The Mercy bickering MUST STOP! 🛑

It’s constantly buff this, nerf that, she’s boring to play, she’s boring to play against.

I feel that she needs changes, but we need to try and work out the fundamental problem with the hero before we start looking at how to balance them, give Blizzard some time they’ll get it right.

I feel the problem is fun factor rather than balance, the game for support mains outside of Mercy is probably the most fun it has ever been, how could we bring Mercy there too without making her a must pick or making her outrageously boring to play as/play against?

Mercy Mains won’t shut up until they get anything from the Developers.
We just have to live with it.

6 Likes

Did you two actually read the whole post…?

13 Likes

If my hero was ignored without any real response for months, I wouldn’t be too happy either. While it can seem like constant whining, you have to look at it from their perspective. I would do the exact same if Zen got a pointless nerf.

5 Likes

Mercy’s the most fun she’s ever been silly.

You’re complaining about subjectivity and trying to solve it with more subjectivity. The “fundamental problem with the hero” differs from person to person.
I for one like the current Mercy and think she’s mostly fine.
Others will never shut up until a revert happens (will never happen)

You say the bickering has to stop, but you are making a thread that will necessarily have bickering. There are as many positions on Mercy as there are players who use her.

Case and point. I think the current Mercy is fun

Actually, it’s both now. Mercy is both pretty unfun outside of her core gameplay and she’s vastly underperforming in that area, so it’s kind of made her… not very useful.

5 Likes

I feel the tens of thousands of posts and constructive feedback on the rework over that last year should be enough to figure out what is wrong with her.

Just stop right there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a really snarky generalization. You also main a hero in competitive (Symmetra) who was drastically reworked and has a fairly vocal playerbase who are demanding things as well.

That doesn’t make either of those demographics wrong. :man_shrugging: This is just a really petty generalization of what people want.

5 Likes

i mean its been over a year, i lost faith a long time ago.

Please no. Don’t listen to the emotionally motivated minority.

Faith is not a reliable path to truth. I suggest you never rely on it.

2deep4me tbh…

The deep thoughts are the most profound.
Remember that faith is just the excuse people give when they believe something without a good reason.
If you had a good reason, you wouldn’t need faith.

Food for thought.

I feel she is almost in a good place, just one or two small changes and she could finally be both fun to play and play against.

I feel the heal number is good and fair now, give her some sort of Rez as an ultimate, but not the tedious mass Rez of the past.

I never understand these type of post to be quite honest with you… Why fight fire with fire? All this post is doing is making the fire even burn brighter and bigger…

Ideally, I think the message you’re trying to convey is that this “us versus them” mentality between Mercy mains and people who dislike Mercy mains needs to stop.

I think encouraging a constructive discussion is necessary and optimal. More threads like Titanium’s would be incredibly helpful because it feels less of an echo-chamber. And if someone wants to hate it just because “MeRcY mAiNs CrY mOrE” - screw 'em. Just keep having a constructive and valuable discussion.

Sometimes you must have faith in one another in order to get a good reason. :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, but it isn’t everyday where you see a Symmetra main complaining.

And yes, I main Symmetra; because she was drastically changed, and because I like those changes.

I like the Rez in the original Valk where you had to dive in to pick people up mid fight. That was fun.