calm down. This is just a forum.

I can already tell that this isn’t going to last too long.

Quick question. Skimming through the likes and replies in the thread, has the person you’re talking about seen this thread?

I mean, for the past 2 days, I was having my fun in the LGBT threads… If it’s old stuff you’re referring to, I don’t even know why you brought it up. It’s old. Also, two wrongs don’t make a right. Also, apologies if I did dog-pile on anyone. I can assure you that that wasn’t my intentions.

I pretty much don’t know who these people are. I can assure you, I don’t have outside ties with most of the people on these forums.

8 Likes

So, what is the purpose of this thread other than to agitate people who are already agitated? Do you expect them to somehow get an epiphany and realize how wrong they have been all the time when they have aggressively defended the hero they once (and perhaps still) love? This is just more fuel to the fire, and another one of those common problems in the community. There are many people in the Mercy community that fits the descriptions you are talking about, and there are probably an equal amount of people who go out of their way to agitate the same people in their anti-Mercy community rants. While this thread is not attacking developers or using aggressive language I would say that it’s still an extremely bad thread that contributes to worsening the situation in the forum community.

24 Likes

This to me looks like a biased thread.

You’ve forgotten at least one point where there’s a few members who deliberately derail actual Mercy feedback discussions.

Another point is the threads that are created effectively complaining about other Mercy discussion threads and classifying them, sometimes incorrectly, as spam when their own complaint thread about ‘Mercy spam’ is actually spam in itself (not relevant to Overwatch discussion but instead discussing forum policy).

Mercy is a popular hero and the fact that a year’s worth of megathread feedback went ignored, not discussed at all, didn’t help.

I also fail to see what the purpose of the thread is. It appears to be a rather lengthy complaint about other Mercy discussions on the forum, therefore more discussing about forum policy and not about Overwatch. Admittedly I haven’t read the entire thing however. This thread in itself seems to be spam since it’s not relevant to Overwatch but more so about forum policy.

11 Likes

Then change the title? Seems rather unnecessary to say that your thread applies to everyone but then put in the title, “The Mercy Community Problem”. That’s just my opinion though.

13 Likes